Kellen Moore, Boy Genius 2, Wonderlic Score 26

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by buybuydandavis, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cern

cern Well-Known Member

5,448 Messages
    6,791 Likes Received
    Call me when they get replay right.

TheSkaven likes this.
  2. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

9,102 Messages
    6,771 Likes Received
    My guess is the truth is somewhere in the middle. I doubt the entire offensive scheme will be scrapped and replaced with something entirely different, but I imagine there will be a definite and noticeable infusion of some different things within the system. Likely more pre snap movement at a minimum. but probably some other wrinkles, and likely some different thoughts on play calling.

3. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing Zone Supporter

5,479 Messages
    2,535 Likes Received
    Not an outlier. Your own list discredits you, unless you somehow think that Mahomes is not an intelligent quarterback and Stafford somehow is. I see a randomly organized list of quarterbacks.

I gave you the most obvious example.

cern likes this.
  4. cern

cern Well-Known Member

5,448 Messages
    6,791 Likes Received
    Could it be the best QBs played for good coaches whose job it is to teach. Bradshaw played for noll. Marino played for shula. Mcnabb played for andy reid. The wonderlic cannot gage one's ability to learn. That is the purview of often maligned teachers. The saying "those who can't do teach" is the stupidest line I've ever read.

5. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

12,950 Messages
    10,453 Likes Received
    Mahomes has the league average when it comes to wonderlic, he's not a stupid player.

But either way, Mahomes had one great season. Stafford had a similar season in 2011 when he threw 41 TD passes and 16 INTs. So, no, my list doesn't "discredit me" - Mahomes and Stafford both fall at the NFL average or above it.

Captain-Crash likes this.
  6. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

13,861 Messages
    26,225 Likes Received
    Completely revamping the offense would take more time than the NFL allows nowadays. They wouldn't get it all down by the time the regular season begins.

OmerV likes this.
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

8,604 Messages
    14,698 Likes Received
    Actually Turki bin Faisal and MBS are both pretty smart guys.

8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

38,536 Messages
    34,957 Likes Received
    All IQ tests to be given in English...

Runwildboys likes this.
  9. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

9,102 Messages
    6,771 Likes Received
    It’s not necessary anyway. Fans act like changing requires something dramatic. It doesn’t. Within the same me basic system you can change play designs, add shifts and motion, add a few plays, utilize parts of the playbook that previous were seldom used, and of course call plays differently

Runwildboys likes this.
  10. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

13,861 Messages
    26,225 Likes Received
    Absolutely. The offensive playbook they have just needs some tweaks and misdirection to be much more successful, IMO. Throw in a handful of completely new plays, specifically designed to take advantage of Dak's running ability, Austin's speed(assuming he stays), and Cooper's route running, and it's a whole new offense.

jobberone and OmerV like this.
  11. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

12,677 Messages
    15,642 Likes Received
    This is embarrassing.

12. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Staff Member

54,097 Messages
    19,515 Likes Received
    People about together benched. Thread has reached max benefit and is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.