Twitter: Kellen Moore Media Session - 11/15/21

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think that this is a really significant factor, and a huge change from years past. I now see a team not afraid to run it in either third down or longer yardage situations. That rarely if ever happened in the past and is now a real advantage for us.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Other teams are starting to make note of the ingenious ways Kellen Moore's designed plays can beat them. Dak and the boys execute these plays so well. I appreciate the obvious work they put into bringing what Kellen has drawn up into reality. ;)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"Growth opportunities in the penalty world"

:laugh:

He'd make a great politician
if williams doesn't get the message, then he is dumber than I thought. he is on a very short leash...if Tyron is back, then wouldn't surprise me to stick Collins in there as they had him practice the position.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

This is an important tweet to note who think the things we're doing on offense are all Kellen. Brainstorming denotes that there's more than one person involved. In fact, it would probably be wrong to say that it's all Kellen and McCarthy. A good head coach values input from other good coaches, so some concepts/ideas could come from Philbin or Nussmeier, etc. Even Ben McAdoo as an adviser could be throwing in ideas.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lining up McGovernator out wide to bust CeeDee for the long catch and run was pure genius.

Cant wait to see how the Defense responds...obvious scenario, they pull a LB out to the flat and now your run game is cooking.

lkelly

Reaction score

I think that this is a really significant factor, and a huge change from years past. I now see a team not afraid to run it in either third down or longer yardage situations. That rarely if ever happened in the past and is now a real advantage for us.

Oh, I don't know about that. Pretty sure Garrett had numerous run plays called on 3rd and 8. He also had the punt team with their helmets on and half sprinting on the field (usually on the opponent's 40 yard line) shortly thereafter on 4th and 1.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, I don't know about that. Pretty sure Garrett had numerous run plays called on 3rd and 8. He also had the punt team with their helmets on and half sprinting on the field (usually on the opponent's 40 yard line) shortly thereafter on 4th and 1.

You should go look it up. In the Garrett era, third down was virtually guaranteed to be a passing play.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Lol! Sure

Show me another time McGovern set up wide this season.

He's only played OG, FB, TE so far this season until he lined up at WR.

Don't act like NFL teams play their back up OL like this every Sunday.