Katrinia Where's the assistance?

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Any time there is a natural disasater across the face of the earth the US is always there assisting others. When the tidal wave hit inda, countries cried why isn't america donating more. Earthquake hits japan we send specialized teams to help search for their missing, Russian sub sink we send teams to help find and recover it.

So where is the help from other countries? I have yet (maybe I missed it) to hear even an offer of help. I say we need to close our borders and say screw them. They beg for our help in times of need and curse us all the other it's time they see what it would be like just close them for a month and see how the world would cope.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
Any time there is a natural disasater across the face of the earth the US is always there assisting others. When the tidal wave hit inda, countries cried why isn't america donating more. Earthquake hits japan we send specialized teams to help search for their missing, Russian sub sink we send teams to help find and recover it.

So where is the help from other countries? I have yet (maybe I missed it) to hear even an offer of help. I say we need to close our borders and say screw them. They beg for our help in times of need and curse us all the other it's time they see what it would be like just close them for a month and see how the world would cope.

Just started a discussion about that here...

http://politicalzone.org/comments.x?sid=1&tid=241

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:

You've gotta wonder if all this looting would be goin' on if the Louisiana National Guard wasn't over in Iraq...

I've also read that politicians in Louisiana have taken to grumbling about how their flood control program has been gutted the last coupla years to help pay for the war in Iraq... I read that what they got this year was 20 per cent of what they'd requested...

No, these observations aren't exactly responsive to your question, but I just got finished reading about this, and thought I'd bring it up...

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Considering for the most part, we generally provide aid to 3rd world countries who have nothing to begin with, I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any financial assistance from them.

I'd be more interested in seeing some technical and rescue assistance moreso than any financial assistance.

Besides, we've got the money!!!!

Closing our borders is silly.