Defensive Line

Height: 6-foot-6
Weight: 345 pounds
Class Year: Sr
Hometown: Newark, NJ
High Scho

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I know thats what i was thinking, but it was on a llink i found while he was at rutgers

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/553404

553404.jpg

# 69 J'Vonne ParkerPosition: DT
Height: 6-4
Weight: 325
Born: 06/07/1982
College: Rutgers
NFL Experience: 1

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Something about picking him up from the BROWNS practice squad doesnt give me too much confidence in him. But time will tell

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Well i am thinking since he has been on browns pratice squad for a whole year, he has gotten some playing time in preseason etc, and bill saw that, plus he talked to the head coach whom he knows,

i do like him being 6-4 better than 6-6, 6-6 is pretty tall for NT,

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
NextGenBoys said:
Something about picking him up from the BROWNS practice squad doesnt give me too much confidence in him. But time will tell

Even bad teams can have more guys at one spot than they can keep.

I can't believe he is from Jersey, lol.

Wood

Reaction score
His hometown is Newark NJ. I can tell you he has to be a tough guy to have lived there. Tough city.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Wood said:
His hometown is Newark NJ. I can tell you he has to be a tough guy to have lived there. Tough city.

Yeah, as many Jersey ties that are on this team, we might need to change the name of our team

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Lindy's also list him at 6-4 310, if he is 323 or 325, he should expect to hear from the coach abou losing 13-15 pounds.

Woods

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze said:
Yeah, as many Jersey ties that are on this team, we might need to change the name of our team

Jersey Cows

get it? kind of a cow?

bad joke. it's late over here . . . .:D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
found this on a forum by googling
http://sportsforum.ws/showthread.php?t=154065

original source: http://www.patsfans.com/nlscouting/display.php?story_id=2697

RUTGERS (March 21st) senior defensive tackle J'VONNE PARKER (#97) ran between 5.18 and 5.22 in the 40... 4.6 short shuttle... 32" vertical and also did 27 reps of 225 pounds... weighed in at 6051, 319 pounds... was athletic in his drills... moved well for a player of his size... impressed with his work during 1-on-1 and positional drills, as well... had 19 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, 1/2 sack and one fumble recovery... many thought he might re-gain an extra year of eligibility, but that never happened, so unless the NCAA makes a late change he stay eligible for this year's draft... came to Rutgers after two years at Howard... played both football and basketball in high school (center)... will turn 23 in June... if you are unsure of him as a pro DT he has the raw physical tools to be worth a long look as an OT... at least 19 scouts were in attendance for this workout.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Thanks woodysgirl,, i got this off of www.couchscout.com
its pretty accurate on speed, size tooo
PARKER J'Vonne 6- 5.0 342 5.42 364.12

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nose Tackle Added
Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells had said throughout training camp that either Thomas Johnson or Montavious Stanley would need to rise to the occasion in order to back up starting nose tackle Jason Ferguson.

Apparently, neither one did.

The Cowboys claimed J'Vonne Parker off waivers from the Browns on Monday and released Johnson. The club already had waived Stanley, a sixth-round pick, on Saturday.

Parker doesn't come to the Cowboys with much experience, having played just four games last season in Cleveland. He spent the first 12 weeks of the 2005 season on the practice squad before getting called up to the active roster.
Most of all, though, the Cowboys liked his size, 6-4, 323 pounds. If Parker isn't ready for the opener, Parcells said last week there was a chance defensive end and nickel tackle Jay Ratliff would be a likely candidate to back up starting nose tackle Jason Ferguson.

LINK

Connection20

Reaction score
NextGenBoys said:

are you kidding me? With the success the Broncos have had with former Browns linemen? You would think teams would be lining up to sign these guys.:D