Just to be clear, this is still our division to lose

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree.
Even with all the usuals freaking out about the other teams draft, especially the Eagles saying they over taken us.

So to use their narrative...it is on paper only, picks have not played a down yet....so it applies to them as it does to us.

We are the current NFCE champs and are the favorites, until knocked off. Which will not be anytime soon. :D

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Eagles and Cowboys will be within one game of each other this season. They’ve closed the gap. The Giants/Skins will be better this season too.

My post draft record prediction is 9-8. Down from 10-7 pre-draft.

Daillest88

Reaction score
My thing is.. parsons in his 2nd year.. Diggs in his 3rd year same with lamb . Steele has continued to transform his body this offseason. Osa has put on muscle this off , looks huge, and secondary is seasoned, in there prime, kearse, brown and Lewis. And I believe Tolbert gonna be a big time player for us. Honestly believe smith will be an upgrade over williams. Lol penalties are offset… smith superior strength and much bigger . Let them sleep on the cowboys

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why's that?

This is NOBODY'S divisions until someone can, at the very least, win it back to back.

Until then it's wide open like always.

P.S. This sounds like a "I'm not confident right now in this team, and the draft has not helped, so let's try and convince ourselves that we're still better than the other teams in the division. Hold me, please." type of post.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Agree.
Even with all the usuals freaking out about the other teams draft, especially the Eagles saying they over taken us.

So to use their narrative...it is on paper only, picks have not played a down yet....so it applies to them as it does to us.

We are the current NFCE champs and are the favorites, until knocked off. Which will not be anytime soon. :D
What’s crazy only team they beat with a winning record was the saints last year. They by far had the easiest schedule the last 6-7 weeks of the season and the chips fell in there David.. (commanders covid team. Played jets backup Qb , giants backup QB, **** even played the saints 3rd string offense lineman and 3rd string qb.. again we shall see , hurts has a whole year of tape on him too

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m mature enough that I can give credit where credit is due, even when it’s not my favorite team. The Eagles and Giants improved a lot over the past two days. The gap in overall talent has shrunk.

Besides that, we showed that we’re not good enough yet to compete with the better teams in the league. If that stays the case, it won’t matter if we win the division again, only to get quickly bounced out of the playoffs.

On a positive note, we added nasty and physical to an offensive line that sorely needed it and got a quality pass rusher to add to the defense. Two steps in the right direction.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
No doubt every team on paper has improved, but they each got destroyed by the Cowboys last year and had a lot of catching up to do.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Every QB for the last decade in the NFC West would be Russell Wilson’s backup.

Yet since 2014:

the Rams have made 2 Super Bowls and won one

the 49ers have made 2 NFCCGs and won one, appearing in 1 SB

the Cardinals have made 1 NFCCG to Seattle’s 0 and have won the division as many times in that span.

QB is big, but it’s not everything.

nobody

Reaction score
Last time I checked, everyone's record for the 2022 season is 0-0. It's no one's division to lose right now. There hasn't been a team in the NFC East that has won back-to-back division champions since 2001-2004 and that was the Eagles.

There is a lot that can happen between now and game one and a lot that can happen between game one and the time someone can secure being the division champ.

It doesn't just matter who has the most "talent." It's also how they play as a team and the game plans.

All of that being said, I don't think that each team has a 25% chance to win it with what is known at this point. I think Dallas and Philly have higher odds and New York and Washington have lower odds... but it's by far nobody's division to lose.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Well Dak has been here what 6 years now and this team has yet to win back to back nfceast championships. It takes more than just having the best QB. I'll believe it when I see it.

If having the "best" qb in the division makes them feel good, which really doesn't say much about Dak, says more about the sisters of the poor division...so be it. Who freaking cares; if you are one and done and really cannot compete against any decent team outside the division. We have seen Dak's deer in headlights look going up against any real defenses. The bar has sunk so low with Dak around.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If TSmith can help bring back a dominant run game with an aging Zeke maybe we can win the division. If teams do like last year and drop back into coverage more then these guys may struggle to get open. They got rid of their best route runner and the deep threat guy is injured. CD with backups and rookies scares no one. They did run better to start the season last year so maybe the run game can carry the offense untill gallup returns and they can open up the passing.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
P.S. This sounds like a "I'm not confident right now in this team, and the draft has not helped, so let's try and convince ourselves that we're still better than the other teams in the division. Hold me, please." type of post.

Interesting how you seem to always know what others are thinking rather than taking their posts at face value. Stop that.....I said exactly what I wanted in the initial post, no more, no less. No question, all three teams have greatly improved. In fact, I mentioned in another thread the impressive job Roseman is doing, but we all know, team success starts and ends with their QB. Fact is, not one of the three divisional teams trust their QBs beyond next season.......

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Interesting how you seem to always know what others are thinking rather than taking their posts at face value. Stop that.....I said exactly what I wanted in the initial post, no more, no less. No question, all three teams have greatly improved. In fact, I mentioned in another thread the impressive job Roseman is doing, but we all know, team success starts and ends with their QB. Fact is, not one of the three divisional teams trust their QBs beyond next season.......
If the Cowboys were smart there would be 4 teams in the division that don't trust their QB. Dak has done nothing to earn the trust. He's lead his team to 1 more playoff win then Hurts, Wentz, and Jones. That's nothing to be proud of at all.

If Dak craps the bed this season and we don't win the division then we need to draft a QB and stop playing around with these undrafted (Romo)/4th round talents (Dak) and start taking the most important position in football seriously for the first time since 1989.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m mature enough that I can give credit where credit is due, even when it’s not my favorite team. The Eagles and Giants improved a lot over the past two days. The gap in overall talent has shrunk.

Besides that, we showed that we’re not good enough yet to compete with the better teams in the league. If that stays the case, it won’t matter if we win the division again, only to get quickly bounced out of the playoffs.

On a positive note, we added nasty and physical to an offensive line that sorely needed it and got a quality pass rusher to add to the defense. Two steps in the right direction.

Between day 1 & 2 of the draft, as well as FA and trades. The gap has closed for sure.
Even with Wentz in Washington, they are a better team than what they had at QB.
Eagles will depend on how Hurts progresses.
Giants still have a ways to go, but one never knows when that leap will happen.

As for Dallas, I will say conservatively we stayed the same. Some days I feel we slightly improved, other days, slightly behind. Mostly because we do not know how all the changes will work out. But I do think the defense will be better in year 2 under DQ.
Offense improvements will depend much on how Kellen Moore gets his head out of his butt to call a better run game.

I will wait until after today, and then see what the reports are after the 1st OTA and see the reports. Though some will say those do not mean anything.
But the gap has closed.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Pretty sure that the culture they are trying to change......