Signed by Cowboys Kendricks to Cowboys

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A mere 32 years old with his best football ahead of him.
From the number of reactions you received apparently a lot of fans took that comment seriously. He’s still a good player but not to the level he was.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Many are just glad to see us sign someone and at a position of need.

For the situation we're in he is probably a good fit. Normally I wouldn't care about a 32 yr old on a 1 or 2 year deal. He's a stopgap, but since we have a lame duck coaching staff we likely aren't going to sign a 25 year old FA to a 3-4 yr contract.

Even Zimmer is on a one year deal. Kendricks played for him, knows his system and can lead his defense. I don't know what their plan is, if they have one, but they don't appear to be planning to make any moves beyond this year other than in the draft. Knowing this, this is probably the best we can expect.
I think Jones has long term plans for Zimmer if McCarthy can't get them motivated this year. Zimmer would probably get the nod next year.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I think Jones has long term plans for Zimmer if McCarthy can't get them motivated this year. Zimmer would probably get the nod next year.
Yeah, that's been a thought once he got hired. Jerry's not big on hiring HC's. Zimmer would be perfect for him, someone Jerry knows well and can be more of a DC than HC, similar to Campo, Wade and Garrett

offlimits

Reaction score

He actually backed out of a deal with the 49ers.

Shows how badly players want to play here. Now he's living his dream playing behind Mazi Smith.

Texas has no state income tax. I am sure that agents point this out to their clients.