Keep an eye out on Washington and the Watson situation

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Pats, Dolphins & Niners are on list before Washington. Who knows, maybe Washington will pick up cry baby Wentzie. :muttley:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
No team is giving up two firsts for Dak. Will Mac Jones be there at 19? Teams would rather go that route than gamble and pay $35-40 large for a mediocre to good QB who can’t even run right now and a cap maybe at $175 small.
I disagree. If Dak was is a free agent he would get the highest contract ever given out in free agency history.

Motorola

Reaction score
Went over to Hogs Haven (Sbnation)---this past Saturday they posted a review on QB Taylor Heinicke's play. Close to 250 responses; most were pro or con about him being the starter season (50\50 for both sides). Only one commenter brought up Watson (Matt Stafford's name appeared more, among others).

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I disagree. If Dak was is a free agent he would get the highest contract ever given out in free agency history.

Only Jerry Jones would give Dak the highest FA contract ever. Jerry is bidding against himself. Look at the Zeke fiasco contract and multiply it by 3. That is what a Dak at $35-40M would be. It will screw the team for years.

exciter

Reaction score
The Commanders are a qb away from being a very good team. It wouldn’t shock me if they use all resources to get him
So spend years looking for a franchise QB, then trade him because he’s slightly miffed at your choice of GM! OK!

CWR

Reaction score
This board acts like franchise qbs grow on trees. Aint nobody afraid of Watsons contract.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If I'm Jacksonville I make a move for him. They have draft picks (5 top 65 picks) and the most salary cap space in the league.

Urban Meyer called Trevor Lawrence the best college QB, ever. He's there for the taking and will be on a rookie contract.

They can use those picks and cap space to put a team around him.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Jets are the only team with the draft capital and salary cap space to pull it off. I can see Watson going Broadway.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It would take at least two years of draft capital for Washington pry Watson away from Houston. Not happening! The Texans aren’t about to move on from him he’s one of the few bright spots they have. They’ve already screwed up once trading away DeAndre Hopkins.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Washington would have been better off staying with Cousins. He had almost 4300 yards and 35 TD passes this season. They ended up wasting another first round pick on a QB. They’ve thrown away at least five first round picks on QBs the past 2+ decades and none of them panned out. Washington should be a lesson to the dopes on this board who think drafting a QB high guarantees success.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think Washington is a QB away. Commanders need to improve their OL and upgrade their WRs bad. I don't see why Watson would go to Washington when he could maybe go to Miami or the 49ers etc. I don't think it's about the money for him. He's already getting paid. He wants to win.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Commanders are a qb away from being a very good team. It wouldn’t shock me if they use all resources to get him
that's a great observation. it will take a defensive player from their DL and few picks (perhaps a couple of first rounders). but that could make them very dangerous.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I most definitely hope Watson goes to the Dolphins like he is pushing for.

I do NOT want that dude in our division.
Same way I would not want to face Dak twice a year even if we got a kings ransom for him.

I believe WAS would have been at worst the 2nd best NFC team this year with DeShaun Watson.
They are that good along the lines.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Washington would have been better off staying with Cousins. He had almost 4300 yards and 35 TD passes this season. They ended up wasting another first round pick on a QB. They’ve thrown away at least five first round picks on QBs the past 2+ decades and none of them panned out. Washington should be a lesson to the dopes on this board who think drafting a QB high guarantees success.
AMEN.
WAS had a limited but quality QB in Cousins and couldn't figure out how to handle it.
They could have signed him long-term than later traded him but no, they went the goofy route Dallas is now undertaking with tags.

The 3 years Cousins QB'd the team they finished 10th, 12th and 16th in points scored.
That with leading WRs of Pierre Garcon, Jordan Reed and Jamison Crowder.

Flamma

Reaction score
Don’t think they’ll want the contract. They have about 8 young stars that all will need paid soon

I still see Miami or the Jets. Both the Jets and Dolphins have a top-five selection this year plus a second pick in the first round.

Washington actually has a good amount of cap room. They could do it. I don't see Miami moving on from Tua after 1 year. They're probably taking a much needed WR, and you know who.

The Jets are interesting. They have a ridiculous amount of cap space picking at #2. Logic would dictate they draft a quarterback. But they could easily fit Watson. My guess is still a QB in the draft. But it wouldn't surprise me if I'm wrong.

Flamma

Reaction score
Kill a couple of birds with one stone.

Trade Elliott, Cooper and two number one's for Watson.

Exclusive tag Prescott. With the QB market as open as it will be Prescott can get the deal he wants and Dallas will get back two number ones.

Or just sign Prescott and trade him with Elliott and Cooper for Watson.

Don't know the cap ramifications, just a thought.

Good for Dallas, bad for Houston. Houston is going in to 2021 20+ mil over the cap. Adding another 10-20 mil on top of that is probably not going to happen.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'll give you 5 teams right away, Indianapolis, New England, New Orleans, Chicago, and Washington.

Then you have many other teams that would move on from their QB for Prescott, Denver, Carolina, Detroit.

The demand will be there. It will be a sellers market.

Just looking at needs, sure, but remember they need the cap space to do it. For example the Saints. They couldn't take Dak if we traded him for their punter. They're an estimated 99 million over the cap for 2021. I don't know how they get under the cap. Even if Brees retires there's a 22 million dead cap. That's a 14 mil. savings. No way they sign Dak.