Twitter: Kinlaw has knee issues

cnuball21

Reaction score
If there’s a legitimate knee issue we shouldn’t just draft him and “hope for the best.”

I’m hopeful the FO will do their due diligence on him and make the right decision.

I’m sure we’ll learn more as we get closer to the draft.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think we are settled at WR from a needs perspective, but I would still pull the trigger on Henry Ruggs or Jerry Jeudy at #17 just as a pure BPA selection. Jeudy is almost an Amari Cooper clone, Ruggs is a legit 4.2 or low 4.3 sprinter in a league where WR speed translates more easily by the year, and he can play football too. If I sound a little bullish on Ruggs now, wait until the Combine.

Gremell12

Reaction score
Heard its a tendonitis flare up, dude reminds me of fletcher cox...hope it’s not a big issue

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think we are settled at WR from a needs perspective, but I would still pull the trigger on Henry Ruggs or Jerry Jeudy at #17 just as a pure BPA selection. Jeudy is almost an Amari Cooper clone, Ruggs is a legit 4.2 or low 4.3 sprinter in a league where WR speed translates more easily by the year, and he can play football too. If I sound a little bullish on Ruggs now, wait until the Combine.

I’m lost on the love for Ruggs...yes he’ll fly at the combine but we’re talking about taking a dude who’s never caught more than 50 balls or over 800 yards in a season playing for Heisman candidate QBs.

I want no part of WR at 17, but at least in Jeudy/Lamb we’d be getting a top 10/12 talent.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

We really need the combine to help to start separating some of these guys.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Kinlaw is about the best cross between upside and safeness at 17.

I feel like a guy like Chaisson is too much of a boom or bust risk (not that everyone isnt lol).

And guys like Delpit and McKinney have average written all over them. Meaning...cant make much of a difference in Dallas.

We need to hope guys like the QB Love, and a guy like Fromm and/or Eason jumps into the top 16.....which usually happens....thereby pushing a guy like Kinlaw to 17.

Remember this time several years ago Wentz was a second round guy. QBs rise late....

Still.....I dont think Kinlaw is on the board at 17. But, we can hope.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I hope his knees check out,imo he give me Aasron Donald vibes,we should consider trading up and not missing out .

DanA

Reaction score
I hope his knees check out,imo he give me Aasron Donald vibes,we should consider trading up and not missing out .

Aaron Donald is obviously physically very different but could reach that level. I was thinking more Chris Jones or 2017 David Irving with the desire to play.

garyv

Reaction score
Kinlaw is currently sitting out of Sr. Bowl practices because of tendinitis in his knee(s). One story is they are trying to save him since he is a high first round pick, but it seems to me sitting him will cause his stock to drop. A lot of teams will not touch a player with medical issues. LVE was taken off a lot of boards because he wore a neck brae the last few games of his college career after getting a "stinger". The Cowboys are a team that has historically drafted guys with high upside despite medical issues in the hopes those players could recover and play in the future. If Kinlaw has knee issues already, its not like Jaylon Smith who had a knee injury that needs time to heal. A degenerative knee issue means he will miss games and probably have a short career, if that's what it is. I would love Kinlaw to be a Cowboys if he is healthy. But if he has ongoing knee problems, I would pass on him.

Kinlaw is a guy who can produce immediately. I do not want Dallas to draft any undersized guys who need time to gain strength a grow bigger. A first round pick has to play immediately.

Yes the Cowboys will draft players with medical concerns and doobie problems