Kiper Big Board 11/9/17

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Click the link for commentary (ESPN Insider)....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/i...osh-rosen-ucla-bruins-sam-darnold-usc-trojans

Note: One asterisk denotes the player is a junior, and two asterisks denote the player is a redshirt sophomore for the 2017 season.

1. *Saquon Barkley RB Penn St.
2. *Josh Rosen QB UCLA
3. **Derwin James S Florida St.
4. *Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama
5. **Sam Darnold QB USC

6. *Josh Allen QB Wyoming
7. Bradley Chubb DE North Carolina St.
8. *Arden Key OLB LSU
9. *Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame
10. *Rashaan Evans ILB Alabama

11. Harold Landry OLB Boston College
12. **Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson
13. Mike McGlinchey T Notre Dame
14. *Orlando Brown T Oklahoma
15. *Calvin Ridley WR Alabama

16. *Connor Williams T Texas
17. *Ronald Jones II RB USC
18. *Christian Wilkins DL Clemson
19. Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
20. *Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado

21. *Denzel Ward CB Ohio St.
22. *Josh Jackson CB Iowa
23. *Vita Vea DT Washington
24. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo OLB Oklahoma
25. Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota St.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
3. **Derwin James S Florida St.
4. *Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama
Either would be a dream pick but will go way too high for us.

7. Bradley Chubb DE North Carolina St.
Same, played himself out of our range.

9. *Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame
Some would cry overkill but solves a lot of problems and is probably the most NFL-ready player in college.

11. Harold Landry OLB Boston College
12. **Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson
Yes to either. Tyrone Crawford at DE is ehhh and his contract is worse.

17. *Ronald Jones II RB USC
Was hoping he would slip to 2nd. The "Texas Tesla" home run threat would be ideal compliment to Zeke.

21. *Denzel Ward CB Ohio St.
I know how much you love corners but he's been making plays all year for the Buckeyes. I was disappointed that he's only 5'10".

8. *Arden Key OLB LSU
He's the player I'm most worried about. He's going to slip due to some off-field stuff and I could see Jerry justifying the pick.

Hardline

Reaction score
I have no idea where the Cowboys will eventually pick but if Josh Allen is on the board I would take him. I'm not sold on Dak even though I like him a lot. At the very least it would bring competition to the position.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I have no idea where the Cowboys will eventually pick but if Josh Allen is on the board I would take him. I'm not sold on Dak even though I like him a lot. At the very least it would bring competition to the position.
:rolleyes: Yeah draft a qb in round 1. Worst fanbase in the nfl by FAR

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Yeah. I guess you can have too many good QBs. If Allen out performs Dak and becomes an elite franchise QB you'll be all in that worse fan base in the world.
The whole scenario you speak of is just ignorant. If josh Allen isn’t any good then what? We just made the dumbest draft pick in nfl history. Embarrassing hot takes

Hardline

Reaction score
The whole scenario you speak of is just ignorant. If josh Allen isn’t any good then what? We just made the dumbest draft pick in nfl history. Embarrassing hot takes
What if he's the next Aaron Rodgers?
I can play the "what if" game too." But my "what ifs" are usually right on the money

Hardline

Reaction score
You don’t understand how the draft works, nor how locker rooms/teams work. Carry on though
I've forgotten more about the draft than you ever knew. As a former player I know exactly how a locker room /teams work. You wanna keep looking foolish?
Let's see a show of hands that think players don't benefit from competition or would turn down a chance at a better QB.

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
Either would be a dream pick but will go way too high for us.

Same, played himself out of our range.

Some would cry overkill but solves a lot of problems and is probably the most NFL-ready player in college.

Yes to either. Tyrone Crawford at DE is ehhh and his contract is worse.

Was hoping he would slip to 2nd. The "Texas Tesla" home run threat would be ideal compliment to Zeke.

I know how much you love corners but he's been making plays all year for the Buckeyes. I was disappointed that he's only 5'10".

He's the player I'm most worried about. He's going to slip due to some off-field stuff and I could see Jerry justifying the pick.

If Arden Key falls to the Cowboys I would be thrilled.

Plankton

Reaction score

Allen hasn't completed better than 56% of his passes playing in a spread offense. I think the guy is a bust waiting to happen - you can't be that inaccurate and play at a high level in the NFL these days.

Reaction score
I have a feeling that this draft is going to lack depth all over the place. Strategy will be very interesting this time around.
I read somewhere that this may be the second worst draft in a decade. I believe the article said only 2013 was worse.

Not a good year to have 4 extra draft picks.

Plankton

Reaction score
In 2009, one of the worse draft classes I can recall, GM Jerry kept trading down, acquiring more picks.

Yeah, Jerry is special that way.

To me, if you can bundle to move up and get a Quenton Nelson, a Bradley Chubb, or a Derwin James, you do it. If you play the let the draft come to you game, then you seriously need to consider punting to next year. The depth just doesn't look like it's there this year.