Kevin White Released - Biggest WR draft bust ever?

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
There's been quite a few, IDK if he's the biggest but he's got company in that regard:

Charles Rogers
Matt Jones
Troy Williamson
Justin Blackmon (could have been a real force)
AJ Jenkins
David Terrell
Mike Williams
Corey Coleman
John Ross (early, but looking like he's going to join them)

C42

Reaction score
Kevin white never looked the part even before he was drafted. Lets talk about all those receivers the lions drafted before landing the jackpot.

Roy Williams (he was very overrated, not as talented as the guys below)
Mike Williams
Charles Rogers

Rae carruth, that possession receiver the bears drafted around the same time as Randy Moss, that fast guy the Bengals drafted, tavon Austin, test ginn. So many lol.
Ginn has had a pretty decent career.

The biggest first round WR bust for me is AJ Jenkins easily. The guy did NOTHING.

InTheZone

Reaction score
There's been quite a few, IDK if he's the biggest but he's got company in that regard:

Charles Rogers
Matt Jones
Troy Williamson
AJ Jenkins
David Terrell
Mike Williams
Corey Coleman
that's the wr I was looking for earlier, David Terrell.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Kevin white never looked the part even before he was drafted. Lets talk about all those receivers the lions drafted before landing the jackpot.

Roy Williams (he was very overrated, not as talented as the guys below)
Mike Williams
Charles Rogers

Rae carruth, that possession receiver the bears drafted around the same time as Randy Moss, that fast guy the Bengals drafted, tavon Austin, test ginn. So many lol.

Rae Carruth was drafted by the Carolina Panthers.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Rae Carruth was drafted by the Carolina Panthers.
you're right. My post got jacked when I was going back and forth on the phone trying to find that bears wr, who was later mentioned by another user. I'm fully aware rae carruth was drafted by the panthers, many panthers fans don't even know who he is lol

edit: I wasn't describing rae carruth, I was mentioning the bears WR, because this was a list of guys who were busts.

Carson

Reaction score
Charles Rogers Pick #2
Darrius Heyward-Bey Pick #7
David Boston Pick #8
Kevin White Pick #7

Rogers ... man I loved him coming out of State. Couldn’t put the Vicodin, weed and premarital sex away haha.

David Boston ... loved his game at THE Ohio State. I wouldn’t call Boston a complete bust. He did spend his first year behind Rob Moore and Frank Sanders. He also was in a bad car accident in 2000, which likely hurt his later career with nerve damage.

He had two 1,000 yard seasons. Went for 880 another, 512 another and missed four games that season. This, all while having terrible hands!

Don’t google his arrest though. It’ll take up you whole evening

tyke1doe

Reaction score
you're right. My post got jacked when I was going back and forth on the phone trying to find that bears wr, who was later mentioned by another user. I'm fully aware rae carruth was drafted by the panthers, many panthers fans don't even know who he is lol

edit: I wasn't describing rae carruth, I was mentioning the bears WR, because this was a list of guys who were busts.
Fair enough.

timb2

Reaction score
Charles Roger #2 Overall was the biggest WR bust.

Others not mentioned yet

Troy Edwards

Glenn McMurtry

Clyde Duncan

Anthony Hancock

Aaron Cox

Hart Lee Dykes

staubach24

Reaction score
I think if you’re just beset with injuries, you shouldn’t be declared a bust. Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, Charles Rogers, Tony Mandarich(although he did have a resurgence in Indy), and Jamarcus Russell were busts.

Proof

Reaction score

Charles Rogers
Matt Jones
Troy Williamson
AJ Jenkins
David Terrell
Mike Williams
Corey Coleman

Corey Coleman and Breshad Perriman were who came to mind