Kicker Eddy Pineiro

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They are CRAZY not to give Maher a shot. This is NO different than golf where a player picks up a flaw causing something to go wrong.....it's in your head until you figure it out....usually turns out to be something minor. Lets not over blow this until we give him a shot in camp.
I agree with you, I think there is a really good chance that Maher rebounds and is fine in 2024. With that said though I think the issue is whoever signs him likely isn't giving him a tryout, but you're giving him guaranteed money. Projections i've seen have him getting around $3.5M this year. Maybe that doesnt happen in the end and his market isnt really there, but I'm sure the guy is going to try and finally get his payday. He's 33 years old and has gotten paid just $1,785,967 over his entire career. I'm sure he is looking to get a final check before his time is up, which at his age could realistically be any year now.

conner01

Reaction score
I wanted us to pick him up last year when he was released to compete with Maher. He ended up in Carolina and made 94 percent of his field goals. He's only 27 years old and has just three years in the league. The first one wasn't great, but he's been 41 of 43 on field goals since then and 39 of 42 on extra points.

I'm not sure why Carolina hasn't re-signed him. I assume it's because they are getting their injured kicker back. But it seems like he'd be a good pickup to at least compete with Maher.
Nice find
Under 40 he’s been very consistent
And he’s only tried 5 over 50 but made all

conner01

Reaction score
I agree with you, I think there is a really good chance that Maher rebounds and is fine in 2024. With that said though I think the issue is whoever signs him likely isn't giving him a tryout, but you're giving him guaranteed money. Projections i've seen have him getting around $3.5M this year. Maybe that doesnt happen in the end and his market isnt really there, but I'm sure the guy is going to try and finally get his payday. He's 33 years old and has gotten paid just $1,785,967 over his entire career. I'm sure he is looking to get a final check before his time is up, which at his age could realistically be any year now.
I’m all for giving him a shot but I’d bring in competition and we don’t have that now

Carson

Reaction score
They are CRAZY not to give Maher a shot. This is NO different than golf where a player picks up a flaw causing something to go wrong.....it's in your head until you figure it out....usually turns out to be something minor. Lets not over blow this until we give him a shot in camp.
People forget, Maher went to crap after the league remove the tee that holders could hold the ball onto

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
People forget, Maher went to crap after the league remove the tee that holders could hold the ball onto
Didn't use a tee. Anger used a blade of grass for line of sight. It was silly for the league to take it away when what it said it was trying to do was enforce not allowing them to kick off something that changes the trajectory.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Do kickers even run a 40?
This past combine only Michael Turk, a punter, ran one.

Typically no. The only things that matters is leg strength, accuracy and mental fortitude.

Scouts can see those at special kicking schools most kickers join to get into the league.

I would be in favour of seeing an extra session tacked onto the combine with a double knock out kicking competition head to head against each other.

Turn up the pressure cooker, and make the stakes a one way trip out of the combine right then and there.

Line up all the scouts and coaches and see who could stand the heat in the kitchen.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Call me crazy but, I never understood why kicker is so disregarded. They are responsible for about 1/3 of the team's total points for the year. They can win you those one or two games a year that makes a difference.