Key NFC Matchup this week

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Washington versus Tampa Bay.

Loser goes up to 5-4, winner goes to 6-3.

I have to say I think Washington wins this.

other key matchups include

Cowboys vs Eagles and Seattle vs St. Louis

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Washington will kill Tampa Bay. TB is weak as all hell. Panthers and Falcons are the true leaders of that division.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Uh-Oh said:
Washington will kill Tampa Bay. TB is weak as all hell. Panthers and Falcons are the true leaders of that division.
One could make the argument that Washington is a weak team also. Washington has to be about the luckiest team out there. They barely score more points than they give up, and the take the ball away less than they give it up.

Call me a homer, but I still see us as in the drivers seat in the division. We are playing the best football in the division right now.

lspain1

Reaction score
Folks, sitting here in Florida I have been watching the Bucs play. I have also seen Washington play. Both teams have good defenses, but it is on offense that the differences emerge. Right now, Washinton is a clearly superior team to the Bucs. Carolina dismembered the Bucs last week due largely to the inept TB offense. Sims has struggled at the QB position and they are injured at RB. Brunnell's play right now is excellent. If that continues, I expect Washington to win fairly easily.

I hope I'm wrong. The Bucs will be desperate for a win to stay in the division race. It's matchups like these making the Commander's life much easier.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
Washington versus Tampa Bay.

Loser goes up to 5-4, winner goes to 6-3.

I have to say I think Washington wins this.

other key matchups include

Cowboys vs Eagles and Seattle vs St. Louis

Tampa has a decent running game and the 1st ranked defense in the league. I don't think this is a walk in the park for the skins.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Chris Simms == 0-8 end to the season for Tampa Bay. They should play Rattay, at least then they'd have a chance to win.

Henry

Reaction score
Derinyar said:
One could make the argument that Washington is a weak team also. Washington has to be about the luckiest team out there. They barely score more points than they give up, and the take the ball away less than they give it up.

The clear counter to that arguement is that Washington has played one of the toughest schedules in the NFL to date. Six of our first eight opponents are currently 5-3 or better. We've only played one team with a losing record this season, and we crushed them. We've only played one division game at home, yet are 2-1. The Cowboys, having the luxury of playing all three division games at home so far, are also only 2-1.

And I'm not sure how a team that loses 11 of 15 fumbles is considered lucky. Fumbles are a function of skill and preparation. Fumble RECOVERIES are largely luck. In that category we are the unluckiest team in the league. And it's not even close. The Cowboys, for example, have fumbled the ball 19 times, but only lost 7 of them. THAT's lucky.

So, despite playing a softer schedule and enjoying a greater amount of luck in the turnover department, the Cowboys have exactly the same record as the Commanders.

Call me a homer, but I still see us as in the drivers seat in the division. We are playing the best football in the division right now.

Playing the Cards at home will do wonders for your confidence, to be sure. I do understand. I felt the same way after our Niners game.

However, I think the Cowboys' road gets a little tougher from here on out while the Commander schedule gets decidedly easier. While I don't think that means the Commanders are in the driver's seat or anything, I also wouldn't make that claim for the Cowboys just yet. Frankly, noone in this division is the clear-cut favorite just yet.

As far as the Tampa game goes, Vegas has us by a point. That sounds about right. Tampa will be desperate for a win to keep from a full collapse. They will throw everything they have at us, and they will be at home. This will definately not be a walk in the park.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
GO BUCS! I have a feeling that the Bucs pull this one out. We shall see.