K.I.S.S. Method. Keep It Simple Stupid, just feed 21

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The major problem is abandoning the run.

This team isnt passing it's way to a championship . Not with Dak as the starter.

A dominant running game is what this team must attempt.
While I agree with the philosophy, this team doesnt have the supporting cast to pound.
Zeke would be worn out by week 13.
If we had another big back maybe I could see this, but its all about moving the ball down the field quickly now, we cant expose this D for very long.
Sad but it is the state of the union at the moment.

GMO415

Reaction score
In case you havent notice, feeding Zeke doesnt get us anywhere. It actually keeps the games close and plays right out of our hands on how we should be playing.

With the firepower the Cowboys have in the passing game, teams will be thanking Moore if he pounds Zeke at 4 yards a clip slowly up the field. AT some point, Zeke will get stuffed and it will be 3rd and long.

This offense works best out of the hurry up spread formations. This is when they move the ball the best. Its overly obvious. Cowboys need to be aggressive with the passing game early and get a nice lead so that the pass rush can tee off.

THEN you can pound Zeke with a lead and mix it in there.

I know this is going to be hard for the Zeke lovers to hear, but the presence of Zeke on this team and his monster contract is holding back the direction of the offense. This offense is an offense that lacks an identity. Its caught in between wanting to be a dynamic passing attack or a power running team.
That did work in the 90s, pass to set up the run.

It's only one game, but Dak didn't go down field but once.

Moore's offense is the short game.

I'm with you, have the WRs streak out and pass to the backs on a drag or in the flat. We could still kill them underneath.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Tom Brady won a lot of rings. Short passes, and average running backs. He had a all time great WR... they did not win.

Tricky situation.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
We're about to play a team that will probably put up more than 450 yards on us if we don't slow them down.

I understand everyone wants to see DAL have three 1,000 yard WRs, but that is not how we're going to start winning.

Did you see how EzE was dominating LA, but for some reason, Moore went away from him?

Feed him runs and passes and watch us get our first win of the season. Because if we don't, this OL won't hold up and we're looking at another dismal outcome.

In the game against the Rams, here is a breakdown of Zeke's carries based on down:

1st 14 Carries 62 Yards 4.4 ypc

2nd 5 Carries 23 Yards 4.6 ypc 1 TD

3rd 2 Carries 7 Yards 3.5 ypc

4th 1 Carry 4 Yards 4 ypc

Based on Quarters:

1st 3 Carries 11 Yards 3.7 ypc

2nd 6 Carries 26 Yards 4.3 ypc 1 TD

3rd 8 Carries 37 Yards 4.6 ypc

4th 5 Carries 22 Yards 4.4 ypc

Also of note in terms of offensive approach, when you look at the Dallas record in relationship to Zeke carries versus Dak pass attempts:

2016 Zeke 322 Carries Dak 459 Attempts Dallas Record 13-3

2017 (Zeke missed games due to suspension) Zeke 242 Carries Dak 490 Attempts Dallas Record 9-7

2018 Zeke 304 Carries Dak 526 Attempts Dallas Record 10-6

2019 Zeke 301 Carries Dak 596 Attempts Dallas Record 8-8

2020 Zeke 22 Carries Dak 39 Attempts Dallas Record 0-1

While looking from a distance, based on the comparison between number of carries for Zeke and number of attempts for Dak, one could make the determination that reducing Dak's attempts and getting Zeke/Pollard more carries just may equal a better record.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We need to pound him and hope we don’t fall behind. But I think the falcons secondary is bad.

I expect us to play much better this week..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That did work in the 90s, pass to set up the run.

It's only one game, but Dak didn't go down field but once.

Moore's offense is the short game.

I'm with you, have the WRs streak out and pass to the backs on a drag or in the flat. We could still kill them underneath.

pounding the ball works great if you have one of the most dominant lines in football combined with a top 5 defense.

GMO415

Reaction score
We need to pound him and hope we don’t fall behind. But I think the falcons secondary is bad.

I expect us to play much better this week..
The best way to keep those ATL WRs on the sidelines and our DEF rested, is to control the clock.

GMO415

Reaction score
I fully expect a better O-Line this week. They don’t have a DT like rams.
MM has tape on his team and now he has something to work with. I too, expect a better looking offense this week. If not, we are in a world of hurt.