King talking about Owens hearing

ljs44

Reaction score
this was taken out of a long rant on how contracts are not really worth it

"An hour after the press conference, SI.com's Don Banks reported that New England and Pittsburgh had both made substantial offers to Johnson soon after Bloch's ruling. Pittsburgh, Banks reported, was close to a deal with Johnson, and a source close to the Steelers said they wanted him to being practice with the team this week, so he'd be ready to play in Pittsburgh's game at Cleveland next Sunday.

Rosenhaus could not be reached for comment -- the first time in the last 11 months his cell phone rang without being answered -- but earlier in the day, he said the Bengals didn't learn from Owens' victory over the Eagles in 2005.

Owens fought to have his contract voided in November 2005, arguing that the Eagles suspended him and planned to deactivate him for the season after the suspension. Bloch ruled the Eagles had to release him because they had no intention of playing him, and were holding him back from earning several incentives in his seven-year, $48 million contract.

Owens, who signed a five-year contract with Dallas a week after the ruling, played a big role in knocking the Eagles out of the 2005 playoffs with his strong play down the stretch for the Cowboys.

Dallas (10-0) six wins away from the NFL's first perfect season since 1972. Owens' 76 catches, 1,047 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns lead all receivers. Off the field, Owens has taken a vow of silence with the media and hasn't antagonized his teammates the way he did a year ago in Philadelphia with his constant badgering of quarterback Donovan McNabb."

interesting how king thinks he'll sign with dallas

thoughts??

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ljs44 said:

"An hour after the press conference, SI.com's Don Banks reported that New England and Pittsburgh had both made substantial offers to Johnson soon after Bloch's ruling. Pittsburgh, Banks reported, was close to a deal with Johnson, and a source close to the Steelers said they wanted him to being practice with the team this week, so he'd be ready to play in Pittsburgh's game at Cleveland next Sunday.

Rosenhaus could not be reached for comment -- the first time in the last 11 months his cell phone rang without being answered -- but earlier in the day, he said the Bengals didn't learn from Owens' victory over the Eagles in 2005.

Owens fought to have his contract voided in November 2005, arguing that the Eagles suspended him and planned to deactivate him for the season after the suspension. Bloch ruled the Eagles had to release him because they had no intention of playing him, and were holding him back from earning several incentives in his seven-year, $48 million contract.

Owens, who signed a five-year contract with Dallas a week after the ruling, played a big role in knocking the Eagles out of the 2005 playoffs with his strong play down the stretch for the Cowboys.

Dallas (10-0) six wins away from the NFL's first perfect season since 1972. Owens' 76 catches, 1,047 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns lead all receivers. Off the field, Owens has taken a vow of silence with the media and hasn't antagonized his teammates the way he did a year ago in Philadelphia with his constant badgering of quarterback Donovan McNabb."

thoughts??

I think King has been getting high with one of our former QB's. I don't think T.O. is coming and personally I really don't want him.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I think King has been getting high with one of our former QB's. I don't think T.O. is coming and personally I really don't want him.
It's all.... "Hyperbole"... :D

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
ljs44 said:

thoughts??

My thoughts.........:ralph: :ralph: :ralph: :shatfan: :puke: :shootfoot :abuseme: :nolook: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :moon: :ralph:

alancdc

Reaction score
Forgive me, but it is Monday. Who is the Johnson that they are talking about in the article that has a deal with Pttsburg or New England?

blindzebra

Reaction score
King is an idiot.

His logic behind this happening is:

1. Jerry never met a star he did not like.

Well, other than Deion, what other top FAs have we signed? Especially since Parcells has been here.

2. Parcells handled LT.

Well LT had issues, but being a bad teammate was not one of them. Also that was a MUCH YOUNGER Parcells. We have a coach with a history of health issues and burn out, who is near the end, so why in the hell would he subject himself to the added strain?

kartr

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

Both T.O. and that former qb would really upgrade the talent on our team. We'd a have a legitimate number 1 receiver and huge upgrade over our backup qb's.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
alancdc said:
Forgive me, but it is Monday. Who is the Johnson that they are talking about in the article that has a deal with Pttsburg or New England?

Chad Johnson - Bengals' WR

MissionCoach

Reaction score
ljs44 said:

thoughts??

Even a blind squirrel finds a NUT once in awhile :hammer: