Kevin Burnett

silverblue

Reaction score
theogt;1758529 said:
I do not want him playing base 3-4 ILB. He's soft on the run.

It is amazing that as big as he is, KB looks tiny out there compared to the rest of our LBs DEs. We have a BIG defense. Nice to see us using KB for some speed in this game

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Well, this is perhaps an example of the difference between Parcells and Phillips. Parcells might have benched KB (as I might have) for the 2nd half. Phillips seemed to play him more, giving him a chance to make up for his gaff. Not sure if that's true, just seemed that way. I was pretty choked at KB for making the team take a step back in maturity, but they overcame it and tightened the discipline in 2nd half.

As for bigger LB's that KB. Imagine how big they were (and slow) last year. James was 15-20 pounds heavier and Akin was heavy too. They've slimmed down and are still pretty solid in there. Night and day for Bradie James' play.

I actually feel James deserves consideration for the pro-bowl. He is super solid this year, constantly around the ball and hustling.

LarryCanadian

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack;1758502 said:

:rolleyes:

please...he got called for a really ticky tack penalty at a bad time...otherwise he played a good game...he is a very good nickel LB

like I said in another thread, some of the stuff I am reading today makes me want to hurl...we have an ES-like fan base sometimes

this TEAM just played a great game

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1758522 said:
He also had at least two passes thrown past him because he didn't play the zone deep enough.

geez people get a freaking grip

the other team has good players and their guys get paid to make plays too

we arnt going to force an incompletion, get a sack or knock down a runner for loss on every damn play

David

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
dbair1967;1759266 said:

please...he got called for a really ticky tack penalty at a bad time...otherwise he played a good game...he is a very good nickel LB

like I said in another thread, some of the stuff I am reading today makes me want to hurl...we have an ES-like fan base sometimes

this TEAM just played a great game

David

It strikes me as funny that you spent so much of your posting career whining about zimmer, and now whenever someone says anything bad about a defensive player that you come to their defense so quickly.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1759248 said:
Well, this is perhaps an example of the difference between Parcells and Phillips. Parcells might have benched KB (as I might have) for the 2nd half.

what for? because he got called for a borderline b/s call after watching guys on the other etam do it the whole half and never get called for it?

myopic comes to mind

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1759279 said:
It strikes me as funny that you spent so much of your posting career whining about zimmer, and now whenever someone says anything bad about a defensive player that you come to their defense so quickly.

oh yeah...damn, wish we had Zimmer back here...he was so awesome

David

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
dbair1967;1759292 said:
oh yeah...damn, wish we had Zimmer back here...he was so awesome

David

My point is that you were too hard on the coordinator and too soft on the players.

But you do have the sarcasm smiley down. goyou.jpg

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1759300 said:
My point is that you were too hard on the coordinator and too soft on the players.

But you do have the sarcasm smiley down. goyou.jpg

when the players we have suck yr after yr for 7yrs (like Zimmer did here as DC) and I see them do the same stupid thing over and over week after week like I did with that fool Zimmer, then I'll criticize them more

the guy was a mediocre coordinator...always has been, always will be

David

superpunk

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1759279 said:

It's funny because it's true.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
dbair1967;1759307 said:
when the players we have suck yr after yr for 7yrs (like Zimmer did here as DC) and I see them do the same stupid thing over and over week after week like I did with that fool Zimmer, then I'll criticize them more

the guy was a mediocre coordinator...always has been, always will be

David

Newsflash killer - teams are still passing on us, newman isn't intercepting the ball anymore and we had little answer for Jacobs on several drives today. Our offense is still better than our defense, and our defense still has holes (despite the numerous draft picks put there).

Mansta54

Reaction score
KB balled tonite, he played very well. Dude was in on many tackles and all over the field..

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1759314 said:
Newsflash killer - teams are still passing on us, newman isn't intercepting the ball anymore and we had little answer for Jacobs on several drives today. Our offense is still better than our defense, and our defense still has holes (despite the numerous draft picks put there).

sure it has holes...so does every defense in this league

NYG has some good players, some really good ones...you people expect shutouts every week or something I suppose...we pretty much dominated the game today and won in a very tough place to play, but people are crying and whining like we got beat 48-0 and gave up 500 yds

and "our offense is better than our defense"....well no poop sherlock...news flash to you, our offense is a juggernaut

as for your other statements above, like I said...whining and crying...if not for a few untimely penalties, the game might have been a blow out...they made 3 or 4 decent plays on us all game and we got 5 sacks and a few turnovers against a team that doesnt give up sacks and hasnt turned it over much

David

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
dbair1967;1759338 said:
sure it has holes...so does every defense in this league

NYG has some good players, some really good ones...you people expect shutouts every week or something I suppose...we pretty much dominated the game today and won in a very tough place to play, but people are crying and whining like we got beat 48-0 and gave up 500 yds

and "our offense is better than our defense"....well no poop sherlock...news flash to you, our offense is a juggernaut

as for your other statements above, like I said...whining and crying...if not for a few untimely penalties, the game might have been a blow out...they made 3 or 4 decent plays on us all game and we got 5 sacks and a few turnovers against a team that doesnt give up sacks and hasnt turned it over much

David

LOL at the bolded statement. If not for a few untimely penalties the giants might not have lost two touchdowns on holds that didn't affect the game. Our defense is good enough, not dominant. Our players aren't perfect, deal with it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1759347 said:
LOL at the bolded statement. If not for a few untimely penalties the giants might not have lost two touchdowns on holds that didn't affect the game. Our defense is good enough, not dominant. Our players aren't perfect, deal with it.

I never claimed they were perfect...I said they basically dominated the game save a couple of plays...did you see Burress running scott free for big plays? other than one play did Shockey make any big plays downfield? did their RB's gash through gigantic holes and take over the game?

No would be the answer to all of those

David