Keys to beating the 49ers

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Dak has to run like little Jalen. Or our goose is cooked. We need 4-5 good runs out of DP

Can't give CMac 7 ypc like the Seahawks did either. Lol

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Turnover differential followed by passer rating differential, which is one of the many reasons last year’s game was frustrating. Turnovers were even, and Dak had a slightly higher passer rating.
Good point............when you look back at that game, the analytics say we should have won.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Thanks for exposing your total lack of NFL football knowledge. We now know what you are.
You lay out a bunch of clichés and you think that passes as knowledge? Sorry, Skippy, it doesn’t.

‘We have to win in the trenches’
‘The better offensive/defensive matchup will be key’
‘This is a chess match’
‘Turnovers are going to be key’
‘Coaching is important’
‘The game plan is important’

Throw in ‘avoid black cats’ and ‘don’t walk under any ladders’ and you’ll have everything covered.

We could talk about how well the 49ers disguise zero coverage and zone, and how quickly Dak spots each will be a key factor in our offense’s success if he’s playing focused and loose, but I’m not a coach and I wouldn’t be saying anything that our team doesn’t already know. I do have an idea, though.

Just watch the game. That’s what fans are supposed to do. Come back and rejoice if we win, and celebrate a solid season if we don’t. The NFL is in the entertainment business, so let them entertain us.

Go Cowboys!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So basically the same game plan and strategy for every opponent, every week in the NFL.
:laugh:

Egads,

But, seriously, when the battle rages on the O/D line watch the ball popped out to Deebo, Kittle and Aiyuk.
I trust the Dallas staff will have better sence than the OP or old man drink a lot on the ranch in Coatulla.:)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Granted this is not going to be any cakewalk but Micah Parsons is not recovering from COVID and should be at full strength.

I also think it's important that we got rid of the knuckleheads that really didn't want to be here Gregory Collins Cooper and they've been replaced with guys that do want to be here and will give 100%

We need to play a game similar to the way we played at Tampa as far as penalties and turnovers are concerned we can't have them.

But I'm going on record as saying the most important thing is we can't go three and out and throw our defense back on the field constantly which means in a nutshell Dak is going to have to run a good bit to make sure the change move.

I think we have a great opportunity to beat these guys and move on.

That said our kicker could absolutely destroy everyone's best efforts by missing a chip shot in crunch time. Let's hope he has exercised all his demons and his laser focused for this week.
How long you been out, jokester?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You lay out a bunch of clichés and you think that passes as knowledge? Sorry, Skippy, it doesn’t.

‘This is a chess match’
‘Coaching is important’

Throw in ‘avoid black cats’ and ‘don’t walk under any ladders’ and you’ll have everything covered.

We could talk about how well the 49ers disguise zero coverage and zone, and how quickly Dak spots each will be a key factor in our offense’s success if he’s playing focused and loose, but I’m not a coach and I wouldn’t be saying anything that our team doesn’t already know. I do have an idea, though.

Just watch the game. That’s what fans are supposed to do. Come back and rejoice if we win, and celebrate a solid season if we don’t. The NFL is in the entertainment business, so let them entertain us.

Go Cowboys!
Ok Skippy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

‘This is a chess match’
‘Coaching is important’

Go Cowboys!
Ok Skippy.
We sent you to plumbing/Baking school in Weatherford and tha is all you can write??

I feel like diswcipling you with a plumbers' glove !!!! Oh, miff and peeve me, Augustus!

quickccc

Reaction score
OFFENSE

- Dak simply has to play at high level and take care of ball. Game is over if he is subpar.

- We have to Win the trenches, force turnovers, committ no turnovers, no penalty filled day, and special teams has to be keen.

- Keep involving the run attack. Love to find ways to get Pollard breaking into long runs – per Kellen will be all run and no catch.

- Lamb involved early and frequently, double move their CBs, if Lamb only a few or couple touches, we’ve lost
Dak’s best chances are Lamb, Hilton Gallup and Schultz – if Kellen were creative with Pollard, that would help greatly.

