Kai Parham Question!

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
In looking at alot of the early mock drafts,I don't see his name mentioned much in the first 2 rounds. Saw one draft with him going to us in the second, which seems about right to me. For those in the know, whats the word on Parham? Strickly an inside guy? Versatile enough to play inside or outside? His size and weight and the fact he 's already playing in a 3-4 would seem perfect for us. - Whats the scoop ? :cool:

VACowboy

Reaction score
kiheikiwi said:
In looking at alot of the early mock drafts,I don't see his name mentioned much in the first 2 rounds. Saw one draft with him going to us in the second, which seems about right to me. For those in the know, whats the word on Parham? Strickly an inside guy? Versatile enough to play inside or outside? His size and weight and the fact he 's already playing in a 3-4 would seem perfect for us. - Whats the scoop ? :cool:

He played inside at Virginia, blitzing from his mike position some and lining up some on the edge when Brooks was injured. He led the team in tackles this year and had 8.5 sacks. He has good size, 6-3 and 247. He has the measureables and was a very productive player in college. He's also durable, a hard worker and a high, high character guy. So, what's not to like? The reason you don't hear more about him is that he's not super athletic. I think it's really a wait and see sorta thing for most personnel people when it comes to Kai. If he performs well in the running drills at the combine he'll definitely be a second rounder. He's very strong, so he'll get his bench reps. Just a matter of speed and agility.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
VACowboy said:
He played inside at Virginia, blitzing from his mike position some and lining up some on the edge when Brooks was injured. He led the team in tackles this year and had 8.5 sacks. He has good size, 6-3 and 247. He has the measureables and was a very productive player in college. He's also durable, a hard worker and a high, high character guy. So, what's not to like? The reason you don't hear more about him is that he's not super athletic. I think it's really a wait and see sorta thing for most personnel people when it comes to Kai. If he performs well in the running drills at the combine he'll definitely be a second rounder. He's very strong, so he'll get his bench reps. Just a matter of speed and agility.
Sounds like Burnett.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Cowboy. Still sounds like a good/solid pick for us, I'll be watching his stock over the next 2 months to see how his "buzz" does.If he somehow fell to us in the 3rd that would be even better,depth and potential - you can't go wrong.

ghst187

Reaction score
he could be a guy that could end up surprisingly in the 4th a la Marion Barber.
Kind of a forgotten guy at a deep position this draft. LB's tend to slide on draft day a little anyway.
He's a gem in the 4th, probably not upset with picking him in the 3rd depending on what we do in the first two rounds. If we get Carpenter and Lawson in the first two, Parham would kind of be overkill.

Hiero

Reaction score
I think he could play either position. He has the pass rushing skills, and size. He would probably be better off at ILB though, I guess it depends on where Burnett ends up.

neosapien23

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
he could be a guy that could end up surprisingly in the 4th a la Marion Barber.
Kind of a forgotten guy at a deep position this draft. LB's tend to slide on draft day a little anyway.
He's a gem in the 4th, probably not upset with picking him in the 3rd depending on what we do in the first two rounds. If we get Carpenter and Lawson in the first two, Parham would kind of be overkill.

Not going to happen bro. We need a linebacker, but no way can we afford to take two of them.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
The Seniors are getting all the attention right now because of the hype surrounding the Senior Bowl. As the Combine and workouts start rolling in as the big day draws closer, you'll start hearing more and more about the juniors.