Keep your eye on this kid guys. Jamaal Charles, Port Arthur Memorial Tx.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Last year I predicted great things for Adrian Peterson after watching him play and now I'm predicting great things for Jamaal Charles. I've seen this kid play twice this year and he went for 390 yds and 370 yds. This kid is as impressive as Peterson and doing it in 5A not 4A. I'm not saying he'll be as good as Peterson but the sky is the limit for this kid. I was told Saturday at the game he has verbaly commited to Texas. He was listed at 6'1" 195, although he didn't look quite that big.
I forgot to mention that he also looked faster than Peterson. Charles is listed at a 4.4 forty.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Last year I predicted great things for Adrian Peterson after watching him play and now I'm predicting great things for Jamaal Charles. I've seen this kid play twice this year and he went for 390 yds and 370 yds. This kid is as impressive as Peterson and doing it in 5A not 4A. I'm not saying he'll be as good as Peterson but the sky is the limit for this kid. I was told Saturday at the game he has verbaly commited to Texas. He was listed at 6'1" 195, although he didn't look quite that big.
Thanks. I always appreciate info like this. I believe I knew of Peterson because of you last year.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Thanks. I always appreciate info like this. I believe I knew of Peterson because of you last year.
Even an idiot like me can't miss talent like that. :D

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I was told Saturday at the game he has verbaly commited to Texas.

According to Rivals.com, he's a "strong verbal" to UT.

Sweet deal, he and OB Ryan Perrilloux, the top rated prospect in his postion coming in in the same class.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
According to Rivals.com, he's a "strong verbal" to UT.

Sweet deal, he and OB Ryan Perrilloux, the top rated prospect in his postion coming in in the same class.

That would be a nice pick-up for UT...

Mack Brown wanted Lufkin's Javorski Lane but he has verbally committed to Texas A & M...

Being from East Texas and a High School football junkie... I got to see Peterson play last year...

I sure hated him getting out of the state...

Roughneck

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Mack Brown wanted Lufkin's Javorski Lane but he has verbally committed to Texas A & M...
Texas wanted him at FB while A&M wanted him at RB. Lane picked A&M.

The same situation happened with Keith Joseph in '99-'00. Texas wanted him at FB and A&M wanted him at RB. Joseph picked A&M. Funny thing is, he moved to FB his Sophomore year and has continued to play at the position all the way up until now (his Senior year). Go figure.

As for Jamaal, there's a good chance that he won't even redshirt next year. The only Running Backs that should be ahead of him on the depth chart are Selvin Young and Ramonce Taylor (who the coaches are considering moving to WR). If he comes in at the weight Mack wants him at and with a great work ethic (no reason to think he won't), he should see action in the very first game when Texas play ULA-LA.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Texas wanted him at FB while A&M wanted him at RB. Lane picked A&M.

The same situation happened with Keith Joseph in '99-'00. Texas wanted him at FB and A&M wanted him at RB. Joseph picked A&M. Funny thing is, he moved to FB his Sophomore year and has continued to play at the position all the way up until now (his Senior year). Go figure.

As for Jamaal, there's a good chance that he won't even redshirt next year. The only Running Backs that should be ahead of him on the depth chart are Selvin Young and Ramonce Taylor (who the coaches are considering moving to WR). If he comes in at the weight Mack wants him at and with a great work ethic (no reason to think he won't), he should see action in the very first game when Texas play ULA-LA.

Yes... you are right on Lane... but he should carry the ball... he is very talented...

Some see his size as that of a FB... but he runs like a RB... plus Reggie McNeil has a lot to do with some of those talented Lufkin players committing to A&M...

I hope they do move Young and Taylor to WR... (maybe the other Young too... ;) )

I remember one of the most talented RB's I ever saw out of Harleton a few years back... Keyuo Craver... he had it ALL... he commits to Nebraska and they instantly move him to DB... what a sham...