- Niners will give up chunk pass - Lenord the other CB is vulnerable. Ward had issues vs Metcalf last week, but usually he’s so solid

- Limit the slow starts, cannot have these 3-4 straight 3 and outs, a

- TEs vs Niners Defense- they’ve had their trouble with good catching TEs,

- We got unusual strong game from Gallup, need him vastly to better our chances.Lamb gonna need help.

DEFENSE

- The RCB spot greatly worries me, Xavier Rhodes ?

- Discipline and physical vs Niners offense is biggest key. Tackling no RAC, no big rushing chunks.
Get into Niners backfield and Disrupt

- I fear The better “ Misdirection “ and moving parts as those type offenses gives us fits.

- I think we can take advantage of their safeties in coverage.

- Niners playing at a high level since Purdy took over and gain confidence.

special teams

- We need special teams to step up, - it’s been an eye sore last few games Turpin muffs, Brett Maurer Xtra point struggles Joseph penalties,

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Funny how anytime someone disagrees with your assessment they lack knowledge, hence you insult them.
well, he challenged you to talk football. not TMZ sports. all you have to do is show him your football knowledge and you shut him the hel! up. but you chose not to.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
OFFENSE

- Dak simply has to play at high level and take care of ball. Game is over if he is subpar.

- We have to Win the trenches, force turnovers, committ no turnovers, no penalty filled day, and special teams has to be keen.

- Keep involving the run attack. Love to find ways to get Pollard breaking into long runs – per Kellen will be all run and no catch.

- Lamb involved early and frequently, double move their CBs, if Lamb only a few or couple touches, we’ve lost
Dak’s best chances are Lamb, Hilton Gallup and Schultz – if Kellen were creative with Pollard, that would help greatly.

- Niners will give up chunk pass - Lenord the other CB is vulnerable. Ward had issues vs Metcalf last week, but usually he’s so solid

- Limit the slow starts, cannot have these 3-4 straight 3 and outs, a

- TEs vs Niners Defense- they’ve had their trouble with good catching TEs,

- We got unusual strong game from Gallup, need him vastly to better our chances.Lamb gonna need help.

DEFENSE

- The RCB spot greatly worries me, Xavier Rhodes ?

- Discipline and physical vs Niners offense is biggest key. Tackling no RAC, no big rushing chunks.
Get into Niners backfield and Disrupt

- I fear The better “ Misdirection “ and moving parts as those type offenses gives us fits.

- I think we can take advantage of their safeties in coverage.

- Niners playing at a high level since Purdy took over and gain confidence.

special teams

- We need special teams to step up, - it’s been an eye sore last few games Turpin muffs, Brett Maurer Xtra point struggles Joseph penalties,
I agree. I think the key defensively is to selling out to stop the run and slow down McCaffrey and contain him. force them to beat us with Purdy and be opportunistic. he will make some throws, as they will find open spots, but with our opportunistic defense, the goal is to get him to throw a couple of interceptions or more and make him gun shy. the pass rush has to be one today, get in the kids head, be close, hit him a few times, maybe get him to fumble once or twice. getting a few sacks and pressure is the best thing on defense specially if you are facing a rookie.

offensively it comes down to controlling the clock. less 3 and outs, and there will be some. but longer drives, keep McCaffrey, Deebo and Kittle on the sideline and give them one less opportunity. I like to see a little bit of spread offense and force and measure their front 4 ability to generate pass rush. double TE, 4 WR sets, swing pollard out, let dak run. just come at them from all angles. Moore can't call the same pass route for 4 WRs and needs to use the whole field. he needs to have another Bucs game type play calling. Zeke's touches should be limited. use pollard this game to get through 49ers, and let Zeke do his thing against Philly. at this point in the season its not about contracts, its about who will get you a win.

Eddie

Reaction score
The ONLY way to beat the 49ers is to score at least 1 more point than they score.