Kai Parham (5.03 - 5.11) *DISAPPOINTING*
Freddie Roach (4.92) *DISAPPOINTING*
DeMeco Ryans (4.62)
Ernie Sims (4.51)
Gerris Wilkinson (4.62)
Leon Williams (4.62)
Jamar Williams (4.62)
Travis Williams (4.56)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My personl standouts that we have a chance to get

James Anderson (4.58) 6'3 232
- If he can gain 15 to 20 pds, I like him-
2005: 82 tackles, 8.5 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 interceptions, 6 pass breakups, 1 forced fumble

Spencer Havner (4.72) 6'4 245
-Parcells type size, nice ILB speed. Outstanding stats for 2004, can't find 2005 stats yet-
2004: 125 tackles , 8.5 TFL - 1 sack - 2 INT

Thomas Howard (4.45) 6'2 (232)
Gain 15 pounds and we want you
2005: 85 Tackles 7 TFL's, 3 sacks , 1 INT ,7 PD and 3 QB Hurries

Brandon Johnson (4.52) 6'4 218
Perfect height, but way to skinny. If he can promise to gain 25 pounds over the next 2 years, he's perfect. Big and Fast.
2005: 65 tackles, 9 TFLs, 2 sacks, 2 ints., 4 PDs

Roger McIntosh (4.61) 6'2 230
Again, gain 15 pounds and we can talk. Nice speed and great stats
111 tackles, 13 for loss, 4 sacks, 8 hurries, 1 forced fumble

Gerris Wilkinson (4.62)
My favorite - Cowboys already had interview with this guy

Leon Williams (4.62) 6'4 240
Love the size and speed, and really good stats for only 5 starts last year.
2005: 54 tackles, 3.5 TFL (double those stats if he starts 11 games)

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Damm, thats too bad for him, means he may drop to the 3rd round. If by chance we could get him there I'd still take him. Looks like the slowest time of all the backers posted, man there is going to be a lot of depth at the LB position.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I think he was already scheduled to be a 3rd rounder. Hopefully he falls so the Cowboys can get a real bargain. We already know he can be a productive player in this system.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's bad when you have Offensive guards running faster than you though.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
I take it Carpenter didn't run? Still recovering from injury? Can anyone confirm?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
austintodallas said:
I take it Carpenter didn't run? Still recovering from injury? Can anyone confirm?
He's still recovering (per the ranchreport.com) but he will run at his Pro day workouts.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
He's still recovering (per the ranchreport.com) but he will run at his Pro day workouts.
Cool. Thanks. I still want him wearing a star.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Parham is going to be like Jeremiah Trotter. If you can use him as a north and south guy attacking the line of scrimmage and blowing up the lead blocker in the hole, he's going to be a good player. If you need your MLB to persue from sideline like Washington, its giong to be a disaster. And he's definitely not going to play a lot of nickel packages.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That's great for us, so he falls it gives us a chance to pick him up later on giving us opportunities to pick other areas first.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I don't know about 2nd day, but he will fall some for sure. The Trotter analogy is a good one, and worth the pick I think. Saw some of the combine on the Cowboys site from yesterday - a player who has been mentioned here but I know nothing about, saw him run and do some skills and I went "wow". Kameron Wimbely, DE projects to OLB in the 3/4. What do we know about this guy. Almost seems like another Ware type player. Boy is he built, is he someone to look at in the 2nd round if we are looking for line backers?

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
Does someone got a sun dial to time this kid?

A whole lot of message board hype going on with him.

ghst187

Reaction score
after that, Parham's value is in the 4th round. I would be hesitant to grab him in the third, but wouldn't be terrible either.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Anybody with NFL network see them run the 40s ? Did Parham look all blown up, which could account for his slow time. Whats the story.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Kai Parham (5.03 - 5.11) *DISAPPOINTING*
Freddie Roach (4.92) *DISAPPOINTING*
Freddie Roach's time was to be expected but not Parham's. Luckily it's going to cause Parham to drop which may work out very well for us. I'd still certainly take a chance on him in the later rounds if he's still there.

Kai ParhamHeight: 6-3 | Weight: 253 | 40-Time: 4.59
Strengths:
Has excellent size and a solid frame...An excellent natural athlete with good speed...Outstanding pass rusher and blitzer...Strong and powerful...Solid tackler and a big hitter who can really lay the lumber...Does a great job versus the run...Very aggressive and plays downhill...Productive and made a lot of big plays...Intangibles and leadership skills are top-notch...Experienced...Played in a 3-4 defensive scheme under Al Groh which is all the rage in the NFL these days.

Weaknesses:
Lacks top instincts, especially for a middle linebacker...Does not change direction well...Can do a better job in coverage...Has some trouble working his way through traffic...Plays too high at times and needs some technique work...Skated by on his physical ability a lot in college...Will still make way too many mental mistakes.

Notes:
Was a three-year starter for the Cavs...One of the elite prep recruits in the nation coming out of high school...Saw some action at defensive end in certain situations...Was overshadowed a bit by Ahmad Brooks but is a great prospect in his own right...Look for this guy to be real popular with teams that run the 3-4.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
345 pd Ngata ran a 4.8 something. No way Parham can run that slow and make it. If he falls to the 5th, I'd take him there.

JPM

Reaction score
I'm think he will workout at Virginia's pro day and he will improve that 40 time.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I told you guys Parham wasn't a great athlete, that he wasn't fast and that he couldn't play outside. It's not exactly the complete and total truth, but it's close.

I think a little closer truth is that he ran 4.5 coming out of high school and then hurt his back, which really affected his speed.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
VACowboy said:
I told you guys Parham wasn't a great athlete, that he wasn't fast and that he couldn't play outside. It's not exactly the complete and total truth, but it's close.

I think a little closer truth is that he ran 4.5 coming out of high school and then hurt his back, which really affected his speed.

I remember before Ahmad Brooks decided to stay in school, many on this board challenged both of us, that Kai was a better athlete and player than Brooks. Now Ahamad has some character issues, but as pure talent, I never thought it was close. If I'm not mistaken, Brooks returned kick-offs as a Freshman.