Keep 4 and put Malena on the 53?

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
If the Cowboys don't pick up anyone else, what do you think?

Note: I'm not necessarily advocating this so put away the pitchforks. Just curious to see what you think.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I am assuming we keep only 2 qb's and 4 te's. If we go with 3 te's, then maybe we keep 4 rb's if one of the cuts from elsewhere is intriguing to Garrett and his staff.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Malena isn't making this team, maybe practice squad and even then I think Gus Johnson is ahead of him...I suspect Dallas goes with either 2 QB's, 3 Rb's, and 4 TE's or 2 QB's, 4 rb's(Clutts) and 3 TE's

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Malena isn't making this team, maybe practice squad and even then I think Gus Johnson is ahead of him...I suspect Dallas goes with either 2 QB's, 3 Rb's, and 4 TE's or 2 QB's, 4 rb's(Clutts) and 3 TE's

Well Clutts and our 3 rbs are a given. I myself don't see us adding another rb unless Randle or McFadden have to miss a few games. Or they struggle and that forces the Cowboys to trade a draft pick to get one.

d_dub88

Reaction score
I don't see us bringing in another RB unless there is an injury or we don't get production from the three already on the roster. I wouldn't mind seeing a new DB who could play ST coming in.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Malena was already cut.
If they were keeping 4 it'd be after adding an outside player.
Stil, I'm sure they'd like Malena or Gus Johnson (or someone) on the PS for injury insurance.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Malena is basically the same type as Dunbar. The PS would likely be his best fit. If this team wants to add another RB to its roster, I think adding a power runner would probably be the best bet.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
They cut showers I think they will end up cutting Vaughan at the end when they go an extra back or an extra player in any other position.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys don't pick up anyone else, what do you think?

Note: I'm not necessarily advocating this so put away the pitchforks. Just curious to see what you think.

He would be easy to keep on the practice squad. He was out there for any team to sign until a couple of weeks ago and they didn't.

Once issue with Melena is that he can't catch the ball. I think he dropped something like 3 of 3 in one of the games.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
He would be easy to keep on the practice squad. He was out there for any team to sign until a couple of weeks ago and they didn't.

Once issue with Melena is that he can't catch the ball. I think he dropped something like 3 of 3 in one of the games.

Ouch. Didn't notice that