Kellen Moore needs to go

bewp7

Reaction score
go?

he is the next head coach of the cowboys!

for some reason jerry have this obsession with finding and developing the next great head coach of the cowboys like he did with garrett and it is obv kellen.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, same here but we are stuck with this for now because Booger doesn't like to pay coaches not to coach. Plus he's delusional enough to think he can fix this. Isn't that what he's been selling al along?

Yes he sells it alright. But I think many are not buying it anymore. Or are starting too.

75boyz

Reaction score
go?

he is the next head coach of the cowboys!

for some reason jerry have this obsession with finding and developing the next great head coach of the cowboys like he did with garrett and it is obv kellen.

I will stick with this thought as well until proven otherwise.
If the defense wasn't so absolutely horrendous McCarthy could use Kellen as this year's scapegoat. But not really cuz he's Jerry's next chosen one and he wouldn't allow it.
And since Nolan and McCarthy are buds this whole year will be chalked up to covid and injuries.

Can't fire Jerry's next chosen one and you can't fire Mike's best bud.

Blame it on Covid and injuries.

Next year's gonna be hilarious when everybody is healthy, Dak gets his overpaid contract and they rip off an impressive 6-10 season.

With this same staff.
Making the same mistakes.

Comedy Central Cowboys style just keeps on chugging along, lol

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I am so angry. This kid has the arrogance to run a WR screen, not once, but TWICE on back to back plays?

I think the whole mantra of Jerry trying to prove how smart he is has rubbed off on the young OC. He needs to go. We haven't run a successful WR screen in years. Yet. Every single game. There are 2 or 3 times we attempt it for no gain. This is just stupidity. Nothing to do with personnel. Arrogance and stupidity.

There has been more than just this instance where he looks overmatched and confused. If we are keeping him in fear of another team getting him. Please. Stop being scared. Let him go run an offense in college and actually EARN his stripes before giving him the reigns of the offense of the biggest team in sports.

/rant over
I agree.

For Christ sake..

He was leaving to go back to the college level after the housecleaning..

then McCarthy reaches in..

dusts him off and slaps OC on him again and look at us..

3-8.

Unbelievable.

He has done worst than Don Shula's son who was our worst OC under Jimster.

Minster brought in Norv Turner and proof..

3 SB trophies.

BTW..Turner and his son call the Washington offense.

They crushed us in 2020.

Why are we losing?

Because we can not judge HC talent.

Hmmm..

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore is a symptom of the real problem.
I’m sure the original plan when Big Mac was hired was to create another Wade Phillips- Jason Garrett situation. I bet the plan was when Mac faltered, he would be fired and Jerry’s next young prodigy, Kellen Moore would be named HC. Jerry loves the idea of growing his own puppet HC.

The complete disgusting irony is with no cap on coaches salaries, Jerry could buy the best NFL coaches in the league, but he cares less about that than being able to play football bigshot.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
That reverse play in the endzone, I think Lamb was supposed to throw the ball. If you watch it again he goes for it and then for some reason pulls the ball down and abandons the play. It looked like it would have worked too.

Some of you guys need to figure out what you want. A lot of people were banging on the table the last few years about our boring and predictable offense. Now that we have a coaching staff that is willing to mix it up and take some chance, well, here some of you are. lol

"Boring and predictable" plays are what you practice in the off season and TC-which by the way no one had this year. "Mixing it up" is what you do when preparing for your next opponent which by the way we did not get a chance to do when practice was called off due to a death in the family. Point is our coaches are out smarting themselves when they call a "once in a lifetime" fake punt or whatever and you haven't practiced it on the field. You can't expect a zoom call the day before to get everyone on the same page.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I’m sure the original plan when Big Mac was hired was to create another Wade Phillips- Jason Garrett situation. I bet the plan was when Mac faltered, he would be fired and Jerry’s next young prodigy, Kellen Moore would be named HC. Jerry loves the idea of growing his own puppet HC.

The complete disgusting irony is with no cap on coaches salaries, Jerry could buy the best NFL coaches in the league, but he cares less about that than being able to play football bigshot.
Couldn't agree more, Hazey. Sharp analysis right there.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I am so angry. This kid has the arrogance to run a WR screen, not once, but TWICE on back to back plays?

I think the whole mantra of Jerry trying to prove how smart he is has rubbed off on the young OC. He needs to go. We haven't run a successful WR screen in years. Yet. Every single game. There are 2 or 3 times we attempt it for no gain. This is just stupidity. Nothing to do with personnel. Arrogance and stupidity.

There has been more than just this instance where he looks overmatched and confused. If we are keeping him in fear of another team getting him. Please. Stop being scared. Let him go run an offense in college and actually EARN his stripes before giving him the reigns of the offense of the biggest team in sports.

/rant over

Moore isn't remotely the problem. When you have scrubs protecting your QB(s), the playbook has to shrink. He can't call a normal game with the rabble we have on offense right now. No one can.

morat1959

Reaction score
Never should have been hired. Another genius move by our incompetent GM.

morat1959

Reaction score
Moore isn't remotely the problem. When you have scrubs protecting your QB(s), the playbook has to shrink. He can't call a normal game with the rabble we have on offense right now. No one can.
Moore is a scrub. Another JJ horrible hire.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he never should've had hold overs.
bring in his own.
i'd like to see him call plays.
probably won't happen...he seems to like kellen moore.