Keep Luepke in the mix

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Sounds like you're blind. What is his success rate percentage in short yardage?
Nothing you can’t find in free agency or next year’s draft if you’re looking good enough. So yeah, if for some reason he were to fumble on the goal line 2 weeks in a row, why take anymore chances. Coach Mac isn’t known as a pusher though like Jimmy Johnson, and his Curvin Richard story. Bottom line though is I don’t think Hunter will and I’m sure he’ll do good tonight. Knock on wood. We’re in desperate need of some type of power running game, so like everyone else I’m on board hoping this kid will play more tonight and do well.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It’s cut time.....lol
And send a message to potential UDFA for next 7 years
That Dallas isn’t a place to go no matter the money
Just read all my replies before you get your panties in a twist, that’s all I’m gonna say. Get tired of defending my point because of selective reading. I’m on board with him just like everyone else, and hoping for the best, was just talking about how to react as a coach tonight with last week’s disappointment and the coaching strategy if he were to flop twice. I remember all the hype about Deuce at the beginning of the year and people attacking those who said he was just a jag at best, I would probably use the same argument with Hunter. Just shows that as a fan base, we are desperate and starved for a great running game.

Creeper

Reaction score
I'd like to get him active in the passing game too. I don't think he will get any 20+ yard carries, but I can see him getting 7 or 8 on some runs here and there. He will not get better by doing nothing.

If the Cowboys lose tonight and the Eagles win this week, I would give Luepke 15 carries against Washington. But I think they will give those carries to Deuce.

Mark

Reaction score
.. if you don't give him a shot at goal line stand again, he might develop some type of mental aberration about it.
You how the mind can play tricks on you
Agreed. You have to put him right back on the horse.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
..I noticed offense functioned better when he was out there.
He fumbled, of course huge learning mistake.
But can't give up on the guy.
He will be a now, should have been weeks ago.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Give the kid another shot. Can't give up on him for spittin the bit his first real chance to be a part of the offense.

rambo2

Reaction score
Nothing you can’t find in free agency or next year’s draft if you’re looking good enough. So yeah, if for some reason he were to fumble on the goal line 2 weeks in a row, why take anymore chances. Coach Mac isn’t known as a pusher though like Jimmy Johnson, and his Curvin Richard story. Bottom line though is I don’t think Hunter will and I’m sure he’ll do good tonight. Knock on wood. We’re in desperate need of some type of power running game, so like everyone else I’m on board hoping this kid will play more tonight and do well.
He will do well and his salary is a bargain.

CoachD

Reaction score
UDFA with no standout plays yet. Fumbles twice on goal line, two weeks in a row. Tell me how I'm blind to say that? At least with Malik, you know he'll hold on to the ball. And Deuce gets to show his stuff tonight too. Curvin Richards?
The old Curvin Richards curse still lingers I see............many of you won't know what the bell we mean.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I support the message.
Absolutely get the big RB going, stop masquerading this guy as a FB.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he...fumbled.

He never had the ball. Dak bounced it off his chest. That is a hard plastic plate. Look at the replay Dak stuck it in the chest even with his armpits.

Stick it in the bread basket.

Pollard runs upright....Leupke runs low.

Blame the guy that is supposed to know.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I want to see him on the field more as a blocking TE and outlet pass receiver. He doesn’t need more than 1-2 rushes per game.