Kellen Moore deserves some props

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Even good coaches will have one or two bad calls a game.

I yelled at him for same calls fyi.

It's funny how much better you call plays when you win. Not saying Moore didn't have a good game plan but execution and victory get it recognized as that rather than a bad one when the execution fails and the team loses.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Moore did a great job. He finally stuck with the run. Not surprisingly, that opened up the passing game. And the offense did a great job with all those blitzes.

We really are a mash unit out there. Starting LT, LG, TE, WR 2, WR 3 all out. Our offense isn't exactly lighting things up, but that's still pretty impressive
I'm pretty sure we have our starting LT, LG, and TEs on the field now. Schultzie might get his job back when he returns, but I don't expect a big improvement, and a likely drop in performance of the blocking.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t want him here because I’m not at all sold on his ability to adjust and not become predictable, but yeah he called a really great game last night.

It really was almost perfect.

I just wish he would do this when Dak is playing, but I’m not all that sure it’s entirely on him.
I suspect it's possible that somebody, whether that be KM or someone higher up the chain of command, has too much faith in Dak's abilities, and that's part of the reason the running game is abbreviated when he's under center.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I suspect it's possible that somebody, whether that be KM or someone higher up the chain of command, has too much faith in Dak's abilities, and that's part of the reason the running game is abbreviated when he's under center.
I’m with that one.

LysleE

Reaction score
I thought Moore called one of his better games; I think he has a very good offensive mind. I know we all have questioned his play selections with good reason.

With that being said; I wonder how many times Dak has checked out of the called play, so if he has trouble reading coverages and fronts, it would stand to reason those calls have horrible outcomes. And I could totally see “Coach Jerry” getting involved and giving his valued input in the offense…he has been known to do that back in the day. If memory serves, didn’t one coach provide him with the offensive play call sheet?

So maybe Moore isn’t as good/gifted as others, including myself have thought. Maybe he is having to deal with issues unknown to us?

Reactions: BAT

RonWashington

Reaction score
Props to Cooper, but after reading all these threads, I'm confused.....

Is he a gunslinger or a busdriver?

He’s a bus driver packing heat . Two missed bombs one Lamb one Tolbert or the Pokes were in the 30’s against this Giants club . What’s impressed me most about Rush is avoiding the sack meaning he’s getting rid of the ball and love the vertical play . I don’t think the Cowboys broke the 15 yard barrier opening night .

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I was just looking to see if anyone had started a thread yet. He had a very good game plan, and stuck with the run, while letting Rush air it out to keep the defense honest. It would've looked even better, if not for the dropped passes.
It's hard, but ok, props to Moore......