Kevin Burnett

Hoov

Reaction score
Haven't been able to breakdown the games, did he start playing more this week or has he been getting more play for a while ?

Also, to someone who has been able to rewatch games and analyze, how would you rate his play ?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hoov;1758500 said:
Haven't been able to breakdown the games, did he start playing more this week or has he been getting more play for a while ?

Also, to someone who has been able to rewatch games and analyze, how would you rate his play ?

Moronic.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Well, we can start with him keeping his mouth shut and not getting those dumb penalties. But yes, he has been getting more playing time lately. At least it seems so.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Even with the penalty he wasn't very good. And I have been wanting him to play a lot.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Burnett was all over the field today. With the exception of the bonehead taunting and the play where he didn't get deep enough in zone coverage, he had a great game.

I think Burnett was one the field alot more today because 1) he's finally healthy and 2) we played alot of nickel with both TNew and Henry back.

Interestingly, I think Henry only got thrown at once...

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
KB plays on the nickel.

The Jints were playing catch-up most of the game, so we were in nickel a lot. That's why he saw so much playing time.

He played very well, as far as I could see.

Stupid 3-pt. penalty at the end of the half, though.

:bang2:

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1758508 said:
Even with the penalty he wasn't very good. And I have been wanting him to play a lot.

Actually, he did quite well today. 7 tackles and 1 assist today....the only one that had more tackles was RW.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Jimz31;1758515 said:
Actually, he did quite well today. 7 tackles and 1 assist today....the only one that had more tackles was RW.

He also had at least two passes thrown past him because he didn't play the zone deep enough.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
He came on in the 2nd half and had a pretty good game. We went to almost exclusive dime/nickel packages late in the game, so he saw quite a bit of playing time.

I do not want him playing base 3-4 ILB. He's soft on the run.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It looked to me like he was struggling in coverage (which I thought was supposed to be his strength). Looked like he didn't get deep enough a couple of times.

Overall I thought he played decent. I'd give him around a C...could be a B if he wasn't an idiot.

Hoov

Reaction score
theogt;1758529 said:
He came on in the 2nd half and had a pretty good game. We went to almost exclusive dime/nickel packages late in the game, so he saw quite a bit of playing time.

I do not want him playing base 3-4 ILB. He's soft on the run.
in the first half he hit jacobs but bounced off him like a pinball, jacobs scored on that play. I beleive that was a short yardage play, why was he in ?

I didnt think he played well at all in first half.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
This guy seemed to be very active. He couldn't stop Jacob on 1 big 3rd down play, but it wasn't like he gave up 3 extra yards, just couldn't fold up the 265 pounder.

He seems pretty quick to the ball and fairly strong in coverage. He got quite a bit of playing time in 2nd half. I wonder if Phillips was giving him opportunity to make up for his dumb move at end of 1st half.

Now that he has been relatively healthy for awhile, I think he's developing into a solid contributor. Instincts seem to be sound, and speed and agility are there.

Am I wrong? Decent role player right now.

Can he replace Akin Adoyle as a starter next year?

LarryCanadian

goshan

Reaction score
I also thought KB played well.
Akin is the weak link on the D in addition to our safeties ability to cover.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Brandon Jacobs must be extremely annoying on the field. It's not like we see KB do that. He doesn't seem to be a dumb player, but boy he sure was in his face at the end of that play.

superpunk

Reaction score
He did play well, but I think Ayodele gets underestimated. He made a great play on a pass to Shockey, and quietly gets the job done. He may be our weak link at LB, but that speaks to the quality of the other 3.

That said, he'll probably be the first to be replaced. IIRC, Shockey abused Burnett a bit, but there's no shame in that.

hendog

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1758907 said:
This guy seemed to be very active. He couldn't stop Jacob on 1 big 3rd down play, but it wasn't like he gave up 3 extra yards, just couldn't fold up the 265 pounder.

He seems pretty quick to the ball and fairly strong in coverage. He got quite a bit of playing time in 2nd half. I wonder if Phillips was giving him opportunity to make up for his dumb move at end of 1st half.

Now that he has been relatively healthy for awhile, I think he's developing into a solid contributor. Instincts seem to be sound, and speed and agility are there.

Am I wrong? Decent role player right now.

Can he replace Akin Adoyle as a starter next year?

LarryCanadian

He did play a good game but I was so mad at that 15 yarder at the end of the 1st half I was ready for wade to cut him and make him an example and send a message to this team that we are for real and we have goals and a purpose and crap like that will not be tolerated.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
No, he can't replace Akin as the starter. He's too soft against the run.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Burnett did play well, had 11 tackles. But that boneheaded taunting was inexcuseable. That taunting enabled giants to add a FG and that could have been the difference, thank god it didn't matter.

He simply cannot lose his head like that, which could cost the game.

You know what they say, one awww **** overshadows ten atta boys.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KB was guilty of taunting and it was called, but they need to call it both ways. The g-turds were taunting all game, including after that call, but the refs turned a blind eye to it. It was a boneheaded play by KB, but IMO, the refs should've ate that flag.