Kiper - Grade A Draft

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/i...fl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-plays-gm-all-32-teams

i

Dallas Cowboys
Round 2 (58): Gerald Willis III, DT, Miami (FL)
Round 3 (90): Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor

Round 3 (90): Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor

Like the Browns, the Cowboys got a star receiver for their first-round pick, and they're thrilled. Amari Cooper instantly made them a playoff contender last season. But their roster does have a couple of holes, particularly at safety and defensive tackle. Dallas' problem is that there could be a run on safeties at the top of Round 2, which means it could miss out on guys like Juan Thornhill, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson and Deionte Thompson. Jerry Jones & Co. can then move on to address the other need, taking Willis, a powerful tackle who had 18 tackles for loss last season.

Hurd is a 6-foot-5 wide receiver who played running back at Tennessee before playing a season at Baylor. He has an intriguing size/speed skill set, though he's still learning the position.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Hurd must be really good, he gets drafted twice with the same pick........I'm not sure we can continue to ignore the safety position......we're now doing with the DL what Jerry used to do with the TE position in the past.

conner01

Reaction score
If the safeties are gone I could see Willis
I want to see people freak out later when we take a CB

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If the safeties are gone I could see Willis
I want to see people freak out later when we take a CB
I can't see Willis unless the cupboard is completely bare at 90 AND we decided to reach for need.

There is no way on earth anyone can convince me based on his tape that he is worthy of a pick inside the top 100 of this draft.

Anyone that likes him in our range of picks is drafting for DT need without considering BPA amongst our other "needs".

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This wasn't Mel's guess at who they will pick. It was him doing the picking and what would earn them an A.

Of course he's right. Shuffle your board accordingly.

Alexander

Reaction score
This wasn't Mel's guess at who they will pick. It was him doing the picking and what would earn them an A.

Of course he's right. Shuffle your board accordingly.
If Kiper thinks Willis is among the top 58 in this draft, well, it just harkens back to the days when he deemed Rex Grossman and Jimmy Clausen could play.

He needs to start watching players more intently. Otherwise, he might have to get taken out back and shot.

Sydla

Reaction score
The best part....... he says today that this would be an A draft for Dallas but three weeks from now, if they picked these guys Kiper would then give them a B-.

Alexander

Reaction score
The best part....... he says today that this would be an A draft for Dallas but three weeks from now, if they picked these guys Kiper would then give them a B-.
That is because his "big board" will have massive fluctuations over the next two weeks.