Kaiser Rolls out analysis 10/23

Kaiser

Reaction score
This what I wrote in the prediction thread yesterday:

Double digit win. The sun shines. Flowers bloom. Fans remember what Sean Lee means to the defense. Garrett and Marinelli suddenly learn how to coach. Puppies have their bellies rubbed. Kittens cuddle small children.

So pet those puppies and cuddles those kittens.

This game was about the “Four E’s”

1. Execution

2. Ezekiel Elliot

3. Even out the turnovers

4. Ease Sean Lee back into the lineup

#1, the execution. A lot of that is the OL and they are finally starting to gel as a unit. The 49ers are better than their record and have a good DL. Collins played very well and is settling into the RT spot. I haven’t been high on Cooper but he played well also and doesn’t have to meet that high of a bar because he is lined up between Tyron and Frederick. (Also I like Chaz Green at LG but I love him as the Swing Tackle)

When the OL is executing, its back to the 2016 playbook. Control the game with the running game and then let Prescott take a scalpel to the other team spreading passes around.

#2 – Ezekiel Elliot. We all know what he can do, but today he added in the big plays like the 70 yard screen.

#3 – Even out the turnovers. We got several today and you see the numbers on the scoreboard. If we get one of those in each of the last two games we would be 5-1 even without Sean Lee. And we got several breaks in this game when we got zero for the last two games.

#4 – Sean Lee. With him its more about the little things in coaching on the field and positioning, but you saw a half dozen plays today where he got a TFL that in the last two games was a ten yard gain. That by itself is a huge difference and the positioning moves are a bigger difference than that.

Some random notes:

This front four could be very good. Irving at DT makes a big difference and all of these guys can rush the passer as well as play the run. Crawford is the weakest link and he is on a pace for 8 sacks. The rotational guys also showed up, Price made several plays and Taco is improving.

The great thing about a 30 point win is you can laugh instead of cry watching Jeff Heath kick extra points.
The Defense is much better with Hitchens starting and Jaylon in the role he was supposed to play – backing up the Mike and coming in for specific plays.

Reason number four billion to love Dak Prescott was the option read sweep where he picked up the 1st down and then shoved a DB while going out of bounds. Eli Manning would look like a cast member of Big Bang Theory if he tried to do that.

Dak and Dez Bryant are showing they have their timing down, which is a great sign going forward. He didn’t really have that last year as a rookie, look for Dez to put up big numbers going forward. Also I didn’t post in the threads about it, but I’m leaning toward starting Butler over Twill at this point.

Both safeties (Jones and Heath) played well. Lewis had a very quiet game, which is a great sign for a rookie.

I love the fact that Cooper Rush got some reps, you can’t judge much by garbage time but now we can cut Kellen Moore when we need a roster spot – and I was a guy that completely understood why they kept Moore until Rush was ready.

Pray for Dwight Clark and his family. There is no worse disease than ALS.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Double digit win. The sun shines. Flowers bloom. Fans remember what Sean Lee means to the defense. Garrett and Marinelli suddenly learn how to coach. Puppies have their bellies rubbed. Kittens cuddle small children.

1. Execution

2. Ezekiel Elliot

#1, the execution. A lot of that is the OL and they are finally starting to gel as a unit. The 49ers are better than their record and have a good DL. Collins played very well and is settling into the RT spot. I haven’t been high on Cooper but he played well also and doesn’t have to meet that high of a bar because he is lined up between Tyron and Frederick. (Also I like Chaz Green at LG but I love him as the Swing Tackle)

When the OL is executing, its back to the 2016 playbook. Control the game with the running game and then let Prescott take a scalpel to the other team spreading passes around.

#2 – Ezekiel Elliot. We all know what he can do, but today he added in the big plays like the 70 yard screen.

#3 – Even out the turnovers. We got several today and you see the numbers on the scoreboard. If we get one of those in each of the last two games we would be 5-1 even without Sean Lee. And we got several breaks in this game when we got zero for the last two games.

