KFFL Giants Blurbs...what they've been up to

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just checkin on what our other NFC East rivals are doing...

--------------

Giants | Umenyiora discusses Kiwanuka selection
Tue, 9 May 2006 23:21:53 -0700

Mike Garafalo, of the Newark Star-Ledger, reports New York Giants DL Osi Umenyiora discussed the team's selection of DL Mathias Kiwanuka in the first-round of the NFL Draft. Umenyiora said, "It's probably going to stunt somebody's growth. I don't know. All I know is, when I was a rookie, I didn't get that much playing time and you really need that. You have to play in order to develop." He added that you need more than teaching from defensive line coach Mike Waufle and defensive coordinator Tim Lewis, but that getting on the football field enables a player to realize their full potential. "(Kiwanuka is) a first-rounder, so obviously they're going to put him on the football field at some point in time. It's just a situation we're going to have to deal with," said Umenyiora.

Jets | Team giving Medley a tryout
Tue, 9 May 2006 22:34:01 -0700

Paul Franklin, of the Courier Post, reports the New York Jets are giving undrafted rookie free agent FB Ishmael Medley (Rutgers) a tryout at this weekend's minicamp.

Giants | Team giving Glass a tryout
Tue, 9 May 2006 22:33:40 -0700

Paul Franklin, of the Courier Post, reports the New York Giants are giving undrafted rookie free agent OL John Glass (Rutgers) a tryout at this weekend's minicamp.

Giants | Arrington explains why team moved him to strongside
Tue, 9 May 2006 23:22:09 -0700

Mike Garafalo, of the Newark Star-Ledger, reports New York Giants LB LaVar Arrington explained why the team is moving him to strongside linebacker. He said defensive coordinator Tim Lewis wants him closer to the ball and Arrington added, "Coach Lewis wants me closer to the ball, which means I'm closer to the quarterback. Closer to the quarterback means ... well, you know what that means. Hopefully, that equates to the quarterback going down."

Giants | Pierce aiming for the Super Bowl
Wed, 10 May 2006 05:59:16 -0700

Ernie Palladino, of The Journal News, reports New York Giants LB Antonio Pierce's goals for the 2006 season are hardly modest. "Super Bowl," he said. "Nothing less. I don't know why we shouldn't say that. We know what we've got, so why not think about the Super Bowl."

Giants | Manning can adjust to Moss' size
Wed, 10 May 2006 06:02:07 -0700

Ernie Palladino, of The Journal News, reports New York Giants QB Eli Manning said it should be easy adjusting to the 5-foot-8 rookie WR Sinorice Moss after two years of throwing to the much taller WR Amani Toomer, WR Plaxico Burress and TE Jeremy Shockey. "In college, you've got receivers who are 5-4," Manning said. "It won't be a problem."

Giants | Blackburn ready to go
Wed, 10 May 2006 06:04:15 -0700

John Altavilla, of the Hartford Courant, reports New York Giants LB Chase Blackburn (neck) is eager to get back on the field having recovered from last season's neck injury. "Now it's all about letting (the injury) go. It's all a part of the game. Everyone's had some type of injury. Then you figure out where to go from there," said Blackburn.

Giants | Team added to the revenue-sharing committee
Wed, 10 May 2006 06:55:37 -0700

Douglas Turner, of the Buffalo News, reports the NFL has added the New York Giants to a committee that will help determine how a new revenue-sharing plan will work under the league's new labor deal.

Giants | Tuck to line up inside from time to time
Wed, 10 May 2006 10:07:25 -0700

Mike Garafalo, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Giants DE Justin Tuck could see extensive action at defensive tackle on obvious passing downs. The Giants have four excellent pass-rushing defensive ends and will have to find a way to get them all on the field.

AtlCB

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Giants | Manning can adjust to Moss' size
Wed, 10 May 2006 06:02:07 -0700

Ernie Palladino, of The Journal News, reports New York Giants QB Eli Manning said it should be easy adjusting to the 5-foot-8 rookie WR Sinorice Moss after two years of throwing to the much taller WR Amani Toomer, WR Plaxico Burress and TE Jeremy Shockey. "In college, you've got receivers who are 5-4," Manning said. "It won't be a problem."

This quote would definitely explain all of the throws to the feet of his receivers.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I never really had a hatred for the Gspots until running into a poster at another forum, which I was banned from flaming him :) and the addition of that eight-head Lavar Arrington

JPM

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I never really had a hatred for the Gspots until running into a poster at another forum, which I was banned from flaming him :) and the addition of that eight-head Lavar Arrington

I'm a Cowboy fan, and I live in NY. I have to detest the Giants.....

Hiero

Reaction score
giants absolutlely ridiculous pick. they have two great DE's and they draft one with a high bust chance in the first, very stupid move I was happy.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
"(Kiwanuka is) a first-rounder, so obviously they're going to put him on the football field at some point in time. It's just a situation we're going to have to deal with," said Umenyiora.

Here's to hoping this is the start of a new problem!

StylisticS

Reaction score
I also never really hated the Giants and there fans until recently. They are a very delusional bunch thinking they are head and shoulders better than every team in the NFC East. They think no other NFC East team has made as many upgrades at needed positions as they have.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Hiero said:
giants absolutlely ridiculous pick. they have two great DE's and they draft one with a high bust chance in the first, very stupid move I was happy.

Me too.
Never understood all the excitement about Kiwanuka at any point in his career. I just don't think he is the player some think he is.

Reaction score
I'm married to a Gints fan, so the worse they do and the better Dallas does, the happier I am. At least we both hate Philly and the Skins.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
People also laughed at the Umenyiora pick when it was made.

I thought the addition was brilliant. It truly was the "best player available" philosophy in action.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yakuza Rich said:
Tad bit of an exagerration Eli.

Rich..........

Eli has never struck me as the sort that is going to get an application to join Mensa.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
With Tuck already signed last year (2nd round?) , don't see how a 1st round pick for same position makes much sence. Depth is fine, but not your first pick.Maybe their not happy with Tuck. I'll take our D-line rotation over theirs anyday.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Hiero said:

heck, didn't they get Jason Tuck just last yr.??