Just reported on theticket, players dont practice in pads and hit

Boysboy

Reaction score
jimmy40;2354105 said:
Bill Walsh didn't have his players hit in practice either. I don't think that is the problem.

Funny how when we started 3-0, NOONE mentioned it. And now they wait until NOW to do so.

Really-it's only a couple of times a year when teams do so.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2353960 said:
ok, on theticket, larry brown says he watches practice and says, the cowboys dont hit in practice, because wade doesnt want the players to get hurt.

My point is this, jimmy johnson had the cowboys hit in practice during the week, so did tom landry, when is the coaching staff going to be held accountable too and start having the players hit in practice.

there was an old quote by jimmy johnson, fatigue makes cowards of you. If the other player is used to getting hit in practice and you arent, then your going to show it in a game.

that stinks no hitting in practice.

That was Vince Lombardi, dude.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
How long before one of our players misses a game with a hangnail...

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Rack;2354144 said:
That was Vince Lombardi, dude.

I think General George Patton was quoted in his 1947 book as saying it first. Who knows if Patton was the originator, but Lombardi used it constantly.

igtmfo

Reaction score
This 'no hit' policy might explain why we come out of training camp looking strong the last two years (hitting most days in training camp) ... then start a slow fade .. although it took 13 games before we started fading last year ...