Key players for 2010

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Jason and Brandon Williams are going to be key, but even more so probably Victor Butler. Can't wait to see Bobby Carpenter released.

Hopefully Scandrick and Ball will be money in their 3rd year. Is Ball going into his 4th?

Doug Free is hopefully a lot better next year. And hopefully we can get something out of Brewster. I think we need to retool this entire line.

I have really high hopes for Mike Hamlin as well. Sensaubaugh should be even more comfortable in our secondary next year.

I think we need to touch on the following positions though.

O-Line
D-Line
ILB (depending on Williams)
Safety (Hamlin)
Corner

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Galian Beast;3165298 said:
Jason and Brandon Williams are going to be key, but even more so probably Victor Butler. Can't wait to see Bobby Carpenter released.

Hopefully Scandrick and Ball will be money in their 3rd year. Is Ball going into his 4th?

Doug Free is hopefully a lot better next year. And hopefully we can get something out of Brewster. I think we need to retool this entire line.

I have really high hopes for Mike Hamlin as well. Sensaubaugh should be even more comfortable in our secondary next year.

O-Line
D-Line
Safety (Hamlin)
Corner

I don't see how Jason Williams or Brandon Williams can possibly be key figures...they were drafted for depth and the future. Brandon Williams isn't going to replace DWare or Spencer...Butler is the speed rusher to back up DWare; Williams is the bigger OLB to back up Spencer. Jason Williams probably has a long ways to go to be fully ready for the NFL...the guy isn't even making plays on special teams yet. He's sure as heck not going to replace Brady James or Keith Brooking next year.

These guys are all part of the depth chart...that's all.

Bluestang

Reaction score
LOL at this post...who's to say that the next draft brings a better set of players that challenge others for a spot?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I don't think that we're going to draft heavy where we have players who need to step up.

I'm talking more in terms of resting our defense by having multiple players in the game who can make an impact.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I think Barbie stays because they get to seriously low ball his contract.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Galian Beast;3165298 said:

O-Line
D-Line
Safety (Hamlin)
Corner

I think Jason williams would be or should be the eventual starter. Brandon williams has no chance playing behind spencer and ware, in their prime.

I think the keys to last year's draft are Jason Williams to take over the middle after brooking, brewster to take over Kosier's spot and Michael Hamlin to take over for ken hamlin.

the others are just for depth and role players and with injuries piling up this time of the year its valuable. very very valuable.

Reaction score
Jason Williams next role on this team, if he earns it, will not be starting for Brooking, it'll be playing the nickel spot Carpenter plays now. He's an extremely talented athlete so if he can get the mental part down he'd be an asset there.

As for the other guys, if Vic Butler and Brandon Williams get good enough that we can give Ware/Spencer rest when needed that is all we really need out of them barring an injury to one of those two. Problem is, Ware and Spencer are so good you never really want them out of the game. Thus is the NFL though.

We need to draft another corner. I think people forget that our 4th best corner has been starting at safety. Newman has a history of injuries and obviously is not as good as he once was, and Scandrick is not playing very well this year, so drafting another corner in the 2nd or 3rd should probably be in order. You can never have enough good DBs.

Hopefully Brewster can give us some depth next year, and we need to draft more OL too. An olineman in the first round would make my draft, assuming they're worthy of the pick anyway.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
Joshmvii;3166197 said:
Jason Williams next role on this team, if he earns it, will not be starting for Brooking, it'll be playing the nickel spot Carpenter plays now. He's an extremely talented athlete so if he can get the mental part down he'd be an asset there.

As for the other guys, if Vic Butler and Brandon Williams get good enough that we can give Ware/Spencer rest when needed that is all we really need out of them barring an injury to one of those two. Problem is, Ware and Spencer are so good you never really want them out of the game. Thus is the NFL though.

We need to draft another corner. I think people forget that our 4th best corner has been starting at safety. Newman has a history of injuries and obviously is not as good as he once was, and Scandrick is not playing very well this year, so drafting another corner in the 2nd or 3rd should probably be in order. You can never have enough good DBs.

Hopefully Brewster can give us some depth next year, and we need to draft more OL too. An olineman in the first round would make my draft, assuming they're worthy of the pick anyway.

I think that you 100% hit the nail on the head Joshmvii. This is how I see it playing out as well.