#4 – Sean Lee. With him its more about the little things in coaching on the field and positioning, but you saw a half dozen plays today where he got a TFL that in the last two games was a ten yard gain. That by itself is a huge difference and the positioning moves are a bigger difference than that.

Some random notes:

This front four could be very good. Irving at DT makes a big difference and all of these guys can rush the passer as well as play the run. Crawford is the weakest link and he is on a pace for 8 sacks. The rotational guys also showed up, Price made several plays and Taco is improving.

The great thing about a 30 point win is you can laugh instead of cry watching Jeff Heath kick extra points.
The Defense is much better with Hitchens starting and Jaylon in the role he was supposed to play – backing up the Mike and coming in for specific plays.

Reason number four billion to love Dak Prescott was the option read sweep where he picked up the 1st down and then shoved a DB while going out of bounds. Eli Manning would look like a cast member of Big Bang Theory if he tried to do that.

Dak and Dez Bryant are showing they have their timing down, which is a great sign going forward. He didn’t really have that last year as a rookie, look for Dez to put up big numbers going forward. Also I didn’t post in the threads about it, but I’m leaning toward starting Butler over Twill at this point.

Both safeties (Jones and Heath) played well. Lewis had a very quiet game, which is a great sign for a rookie.

I love the fact that Cooper Rush got some reps, you can’t judge much by garbage time but now we can cut Kellen Moore when we need a roster spot – and I was a guy that completely understood why they kept Moore until Rush was ready.

Nice dominant win. And Heath finally did do well. But it was at kicker. He was still whiffing tackles and making no plays at safety.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
The 49ers are winless...

We should've stomped their butts....

Woods took a split second too long to cover & was yanked-- Yet Heath was a full second slower on the same coverage- Not only yesterday but throughout the season.....

Glad to see Hitch & Lee together.....

Taco looks TERRIBLE.....

I still hate "the catch" but respect #87....

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

1. Execution

2. Ezekiel Elliot

Some random notes:

If I may, I would like to add the 5th E -
#5 - Easy opponent

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The rulebook robbed Scandrick and the team of one turnover by interception. In my opinion, any part of the player's body touching the ground should be considered the ground. Scandrick's second foot did not land on an opponent's body. His second foot connected with his first foot. Just imagine if Bryant's two-toe touch touchdown grab would have been negated because his second BIG toe hand landed on his first BIG toe. Ridiculous. The rule should be revised.
There are one or two diseases I would put above ALS's cruelty. Huntington's Disease is one. Regardless, ALS is so terrible that some non-compassionate people would not wish it upon even their worst enemy. I second the prayers for Clark and family and anyone one else dealing with the dreaded affliction.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

1. Execution

2. Ezekiel Elliot

Some random notes:

Great stuff kaiser!

Kaiser

Reaction score
If I may, I would like to add the 5th E -
#5 - Easy opponent

The 49ers are not a good team but they aren't what I would call easy. I just posted this in another thread, their previous five losses were all by 3 points or less.

But lets look at the last six games SF has played this season:

Lose to the Seahawks by 3
Lose to the Rams by 2
Lose to the Cardinals by 3
Lose to the Colts by 3
Lose to the Commanders by 2
Lose to the Cowboys by THIRTY

Kaiser

Reaction score
The rulebook robbed Scandrick and the team of one turnover by interception. In my opinion, any part of the player's body touching the ground should be considered the ground. Scandrick's second foot did not land on an opponent's body. His second foot connected with his first foot. Just imagine if Bryant's two-toe touch touchdown grab would have been negated because his second BIG toe hand landed on his first BIG toe. Ridiculous. The rule should be revised.

Totally agree. Broaddus mentioned this too in his articles, if the second foot is going to land in bounds but touches the other foot instead, that is definitely a catch in my book.

Look for the rule to be changed this offseason, it will now be a catch. Unless you are playing the Packers or Patriots and then its a 15 yard penalty on Dez Bryant, whether he is on the field or not.