Just spoke to an old pal of mine....

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
Was at a BBQ today....he's a huge Chiefs fan since the days of Bill Kenny and Carlos Carson...He flys to 2 Games every year from NJ(He's a football freak)

He said HE CANNOT BELIEVE we got Fujita - he has no idea why he was traded since the Chefs are as bad as it gets on D...even with their picks he said there's no way a tackling machine liek this guy should have been shipped out...Her said he'll be an instant Fan Fav in Dallas - he equated his tackling and tenacity to Zach Thomas - Gary Plummer. Said he thought Dat was in possible trouble. ??

Just passing it along....

Unforgiven

Reaction score
I agree. I think this guy is great. That's what worries me. Why so little? I'm worried about his shoulder injury.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
You have pals? Lol just kidding. But yeah Fujita should be a real nice acquisition.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I'm also worried about the shoulder, if he is not healthy this year then the trade is a bad way to get a OLB.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry but I just don't believe it ... I just can't believe you have a "pal" :D :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality said:
I'm sorry but I just don't believe it ... I just can't believe you have a "pal" :D :D

Everybody needs somebody sometimes. :p:

Just kidding BA

kmd24

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
I'm also worried about the shoulder, if he is not healthy this year then the trade is a bad way to get a OLB.

That's certainly why the trade included a conditional pick.

A 6th next year is not a bad price for a *chance* at a quality player. Really, it's much better than a draft pick because the guy is proven and just needs to heal. Most 6th rounders won't make their teams.

If he pans out the second 6th will seem trivial. Heck, the Cowboys gave up almost that much for Kenyon Coleman, and I was happy with that when he looked like he was nothing more than a body providing depth.

ZiggyZ.

Reaction score
I love watching the Chiefs because of their awesome offense. Priest Holmes is just amazing.
And when they play defense, Fujita was the only guy doing a bloody thing. He was all over the field.
Great pickup for Dallas.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
One by one, BP is putting the pieces in place. Both the LB and WR should be good depth or upgrades.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Badattitude said:
:(.. I actually have 2

Does the other pal know the difference between an ILB (Dat) and an OLB (Fujita)?? Seems the one we're talkin' about here doesn't... :D

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Its hard to imagine that the a defense as sorry as the Chiefs couldnt find a place for a guy who led them in tackles the last 2 seasons and would let him go for a 6th round pick. Glad they did though.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Dat is definitely not in trouble of losing his job to Fujita.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Doomsday said:
Its hard to imagine that the a defense as sorry as the Chiefs couldnt find a place for a guy who led them in tackles the last 2 seasons and would let him go for a 6th round pick. Glad they did though.

Havn't we made a couple of deals with Dick that didn't work out very well?

playit12

Reaction score
Doomsday said:

Led in tackles is a bit of a misnomer. Check out his, and his teams, actual numbers to see what I'm talking about. This guy most certainly is not a tackling machine, and the KC Linebackers are quite possible the worst in the league.

Looking at the numbers it appears the strongest position at LB for the cheifs was the WLB. Incidently he was the only one kept as a starter as the Chiefs drafted DJ to replace Fujita and signed Bell to start at MLB.

The Chiefs felt so strongly about Fujita that they didn't keep him as the sole vet with starting experience behind a rookie.

Beware castaway's from other teams.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Dat is definitely not in trouble of losing his job to Fujita.
Agreed. If any LB is in danger of losing his job to Fujita it is Singleton. He stays on the team for now but loses the starting job to Fujita by week 4...my crystal ball said so.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Agreed. If any LB is in danger of losing his job to Fujita it is Singleton. He stays on the team for now but loses the starting job to Fujita by week 4...my crystal ball said so.

Singleton will lose his job to Burnett. Fujita is depth.