Kevin Durant traded to the Suns

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No wonder you mad we got kd hahah. All good. See y’all in June, if you can get there
Lol didn't want him. We cooked him and shut him down in the 1st last year. Wasn't giving up Jaylon Brown for that

JBS

Reaction score
Lol ok what? That actually happened. Did you watch the playoffs last year?
I’m not talking about that. Im talking about you not wanting to party ways w J. Brown for KD. That’s silly.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m not talking about that. Im talking about you not wanting to party ways w J. Brown for KD. That’s silly.
How so. Durant is 34 and has an extensive list of injuries the last 3 years. Brown is 26 and one of the better 2 way wings in the NBA. With Durant recent lower body injuries, his game is serious risk of declining. One of the main reasons why I didn't want them to trade for him was his performance in last years 1st round looked that decline had started. I dont care what stats a guy puts up in the regular, when it mattered he wasnt anywhere near he was when he was the Slim Reaper. I didnt want him, because that trade wasnt putting a banner in the rafters

JBS

Reaction score
How so. Durant is 34 and has an extensive list of injuries the last 3 years. Brown is 26 and one of the better 2 way wings in the NBA. With Durant recent lower body injuries, his game is serious risk of declining. One of the main reasons why I didn't want them to trade for him was his performance in last years 1st round looked that decline had started. I dont care what stats a guy puts up in the regular, when it mattered he wasnt anywhere near he was when he was the Slim Reaper. I didnt want him, because that trade wasnt putting a banner in the rafters
Ok time will tell on that. 4 games doesn’t indicate a decline. He’s having a great season this year. He’s going to put a banner in the rafters in Phoenix. Then we will see what you think. Celtics cannot win a ring as constructed.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics cannot win a ring as constructed.
Hard not to laugh at that comment coming from a fan of a team that just gutted their defense to bring in Durant. Phoenix may win a championship with Durant, but its definitely not going to be this year. This is trade is more about 2023-24, and they will be able to reconstruct their rotation.

Regular season ball is about strengths, playoff ball is about weakness, and as constructed the Suns have some very serious ones. They will be an absolute turnstile on the wings. Booker is a very poor defender, Durant can if he really has to but rarely does. And Ayton doesnt offer enough rim protection to mask that. And as the playoffs go on, Paul will become more and more of a liability.

After the season, they will have the ability to put a more sound team together around Durant/Booker. As its stands, I don't see any way they make it out of the west in 2023

JBS

Reaction score
Hard not to laugh at that comment coming from a fan of a team that just gutted their defense to bring in Durant. Phoenix may win a championship with Durant, but its definitely not going to be this year. This is trade is more about 2023-24, and they will be able to reconstruct their rotation.

Regular season ball is about strengths, playoff ball is about weakness, and as constructed the Suns have some very serious ones. They will be an absolute turnstile on the wings. Booker is a very poor defender, Durant can if he really has to but rarely does. And Ayton doesnt offer enough rim protection to mask that. And as the playoffs go on, Paul will become more and more of a liability.

After the season, they will have the ability to put a more sound team together around Durant/Booker. As its stands, I don't see any way they make it out of the west in 2023
The suns had no chance to win a ring the way the team was constructed. They have a chance now. They weren’t good enough. Just like the Celtics. The suns are far better today than they were yesterday. They’re more than capable of winning it this year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The suns had no chance to win a ring the way the team was constructed. They have a chance now. They weren’t good enough. Just like the Celtics. The suns are far better today than they were yesterday. They’re more than capable of winning it this year.
Funny you say were arent good enough, we are much better than last year when we lost to a dynasty. We also beat the defending champs. We have one of the deepest and most balanced rosters in the NBA. We have an MVP candidate, an all NBA candidate, a defensive MVP, another that was a top DMVP candidate (and probably deserved it more than Smart. Will we win? Maybe maybe not. But if you actually think we "arent good enough", you are either talking smack, foolish, or ignorant about hoops.

JBS

Reaction score
Funny you say were arent good enough, we are much better than last year when we lost to a dynasty. We also beat the defending champs. We have one of the deepest and most balanced rosters in the NBA. We have an MVP candidate, an all NBA candidate, a defensive MVP, another that was a top DMVP candidate (and probably deserved it more than Smart. Will we win? Maybe maybe not. But if you actually think we "arent good enough", you are either talking smack, foolish, or ignorant about hoops.
Suns were in the same boat last season. Coming off a loss in the finals. Suns probably closer to winning than Boston was. Suns were the best team in the nba all regular season. But that squad wasn’t good enough. It does help Boston that the league is weak right now. But I don’t see that team getting it done.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Suns were in the same boat last season. Coming off a loss in the finals. Suns probably closer to winning than Boston was. Suns were the best team in the nba all regular season. But that squad wasn’t good enough. It does help Boston that the league is weak right now. But I don’t see that team getting it done.
Boston lost to a dynasty. Phoenix lost to one of (if not the) the worst champions in modern history. A team we eliminated last year. We were a much stronger runner up.

JBS

Reaction score
Boston lost to a dynasty. Phoenix lost to one of (if not the) the worst champions in modern history. A team we eliminated last year. We were a much stronger runner up.
Lost to a dynasty Lolol. That warriors team is a shell of the hay day warriors. Stop it. They weren’t good last season. They were awful. And they’re awful now.

JBS

Reaction score
Suns are better than the Celtics today. I’lll leave it at that. Let’s see who wins this one.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lost to a dynasty Lolol. That warriors team is a shell of the hay day warriors. Stop it. They weren’t good last season. They were awful. And they’re awful now.
Lol awful last season. At least pretend to be serious

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Suns are better than the Celtics today. I’lll leave it at that. Let’s see who wins this one.
Not even close. Im done for now. Ill be back when Ja bounces you guys in the second round