Key Injuries Update

willia451

Reaction score
Montrae Holland (ankle) - Holland was out of his walking boot Monday after the win against the Giants, and Wade Phillips said he would return to his starting role at left guard when healthy.

Not much there IMO. We'll see if he practices at all this week.

DeMarcus Ware (knee) - The outside linebacker says he will continue to wear a brace on his left knee because of offensive linemen trying to go after the knee by cut blocking him. He hyper-extended the knee against Seattle on Thanksgiving, but played the next game against Pittsburgh, though Wade Phillips said he lacked his usual burst. With three sacks against the Giants, it seems to have returned.

I included this one, because I thought if was interesting. It seems he probably could go without the brace. But it will remain on, because O linemen are going after it on purpose. Perhaps not unexpected. But still!

Marion Barber (toe, calf) - Listed as questionable, Barber was active but didn't seem to be his usual self in Sunday's win over New York, carrying the ball eight times for two yards. He received more treatments Monday, and Wade Phillips said the toe did not get worse.

Looks like he may not be the same for weeks IMO. Perhaps healthy by the time we make the playoffs? Maybe. He might not be right until next year.

Tony Romo (back) - The Cowboys quarterback had what Wade Phillips called a "back contusion" in the first half, but never left Sunday's game. He appeared to be in pain at times, and backup quarterback Brad Johnson began warming up after Romo was sacked for a safety in the fourth quarter, though Romo returned the next drive.

Yes. I remember thinking while Brad was warming up "Our season is over". We'll have to keep an eye on this one. But right now at least, with the information we have, it doesn't sound like something that would keep him from playing or being effective. I'm sure it hurt like hell though.

Go Cowboys!!!

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I definitely remember thinking "If Romo can't go back in, that's it. The year is over."

Scary.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Ozzu;2498960 said:
I definitely remember thinking "If Romo can't go back in, that's it. The year is over."

Scary.

I missed the game and probably extended my life a few more years.

Seeing Romo down like he was without knowing the outcome would have been hell.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Ozzu;2498960 said:

Scary.

So was Romo.:) You see what he did. There ain't a guy out there who want's Holland healthy more that Tony.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Montrae Holland (ankle) - Holland was out of his walking boot Monday after the win against the Giants, and Wade Phillips said he would return to his starting role at left guard when healthy.

I read Wade that Procter was the OL of the game......my Holland lost his job ;-)

willia451

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2498974 said:
I read Wade that Procter was the OL of the game......my Holland lost his job ;-)
I know. I couldn't believe it when I heard about it. Sometimes I wonder about information like this. If they are just spitting this kind of thing out for outside consumption. And take care of the real deal in-house. Who Knows??

Go Cowboys!!!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WFAA Blog

Romo suffered back contusion
1:07 PM Mon, Dec 15, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo suffered a back contusion in the team's Sunday win over the New York Giants.

That was one of several injuries coach Wade Phillips updated. The list was really too long, he said, for him to go all the way through.

So he just updated the new injuries.

Tar Battle has a hamstring strain.

Bobby Carpenter has a calf strain.

Keith Davis strained his shoulder.

Alan Ball had a slight sprained ankle.

All of those should put the Cowboys injury report at about 20 players, with six more on injured reserve and out for the season.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
When I saw Brad grab his helmet; I grabbed my keys!!

With all of these injuries it is really showing the depth we have on this team. I don't think we have ever had this many rookies/new players step up in a season so fast.