Kinlaw or trade down

garyv

Reaction score
there has been rumors going around that he has a serious knee problem,i personally am skeptical about the rumors but the Combine check up should clear it up.

Do you remember LVE the same thing floating around at combine that he had neck issues but the doctors cleared him and you know whats going on with that. Usually if something is floating there might be some truth too it

conner01

Reaction score
The problem for me is always Henry Ruggs and do you want to pass on him and watch him go to Philly.

I think if Chaisson is there I would make the pick as well. To much upside at a premium position to pass on.

If we're drafting one of these safeties then I think moving down is a must.
Chaisson is growing on me

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If Kinlaw makes it to Dallas' pick, you have to wonder why.

Given the fact he is not going to work out, that tells me his injury concerns are very real.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If Kinlaw makes it to Dallas' pick, you have to wonder why.

Given the fact he is not going to work out, that tells me his injury concerns are very real.

This...Id be hesitant to take him unless I know the medical are flawless.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know I'm a minority but DT position is loaded with a lot of FAs, some damn good one too. It's a buyers market, they all will be fairly cheap. With that said, I'm having a hard time seeing 17 used on a DT ( other than Brown)., even if Kinlaw is there. In fact, call me jittery or whatever, but his knee issues scare the hell out of me. Again just me and it's too early but as of now, my 17 would to CB, S, or Edge Rusher

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yep I’m a big fan.. I think he is a steal where people are projecting him to go.

Where's that?

3. K’Lavon Chaisson, LSU (JR, 6'4", 250 pounds)

Chaisson tore his ACL in the 2018 season opener and is one of the younger prospects—he turns 21 at the end of July—in this year's draft class. Displaying outstanding burst and bend around the edge, Chaisson flashes elite pass-rushing reps, but he has lacked consistent sack production despite LSU affording their pass-rushers a high volume of reps on obvious passing downs. That said, he led the team in sacks (6.5) in 2019 and built momentum down the stretch with 4.5 sacks in his final four games. More projection than production at this early point in his development, Chaisson has the elite physical profile to develop into a high-end pass-rusher at the next level

Keep an eye the name Bradley Anae from Utah

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Where's that?

3. K’Lavon Chaisson, LSU (JR, 6'4", 250 pounds)

Chaisson tore his ACL in the 2018 season opener and is one of the younger prospects—he turns 21 at the end of July—in this year's draft class. Displaying outstanding burst and bend around the edge, Chaisson flashes elite pass-rushing reps, but he has lacked consistent sack production despite LSU affording their pass-rushers a high volume of reps on obvious passing downs. That said, he led the team in sacks (6.5) in 2019 and built momentum down the stretch with 4.5 sacks in his final four games. More projection than production at this early point in his development, Chaisson has the elite physical profile to develop into a high-end pass-rusher at the next level

Keep an eye the name Bradley Anae from Utah

We'll see what Catch says, but I think Chaisson is a top 15 player all the way. He'd pry be even higher most other years, but the top of this class is loaded.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I'm a minority but DT position is loaded with a lot of FAs, some damn good one too. It's a buyers market, they all will be fairly cheap. With that said, I'm having a hard time seeing 17 used on a DT ( other than Brown)., even if Kinlaw is there. In fact, call me jittery or whatever, but his knee issues scare the hell out of me. Again just me and it's too early but as of now, my 17 would to CB, S, or Edge Rusher
Signing a FA is the way to go.....if you can afford one. That could be a big if for the Cowboys.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I would actually trade up for Kinlaw ,he is a slam dunk kinda player .If his knees check out i would trade a 2nd Rd pick to move up to get him.He is the missing piece on our D and players like these dont get to FA.
While I agree with you I think Dallas needs a safety and possibly a CB as well. Kinlaw is my number 1 guy I want Dallas to draft.

cnuball21

Reaction score
We'll see what Catch says, but I think Chaisson is a top 15 player all the way. He'd pry be even higher most other years, but the top of this class is loaded.

Does the lack of production not scare you in the top 20? I like the upside, but seems a bit of a risk/reward pick .

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There's nobody worth trading up for at 17, except Ruggs/Reagor. If they're there, just pick one.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's nobody worth trading up for at 17, except Ruggs/Reagor. If they're there, just pick one.
So, you believe The offense needs a #1 WR over a defensive player? I assume you believe they are losing Cooper?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So, you believe The offense needs a #1 WR over a defensive player? I assume you believe they are losing Cooper?
I would rather have a #3 WR over any defensive player who is going to be there at 17.

Slot WR is my #1 priority for this team. The offense badly needs another explosive element.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Does the lack of production not scare you in the top 20? I like the upside, but seems a bit of a risk/reward pick .

The lack of starts and production does introduce a lot of risk, but I am betting on his age. At 20 years old, a lot of football players don't have everything figured out mentally and physically. Tyron's scouting reports coming out of USC at that age mentioned that he lacked strength, for example.

Chaisson's got all the tools, and he's got lots time to put it all together. To continue the Tyron analogy, he had a great rookie season at RT, then he struggled for most of his second year when we shifted him over to the blind side. But by his third year, he emerged as the Tyron we all know at LT, and he was still just 23 years old.

Similar thing with Tremaine Edmunds, he came into the league at 19 or 20. I don't see a lot of Bills games living in Texas, but I keep an eye on Edmunds when I do because he was a draft crush of mine. It looks like he's been doing well.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised with our options at 17.

This draft is solid at OT and with the QBs and WRs going early I like our chances at a good defender.

I think if CeeDee Lamb is there at 17, he is going to be the pick.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The lack of starts and production does introduce a lot of risk, but I am betting on his age. At 20 years old, a lot of football players don't have everything figured out mentally and physically. Tyron's scouting reports coming out of USC at that age mentioned that he lacked strength, for example.

Chaisson's got all the tools, and he's got lots time to put it all together. To continue the Tyron analogy, he had a great rookie season at RT, then he struggled for most of his second year when we shifted him over to the blind side. But by his third year, he emerged as the Tyron we all know at LT, and he was still just 23 years old.

Similar thing with Tremaine Edmunds, he came into the league at 19 or 20. I don't see a lot of Bills games living in Texas, but I keep an eye on Edmunds when I do because he was a draft crush of mine. It looks like he's been doing well.

I like the age as well, but the difference is Edmunds had back to back seasons with 100* tackles and 14+ TFL.

I’m fine with a player being raw, but I’d still like to see more production.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There will be quite a few good players at 17. I think you take the player there that you know will start and make an impact. If you trade down, how sure are you about them. Start for sure and be just solid, but no real impact.

I think with FA done right, you take the 1st round starter. And if there is a player there you still like, with the depth you can still get a player in the 2nd round.
If there is a player you really like, then go for the trade up. Better wasting a later round pick for a player in the late 1st or early 2nd, then just using it for a PS type player.

I am all for only drafting 5 players, but we get a 1st, and 2 2nd round picks. It also depends on FA, if we lose enough to get 4 comp picks next year. Then go for the trade up even if we trade a few picks next year.

dfense

Reaction score
I'm a firm believer you use high picks for the trenches unless the guy is a difference maker. Having said that, I'm cool with a safety at 17 because DT position is deep in this draft.