Killer Instinct

JayFord

Reaction score
The last time I saw a killer instinct was vs the colts in 2014

As far as I’m concerned if you’re up 59-0 with 4 seconds left you still need to be playing hard

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The USA soccer women were playing a team that is one of the weakest in the tournament. That sort of result isn't from not stepping off the gas or having a killer instinct -- it is what happens when you have a completely outmatched opponent and players who, frankly, need to score and be in the spotlight to make a decent living through endorsement deals because their salaries lag massively behind men.

Their salaries lag behind men for the same reason WNBA salaries lag behind the NBA. The male sports generate a lot more revenue - billions more.

But yeah, using USA vs Thailand as an example of what the Cowboys should do to other NFL teams is quite a stretch.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
We need to take a clue from our USA soccer gals and learn to not step off the gas, ever. Too many close games, we need to close the deal and put away the teams that we should.
This ain't the 90's dynasty.......yet

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Their salaries lag behind men for the same reason WNBA salaries lag behind the NBA. The male sports generate a lot more revenue - billions more.

But yeah, using USA vs Thailand as an example of what the Cowboys should do to other NFL teams is quite a stretch.

No. It is because the owners choose to allow that situation. 20k more per player isn't about revenue. It is about rich owners paying less because they can get away with it. That's roughly 500k for each team.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The USA soccer women were playing a team that is one of the weakest in the tournament. That sort of result isn't from not stepping off the gas or having a killer instinct -- it is what happens when you have a completely outmatched opponent and players who, frankly, need to score and be in the spotlight to make a decent living through endorsement deals because their salaries lag massively behind men.
Point differential to break ties is huge in soccer. That is why they played like they needed to keep scoring.

ksadler1

Reaction score
We need to take a clue from our USA soccer gals and learn to not step off the gas, ever. Too many close games, we need to close the deal and put away the teams that we should.

Do you guys remember the year the Patriots were just blowing teams out of the water? I mean most of their games were literally over by half-time. People were *****ing that they were being "un-sportsman like" for not holding back and for keeping Brady in the games when the games were obviously over. I was one of the few that gave kudos to them, especially when they blew the doors off the Skins. This team has not had that fire for years. How many times have we seen this team let off the gas and then it became a game? When you get a team down, you keep pounding them until the end. Too bad if people don't like it. You make them fear you...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
well, if cowboys played against a division 3 team which is what Tailand is in soccer, then we would see a similar score and killer instinct.
IF that were true than why did the Cowboys lose 17-20 to Washington last season, let alone slither by 2 wins over the cellar dweller Gnats?
Never mind, I forgot Washington & NY are both Division 2 teams. :lmao2:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
In the Garrett era its not about winning...

Its about the players not giving up on garrett, forget about the w's . :facepalm:

risco

Reaction score
I agree. This team has the personnel to be a bully. Zeke. OL. Tank. Nasty LBs. Be a bully.
Hmm, are you sure? We have a bunch of RKGs. I have never seen a Jason Garrett version of a bully.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you guys remember the year the Patriots were just blowing teams out of the water? I mean most of their games were literally over by half-time. People were *****ing that they were being "un-sportsman like" for not holding back and for keeping Brady in the games when the games were obviously over. I was one of the few that gave kudos to them, especially when they blew the doors off the Skins. This team has not had that fire for years. How many times have we seen this team let off the gas and then it became a game? When you get a team down, you keep pounding them until the end. Too bad if people don't like it. You make them fear you...

I think that was the year after deflate gate or some other annual controversy that team always has.
But they were mad about something and wanted to show the world. So they ran up the scores as a revenge theme.