Keanu Neal to play S.S. if KJ Wright comes?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
True. He’s good. But not durable. Ala Sean Lee

Im not even sure how good he is. His play has been bad after his rookie year. How much is injuries and how much is his ability? Hard to tell. Worth one more look on the rookie deal.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Im not even sure how good he is. His play has been bad after his rookie year. How much is injuries and how much is his ability? Hard to tell. Worth one more look on the rookie deal.
Yea. Your right about that. I concur

coult44

Reaction score
As long as Wilson is on the field I dont care what Neal does.

Slow up a little bit. If he continues to play well, ok. He was the best in what could be the worst defensive backfield in Cowboys history. That doesn’t say much. Competition never hurt anyone.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
LVE is probably gone after this season.

So we are replacing him with a 10 year vet? And taking his snaps so he's got no value as a free agent?

Again, Ronnie. I'm calling on you to think first and post later. Or never, that would improve the board immensely

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
This is the last move that needs to happen and let where people play and what happens to Smith work itself out. Smith needs to be phased out soon anyway. Use the draft to find replacements for all these 1 year deals and underperforming players that need to go sooner than later.

I would like for the last move to be for a veteran corner. Then again we never get our way.

morasp

Reaction score
Wright makes a lot of sense. Last season he had 60 solo tackles 11 for loss, 10 passes defended 3 quarterback hits, 2 fumble recoveries and 2 sacks. turnovers and negative plays are a big plus.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Same old story -- the Cowboys' FO and Todd France, playing games . . . :facepalm:

It's sickening . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Slow up a little bit. If he continues to play well, ok. He was the best in what could be the worst defensive backfield in Cowboys history. That doesn’t say much. Competition never hurt anyone.
Atlantas secondary was much better? I already said if its a real competition Neal would get beat bad (which is why hes trying to play linebacker now). Ok?

J-man

Reaction score
If you can get a quality proven vet, at any position, to sign for a very team friendly deal than you do it and let it play itself out.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hopefully these new pieces will help this team reach over 8 wins.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Neal with play strong safety if KJ Wright is brought in. This is the best move for the defense that keeps complimentary players at their natural positions including Jaylon.

I believe Stephen Jones is holding up the deal because he doesn’t want to admit he is wrong on Sean Lee, dude is always injured and won’t help contribute to this team.

If this were true, and Stephen is controlling it, why would he talk to Wright at all?

Besides, the Cowboys have already moved past Lee as an every down player anyway. The only reason he has played much the last 2 seasons is because of injuries to others.

Robster8989

Reaction score
I think getting KJ is essential for this defense to take a giant leap forward.
Without him, we'd have the man of glass at Mike, Jaylon at Sam (a guy who can't cover on the TE, great idea) and Neal at Wil (which I like).
KJ is a Sam. He would line up strong side and cover the TE and also provide an anchor in run support.
That would put Jaylon at Mike (a better spot for him despite his instinct limitations), with LVE rotating so Jaylon doesn't see 1100 smaps like he did last year, and LVE/Neal rotating at Wil (with Neal seeing some snaps at SS).
Like having 5 players manning 4 positions, allowing for reduced snaps for LVE (injury) and Jaylon (just too many snaps last year for a player with limitations).
Allowing us to concentrate on Dline and secondary for the draft and the remainder of FA.

conner01

Reaction score
Neal signed a 1-year deal and Dallas has seen Wilson emerge as a SS starter so Neal plays LB and Wright doesn't sign with Dallas.
I would rather spend that money on a DT and draft a LB who can help on ST and can be developed for the future

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Stephen Jones is holding up the deal because he doesn’t want to admit he is wrong
tenor.gif