Twitter: Kazee fined $6,264 for his shove Sunday (Toney fined $12,875)

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Meanwhile the Giants are still 1-4 with games against the Rams, Bucs, Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Bears, and Cowboys again remaining.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Bias? Nah. Is everyone forgetting how this all started? Kazee slammed down Toney well after forward progress had stopped and the whistle had blown. That's why Toney was upset.

Pffft Kazee was in the act of throwing him down as the whistle was blown. And it wasn't flagrant. He was trying to get him down.

Giants are just a dirty team. They aren't well coached.

lockster

Reaction score
Nothing should happen to either. Lazer started it, Toney should have decked Lazer rightfully so. It's part of ana game game. No harm no foul issue.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Bias? Nah. Is everyone forgetting how this all started? Kazee slammed down Toney well after forward progress had stopped and the whistle had blown. That's why Toney was upset.

If they fined him for throwing the player down, I could understand that. If they fined him for the shove, why didn't they fine the player who shoved him first?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Pffft Kazee was in the act of throwing him down as the whistle was blown. And it wasn't flagrant. He was trying to get him down.

Giants are just a dirty team. They aren't well coached.

No. The whistle had blown. He clearly could have let him go and chose to fling him to the ground.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If they fined him for throwing the player down, I could understand that. If they fined him for the shove, why didn't they fine the player who shoved him first?

Shove is what the reporter is saying. Would like to see what the NFL is saying officially because this NY Daily News article says it was for the toss to the ground:

"Cowboys safety Damontae Kazee, the player Toney swung at, also got a $6,264 fine for unsportsmanlike conduct for tossing and tackling Toney to the turf."
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0211016-3iidxvgzybfl7a2qhquwctv4eu-story.html

And an NFL Network article calls it unnecessary roughness, which is what the flag should have been during the game:

"New York Giants wide receiver Kadarius Toney $12,875 for unsportsmanlike conduct, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. Toney was ejected in last week's loss to the Cowboys after throwing a punch.
Dallas Cowboys defensive back Damontae Kazee was fined $6,264 for unnecessary roughness, per Pelissero."
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-roundup-latest-league-news-from-saturday-oct-16

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What odd amounts for fines.
I would like to know what happens to the $ collected in fines?? who gets it ? what is done with it?

Also a fine of 12,000 to a guy who makes a million or more a year is insignificant. not much of a deterrent.

Flamma

Reaction score
I would like to know what happens to the $ collected in fines?? who gets it ? what is done with it?

Also a fine of 12,000 to a guy who makes a million or more a year is insignificant. not much of a deterrent.

What's done with the money? Probably split up and given back to the owners. Wouldn't that be funny?

Bates

Reaction score

I like your commitment to these ref/penalty threads.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Kazee clearly threw him down after the whistle. It was also a long loud whistle. Toney was just sending Kazee a message with that love tap to the helmet. Kazee should be fined for hurting Toney's fist.

Creeper

Reaction score

I disagree. Toney was still driving with his legs after the whistle too. What Kearse did was not that serious and Toney went down mostly because he was pushing and the Cowboys players let him go. But I find it interesting that Engram was not fined since he was the first player to shove anyone. Kazee just shoved him back and got fined for it!

But what is worse is Toney's fine for a punch was so puny compared to Kazee's.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I disagree. Toney was still driving with his legs after the whistle too. What Kearse did was not that serious and Toney went down mostly because he was pushing and the Cowboys players let him go. But I find it interesting that Engram was not fined since he was the first player to shove anyone. Kazee just shoved him back and got fined for it!

But what is worse is Toney's fine for a punch was so puny compared to Kazee's.

Come on, bro. Kazee didn't just "let him go," he flung him to the ground. Toney had his back to Kazee. If he's still driving his legs when the whistle blows, you simply step aside and let him keep running if he wants. Knock yourself out. The play is over.

And I just commented above that "shove" is what the reporter said. Not trying to drum up "conspiracy" talk at all, I imagine. I posted 2 other stories that say the fine was for different things. Again, what did the NFL say without reporter spin? This is why the media always wins. They use people's emotions against them knowing they won't fact check anything. I can post a plethora of options and people will still just stick to what they want (need) to believe. This is why I post video all over the place to see if that proof makes a difference and still, here are people saying what happened in the video didn't actually happen. It's such an interesting phenomenon that I like observing over and over again.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah yeah. He needed to be fined for the punch. The other for the slam was kind of bs. No flag on the play.