K.Burnett said it best...

crazytown41

Reaction score
"All this is well and good, but we wish we could throw all this aside and just go to the playoffs," Burnett said. "All of this means nothing if we don't win a Super Bowl. I think we're becoming greedy players."

Sure we're playing well right now but we did so last season as well. The Boys gone down this road already. They're going to make playoffs and be the #1 or 2 seed.

Our goal right now should be to stay healthy and to play well for the stretch run.

I wish we could fast forward to December already. I'm itching for the games that REALLY count

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
crazytown41;2278115 said:
Sure we're playing well right now but we did so last season as well. The Boys gone down this road already. They're going to make playoffs and be the #1 or 2 seed.

Our goal right now should be to stay healthy and to play well for the stretch run.

I wish we could fast forward to December already. I'm itching for the games that REALLY count

If we don't win now we wont make it to the playoffs these games count and they are hell of a lot of fun to watch.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2278121 said:
If we don't win now we wont make it to the playoffs these games count and they are hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Exactly. Preach on brother!

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I actually think that Romo said it best when he stated that the journey is the most fun part and why would a person want to skip the journey.

There is no talk about playoffs. There is no talk about the superbowl. There is no talk about ending the season as the highest scoring team or as undefeated. There is only talk about the next leg of the journey. Play each game, enjoy the ride, take the same mentality in the playoffs.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
that is what happens when you don't even win a playoff game with a 13-3 team. Had this been a veteran team we would probably struggle to even make the playoffs. Luckily we infused this team with some young veterans who were not here last year...and some rookies....to give this team a pick me up when we get bored with the regular season

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
As Gene Stallings used to say when his team was playing a lesser opponent like a SW Louisiana..."If you don't think these games are big, just lose one and you'll see how big they are."

Geez. You gotta win these game to get to the playoffs. It's ridiculous to talk about playoffs and SB at this point in the season.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2278158 said:
As Gene Stallings used to say when his team was playing a lesser opponent like a SW Louisiana..."If you don't think these games are big, just lose one and you'll see how big they are."

Geez. You gotta win these game to get to the playoffs. It's ridiculous to talk about playoffs and SB at this point in the season.

:bow:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2278158 said:

:laugh2:

That's a great quote.

seniorette

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2278121 said:

Take it from a woman's view point.
These games are like the cake on the platter.
Every bite, every play a lot of enjoyment.
When the cake is gone, when the season is over.
We have a nice shiney platter, and a trophy
TO SIT AND LOOK
while we think back and remember all the good times.
Great play, good game, lots of fun to watch.

superpunk

Reaction score
I think you could tell with the look on some of the vet players faces last night that they were not satisfied with how they played, or have been playing.

Right now, the Dallas Cowboys are playing with the motto: "How poor can we play and STILL smash our opposition?"

If they ever manage a complete game, I think it will be an amazing thing. Right now they're just so much better than everyone else that these mistakes are just overcome by their enormous talent. If the mistakes go away....

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I agree with Romo this is too much fun to wish it away and fast forward to post season. As a fan the season comes and goes to quickly and I plan on enjoying this ride and when the post season comes we will see where we are at that point.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
seniorette;2278330 said:
Take it from a woman's view point.
These games are like the cake on the platter.
Every bite, every play a lot of enjoyment.
When the cake is gone, when the season is over.
We have a nice shiney platter, and a trophy
TO SIT AND LOOK
while we think back and remember all the good times.
Great play, good game, lots of fun to watch.

nice way to put it!I saw a great mental image with your description.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I hate this "we need to win a playoff game first" mentality. The 2006 team wasn't very good and even if they scored did anyone have faith we would stop Seattle or win another game. Last year we had a very good team and got beat by the Giants in close game that we mostly controlled. A fluke play to Toomer and a bad 2 minute drill cost us.

Winning a single playoff game doesn't make a good season. Are the Commanders better than us because they won a playoff game? This team is young, loaded with talent and fun to watch. Stop drinking the Haterade.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
bkight13;2278452 said:
I hate this "we need to win a playoff game first" mentality. The 2006 team wasn't very good and even if they scored did anyone have faith we would stop Seattle or win another game. Last year we had a very good team and got beat by the Giants in close game that we mostly controlled. A fluke play to Toomer and a bad 2 minute drill cost us.

Winning a single playoff game doesn't make a good season. Are the Commanders better than us because they one a playoff game? This team is young, loaded with talent and fun to watch. Stop drinking the Haterade.

There was no doubt in my mind that we would have won the Seattle game.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
focus on winning the division and then worry about everything else.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

100% disagree!~!

I agree with Jerry Jones and Tony Romo who said this is fun right now! Enjoy this ride and then when the playoffs get here they get here and you enjoy that too.

About 2000 we would have all longed for a nice 1995 regular season game again....

This is about 1 game, 1 win, not the playoffs.