KFFL, some Cowboy mentions...

Reaction score
he had a 700 K tender, that isn't the minimum, I believe...

ok, there isn't a compensation for him... Cowboys have Right of First Refusal...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Im shocked the Niners are paying Larry Allen 4 mil plus a season.

mwmilsted

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
That's a good question about a pick for Tucker. I would like to know the answer to that as well.
He was a free agent signing, so no compensation to the Boy's
if he signed.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
We need some clarification on this. I believe that we offered a tender sheet to him. And because of that, I thought that if he signed we would have a week to match and if we didn't, then we would get a 7th rd pick. Much like Josh Brown of Seattle.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
wileedog said:
Take my tackle.... please.

Henny_Youngman.jpg

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: Classic

vicjagger

Reaction score
Clear as mud:

Section 2. Restricted Free Agents:
(a) Any Veteran player with three or more Accrued Seasons, but less than five Accrued Seasons (or less than four Accrued Seasons in any Capped Year), shall, at the expiration of his last Player Contract during such period, become a Restricted Free Agent. Any such player shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any such player, subject to the restrictions set forth in this Article.
(b) In order to receive the following specified Rights of First Refusal and/or Draft Choice Compensation with respect to a Restricted Free Agent, the Prior Club of a Restricted Free Agent must tender the player a Qualifying Offer on or before the first date of the Restricted Free Agent Signing Period, as follows:
(i) For Restricted Free Agents with three Accrued Seasons:
(1) Right of First Refusal: one year Player Contract with Paragraph 5 Salary of at least $275,000;
(2) Right of First Refusal and Draft Selection at Player’s Original Draft Round: one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $275,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged (this subsection is subject to the rules of subsection (c) below);
(3) Right of First Refusal and One First Round Draft Selection: one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $600,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged;
(4) Right of First Refusal, One First Round Draft Selection, and One Third Round Draft Selection: one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $800,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged;
(ii) For Restricted Free Agents with four Accrued Seasons (in Uncapped Years):
(1) Right of First Refusal: one year Player Contract with Paragraph 5 Salary of at least $325,000;
(2) Right of First Refusal and Draft Selection at Player’s Original Draft Round: one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $325,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged (this subsection is subject to the rules of subsection (c) below);
(3) Right of First Refusal and One First Round Draft Selection: one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $700,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged; and
(4) Right of First Refusal, One First Round Draft Selection, and One Third Round Draft Selection: one year Player Contract with Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $900,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged.
(c) Notwithstanding subparagraphs 2(b)(i) and 2(b)(ii) above, in the event that a Prior Club tenders any of its Restricted Free Agents originally selected in a draft round lower than the first round a Qualifying Offer that requires Draft Choice Compensation of one first round selection (the “Upgraded Tender”), the Prior Club shall only be eligible to receive Draft Choice Compensation of one second round selection for any of its Restricted Free Agents originally selected in the first round of the Draft, unless such Restricted Free Agents have each received a Qualifying Offer of at least the amount of the Upgraded Tender.
(d) Notwithstanding subsections 2(b)(i) and 2(b)(ii) above, in the event that the player was originally selected in a draft round after the seventh round (or, for the 1993 League Year only, after the eighth round), a Qualifying Offer in the amount required to obtain a Right of First Refusal and Draft Choice Compensation at the Player’s original Draft Round shall entitle a Club only to a Right of First Refusal for such player.
(e) The amounts of the Qualifying Offers specified in this paragraph ($275,000, $325,000, $600,000, $700,000, $800,000 and $900,000) shall increase each League Year following the 1993 League Year by the same percentage as the increase in Projected DGR over the prior League Year’s DGR (as defined in Article XXIV), up to a maximum of ten percent (10%) per League Year, but shall not in any event decrease in actual amount from League Year to League Year. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall Qualifying Offer amounts increase if the projected DGR for the League Year in question is not greater than the highest DGR of any previous League Year.
(f) A Restricted Free Agent shall have the option of accepting a one year NFL Player Contract for 110% of his Prior Year Paragraph 5 Salary (with all other terms of his prior year contract carried forward unchanged) in lieu of a Player Contract for the applicable alternative amount specified in this paragraph, if he so wishes, regardless of which Player Contract is for a greater amount.
(g) In the event a Prior Club withdraws its Qualifying Offer, the Restricted Free Agent shall immediately become an Unrestricted Free Agent and shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any such player, without being subject to First Refusal, Draft Choice Compensation, Signing Period, or any other limitation of any kind.
** See Pages 40-41 - Article XIV, Section 8 for Side Letter of 3/3/97, Section 1 re: Good Faith of Required Tender.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Did i hear correctly that Carolina signed Key to a 4 yr 19 million contract with a 5 mil SB?? Tha'ts just crazy money for Key. I lik ehim but damn.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Regarding Tucker, I can't believe so many here want him gone. Any draft pick you may get for him would be low and you'd have to develop the payer. Can we even get a low pick if we lose him? Even if we could, there's still no guarantee the new guy will become at least a good backup. In Tucker we already have a capable backup who is still developing and has more upside. Why would you want to lose that and replace him w/ a completelu unproven player at OT or any other position? It makes no sense for people here to want Tucker gone - Really!!! :rolleyes:

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
Key just got a 5-mill bonus which means TO is feeling underpaid right about now. :lmao2:

TO is getting his money to play... not just a big chunk up front for whipping the Sharpie out of his sock...

Furthermore... I wish we could keep Tucker, I'd like to see him at guard, not tackle... He'd be a monster at guard.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
aardvark said:
TO is getting his money to play... not just a big chunk up front for whipping the Sharpie out of his sock...

Furthermore... I wish we could keep Tucker, I'd like to see him at guard, not tackle... He'd be a monster at guard.

Has Tucker ever played Guard?

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
Has Tucker ever played Guard?

One of the best in the nation in college. Had some maturity/footwork/weight problems before the draft and went undrafted. Signed by us we moved him to OT were he sucked it up.