King loves him some Pacman Jones - 8/4/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
King talks Pacman on The Herd
-----------------------------------------

By the way, here's the teams he's seen so far: Browns, Skins, Saints, Packers, Eagles, Steelers, Bucs and Ravens.

Someone loves them some Pacman Jones!

Here's the blurb from his article he was referencing in the clip.

-------------
Friday-Saturday, Aug. 1-2, Dallas Cowboys camp

OXNARD, Calif. -- Much debate over what to call Pacman Jones. Adam Jones? Pacman Jones? He said the other day it was OK for his teammates to call him "Pacman'' because, in his words, "They're in the trenches with me.''

He said he wanted the media to call him "Adam.'' But as AP reporter Stephen Hawkins noted the other day, Jones signed a baby's outfit "Pacman Jones'' during an autograph session. Hawkins is doing the smart thing. "I'm writing 'Adam "Pacman'' Jones,' '' Hawkins said.

This all led to the amusing who's-on-first exchange between an incredibly fast-talking Fox Sports en Espanol reporter and Terrell Owens.

Fox Sports en Espanol: "You call Pacman Pacman?''

T.O.: "What's that?''

Fox Sports en Espanol: "Pacman.''

T.O.: "Who?''

Fox Sports en Espanol: "Adam.''

T.O.: "What about it?''

Fox Sports en Espanol: "I thought he didn't like to be called Pacman any more. You said Pacman. Pacman Jones.''

T.O.: "What about it?''

Fox Sports en Espanol: "I thought he didn't want to be called Pacman any more.''

T.O.: "Did somebody call him Pacman?''

Fox Sports en Espanol: "You did, man.''

T.O., resignedly: "Dude, I don't care.''

Fox Sports en Espanol: "OK.''
-----------------------------
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Might as well throw this tidbit in too from his MMQB...

5. I think I was impressed in my 1.5-day visit to the Cowboys by a lot of things, and one was surely Wade Phillips' hold on the team. He's gotten guff for being a laissez faire kind of coach, but in reality he's a coach who doesn't let the little things bother him because there are so many big things to be worried about.

"I tell the players, 'If you can't handle media, change, pressure and lots of attention, you don't need to be on the Dallas Cowboys,' '' Phillips told me Saturday. "We're in the big leagues. You've got to be able to handle stuff.'' He said his dad, Bum Phillips, the former Oilers and Saints coach, wouldn't like some of the things he tolerates, like the wearing of hats in team meetings. Hats were always taken off indoors. "If it affected how they studied, I'd have them take 'em off,'' Phillips said. "But it doesn't, so I don't make a big deal of it.''

Jason Garrett making $2 million as the coach-in-waiting? "[Wade] told me he wanted Jason back, that he was important to Tony Romo's development,'' Jerry Jones said. That's a man comfortable in his skin, as they say.

dre1614

Reaction score
Im surprised King said Pacman will be a top 5 corner this year. From practice reports its sounds like he is still rusty.