just wonderin'.... Aikman as a coach?

Cliff

Benched
Reaction score
does any1 think troy might try his hand coachin' sumday? :bow:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
That would be a serious pay cut from what he is doing now.

In other words, no.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Why give up the safety of the booth where during the week you don't have much of anything to do and you have no responsibility?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CliffHarris;1303659 said:

I've heard him say numerous times he has no interest in coaching at any level

David

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
If he did, it sure wouldn't be the Cowboys......you did hear that he hates them....didn't ya?:eek::

MONT17

Reaction score
I would love to see Troy Coach... but then again I'm one of those who thinks he is still our best QB option!!!

But Troy hates Jerry... or lets just say I cant see them getting along! Troy is a winner and he would not be happy coaching the Boys!!!

But at age 38 or 39... this team would have been 11-5 or 12-4 with Aikman at QB!!!

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
MONT17;1303724 said:
I would love to see Troy Coach... but then again I'm one of those who thinks he is still our best QB option!!!

But Troy hates Jerry... or lets just say I cant see them getting along! Troy is a winner and he would not be happy coaching the Boys!!!

But at age 38 or 39... this team would have been 11-5 or 12-4 with Aikman at QB!!!

Where did that come from?

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I doubt it. Any thing is possible but for many former players they realize the time involved in being a coach and for some it is not worth the headache and time away from family

Derinyar

Reaction score
The last thing you usually want in a coach is a player who was a perfectionist.

You would think that Ted Williams would have been a great hitting coach. You would be wrong. Its hard for many great athletes to wonder why everyone can't do/see what they do.

Lesser players, or sometimes failed players, tend to make better coaches. They have usually put more time and thought into the game then the great players, and they have a better idea of what the average player can do.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Derinyar;1303952 said:
The last thing you usually want in a coach is a player who was a perfectionist.

You would think that Ted Williams would have been a great hitting coach. You would be wrong. Its hard for many great athletes to wonder why everyone can't do/see what they do.

Lesser players, or sometimes failed players, tend to make better coaches. They have usually put more time and thought into the game then the great players, and they have a better idea of what the average player can do.

Very true. Look at all the great coaches and you will rarely find a former great player. It does happen once in a while however.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Better Idea is to let Romo coach. That way he can spread his Moxie through out the team.;) Besides Aikmans been hit in the head to often.

vlad

Reaction score
I can guarantee you he'd be one mean... (respecting the Board's rules)

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Mental suicide if he ever did. How many times do you get the job of the next "Madden" for life? How many jobs are there like that? He's already on FOX's No. 1 team. What a life. The best game, every week for life, and getting paid richly for it! The only downside if there is one is being away from the family alot. Other than that, it's fat city.
IF he was just sitting around "retired" with little other options, yeah, maybe I can see coaching. I know if someone put the two jobs on the table and said "pick one", that's a no brainer. No babysitting, no media to deal with, no owner or GM breathing down your neck, and unless your calling MNF games, no critisizm to speak of. Just look at most NFL coaches faces during games and press conferences, especially Parcells. It's a constant look of indegestion and constipation. Like they just swallowed a bucket full of vinegar. Troy probably gets paid at coaching level or better, stays at the best places in the greatest cities, get's chauffered and jetted wherever he goes, etc.........his job consists of only three big things. Studying teams, players, stats, etc........., interviewing and meeting with team members, and calling the games from the best seat in the house. Air conditioned in heat and warm in the cold.
Naw, going from the sideline to the booth is alot easier than going from the booth to the sideline...................

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score

I seriously doubt it. He has the best gig in sports right now and is making a ton of money at it.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
vlad;1304141 said:
I can guarantee you he'd be one mean...

**ques shaft music**

"shut yo mouth!"

"i was just talking about shaft though"

"Oh..Okay then..."