Signed by Cowboys Justin March signed

tm1119

Reaction score
So we are just blaming our horrific special teams on the scheme/coaching I guess?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Don’t get this move. I get he’s dirt cheap but there is a reason for that. That being said, won’t be surprised at all if he doesn’t make the team

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We seem to be following the same blueprint we have followed each and every year.

Sign back our own and toe dip on free agency with virtually no thoughts of aggressively trying to improve the team.

Yes. I was hoping McCarthy would have more input than that. Looks like the Joneses are doing the grocery shopping since they are going down the same old aisles.

Now, maybe McCarthy can do more with the same stale groceries, but it would certainly help to give him some better pieces to work with.

Aven8

Reaction score
March is a solid backup LB. I’m more concerned about the starters LVE and specifically Jaylon.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t get this move. I get he’s dirt cheap but there is a reason for that. That being said, won’t be surprised at all if he doesn’t make the team
Glorified insurance. That what this is about. I can see a 6th or 7th rounder of even a UDFA knocking him off the 53.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
So we are just blaming our horrific special teams on the scheme/coaching I guess?
Pretty sure the coach had no prior experience coaching. Didn't we promote him from the scouting department or something?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Presuming LVE gets healthy LB group will be fine. Lee is also there as insirance and Joe Thomas is a decent depth guy. Guessing we don't go LB early in this draft, but probably make some depth plays 4th on.

CB, S, DT, DE, WR before LB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Thomas is a good player. I’m glad to see this one.

coult44

Reaction score
We seem to be following the same blueprint we have followed each and every year.

Sign back our own and toe dip on free agency with virtually no thoughts of aggressively trying to improve the team.

Because this plan has produced so many winning teams in 25 years. How many winning squads in the last quarter century? Hmmmmmm ZERO, Less than ZERO. Yep, let’s keep shopping at Ross and Marshall’s and just pretend that we don’t see the missing zipper or that the hood is on backwards.

Carson

Reaction score
Cheap guys can be cut if we draft better players. You have to sign more than the roster to get to the season with a full roster after injuries.

It also eliminates the need for linebacker during the draft. Allows us to use the picks elsewhere.

We have 7 linebackers with NFL experience.

We have to trust Bones. If he wanted March and Thomas back for his special teams, then he sees something in these guys

Rayman70

Reaction score
It also eliminates the need for linebacker during the draft. Allows us to use the picks elsewhere.

We have 7 linebackers with NFL experience.

We have to trust Bones. If he wanted March and Thomas back for his special teams, then he sees something in these guys
actually, this changes nothing. We need bodies right now. We don't know how healthy LVE will be. MM has a hunch I am thinking. We have visited with Kenneth Murray already 3 times. Linebacker isn't off the table at all. Its in play. This signing may be more for an easier defensive transition. Familiarity. He coached him(Thomas) in GB...plus March is a guy that's a special teamer.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
actually, this changes nothing. We need bodies right now. We don't know how healthy LVE will be. MM has a hunch I am thinking. We have visited with Kenneth Murray already 3 times. Linebacker isn't off the table at all. Its in play. This signing may be more for an easier defensive transition. Familiarity. He coached him(Thomas) in GB...plus March is a guy that's a special teamer.

LB is *in play* for the draft, but not *required*. Exactly where we want to be going into the draft.