Kellen Moore sounds a lot like Jason Garrett

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Listening to Kellen Moore"s presser IMO he sounds a lot like Jason Garrett! I mean this in a good way, not bashing him. Jason Garrett has rubbed off on him. I also believe he will be a good HC.
… your cowboys head coach come december

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
With Ben McAdoo in the fold, Kellen Moore will be obliged to put his best foot forward.
He could be subject to McAdoo replacing him, if he calls plays like JG once did. :omg:

renny

Reaction score
That is a total insult to Moore no how you think you mean it. Garrett was an even worse OC than he was a HC.
Because he sounded like Garrett doesn't mean he coaches like Garrett. There's nothing hard to understand about that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because he sounded like Garrett doesn't mean he coaches like Garrett. There's nothing hard to understand about that.

You should never mention Garrett around here unless its to laugh at how bad he was. And you specifically said "that is not an insult" as if it might me a compliment.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Listening to Kellen Moore"s presser IMO he sounds a lot like Jason Garrett! I mean this in a good way, not bashing him. Jason Garrett has rubbed off on him. I also believe he will be a good HC.

Said the same thing, he says what you already know!!!! Uhh we have a football game, we want to obviously be competitive run the ball, we want to give the ball to ZEKE, we want Zeke to gain yards, we are really happy about him

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Jimmy did not single handedly build those great teams. No matter how hard he tries to sell that narrative.

That's true. But I would submit that it still wasn't that much due to Jerry, guys like Wannstedt, Campo and Ford all joined the Cowboys with Jimmy in 1989 or shortly thereafter and had much to do with the development of the team, and Jimmy brought them on board. Turner showed up in 1991 and had much to do with getting to SB winning levels...

cowboyed

Reaction score
Yes, Moore does sound a lot like Garrett and my source on the Cowboys tell me he is preparing to dye his hair light red before the onset of the regular season - and use a stencil and a tanning roller to give himself false freckles.

What a narcissist! He can go freck himself!

blueblood70

Reaction score
hes an ex backup QB that never did much s an NFL player, hes young basically thrust into the postion with little experience. Of course they sound alike its not rubbing off they are very similar people that have taken similar paths to their jobs that ended up as OC of the DC..

believe it or not many and i mean majority of coaches and especially OCs tend to sound a lot at pressers, its called Coach speak and its the way they are wired..those that pick on JG re doing so from their first hand experience with him here ie ovber exposure but hes not really much different than other coaches....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't care who he sounds like as long as his offense is producing results.

Garrett's personality and mannerisms were not the problem, his lack of results was.

I doubt the Patriots fans and local media will put up with Belichick's grumpy persona if they continue missing the playoffs post-Brady year after year.
Yep… in the end it’s always about results.

Even our greatest legend in Cowboys history was fired after 3 losing seasons. No one is safe if continues to lose or lack of success. Unless you own the team.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I wonder when he decides to sabotage McCarthy like Garrett did Phillips.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
hes an ex backup QB that never did much s an NFL player, hes young basically thrust into the postion with little experience. Of course they sound alike its not rubbing off they are very similar people that have taken similar paths to their jobs that ended up as OC of the DC..

believe it or not many and i mean majority of coaches and especially OCs tend to sound a lot at pressers, its called Coach speak and its the way they are wired..those that pick on JG re doing so from their first hand experience with him here ie ovber exposure but hes not really much different than other coaches....
Moore is probably over rated. He did take over an offense laden with talent. I doubt he does as well with lesser talented offenses.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wonder when he decides to sabotage McCarthy like Garrett did Phillips.
Wade wasn’t set up for success. Jethro sabotaged him making Garrett “ the future of the Dallas Cowboys” before naming Wade HC. The most dysfunctional move in team and probably league history.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This guy has proven nothing. He is charged with Dak and the offense but has lead the offense to statistics with no titles. He is a Linehan disciple and we fired him..

So how do you give him all these warm and fuzzy vibes. He deserves nothing. I am still waiting for something that happens in a game where Moore called a clearly brilliant play that decides a game for us. Then I will get excited. Not before.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Wade wasn’t set up for success. Jethro sabotaged him making Garrett “ the future of the Dallas Cowboys” before naming Wade HC. The most dysfunctional move in team and probably league history.
Picking some low hanging fruit there about Phillips. What you point out is indeed true...but why this peace of ledgend

kskboys

Reaction score

Well said.

The people jamming on JG for his pressers sounded as if they'd never heard a presser before.