Kiper has us draft .....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3248202 said:
more like 110

get off it Texas homers!

I'm a big Texas homer and do not think McCoy will go in rd 1 or 2. I think he like Tebow do have certain question marks and would be a risk pick in day 1 of the draft. I will say while they may pose a risk as a high draft pick I would not be shocked if they were able to have good NFL careers. Last time I checked the scouts did not think much of Romo while the likes of Jamal Russell was being raved about

RS12

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3248046 said:
I'm a big Colt fans but I have not seen anyone who feels he should be drafted in the 1st rd. I have seen many who think 2nd rd would be too high.

I would be suprised if he went RD1 or 2. I see a glorified Jeff Garcia. I dont think the NC game helped his cause very much. He will get hit alot harder than that in the pros.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
RS12;3248226 said:
I would be suprised if he went RD1 or 2. I see a glorified Jeff Garcia. I dont think the NC game helped his cause very much. He will get hit alot harder than that in the pros.

I think you are giving him way to much credit comparing him to Jeff Garcia.

Marktui

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3248044 said:
NFL network has us taking Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa

Looks like the early consensus is OL for the Cowboys

It will be interesting to see what the philosophy of this years draft will be. For too long we have neglected drafting Oline and WR high in the draft. Hopefully JJ has seen the light and draft some big time talent at those positions for the future.

tko112204

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3248215 said:
I'm a big Texas homer and do not think McCoy will go in rd 1 or 2. I think he like Tebow do have certain question marks and would be a risk pick in day 1 of the draft. I will say while they may pose a risk as a high draft pick I would not be shocked if they were able to have good NFL careers. Last time I checked the scouts did not think much of Romo while the likes of Jamal Russell was being raved about

Funny you say that about Russell, I've heard more than once that the Raiders were the only ones that had him with a grade higher than Round 3. Makes you grateful that we have the Owner/GM we do, and not the one they do. Jeff Garcia is a good comparison IMO as McCoy played like Garcia in college. Problem is Garcia played like that in pros. Smart, gritty, resourceful. It will be interesting to see if McCoy can show those same traits in the NFL. The National Championship Game had to hurt his stock somewhat, as there were already questions about his build and ability to withstand NFL punishment.

DFWJC

Reaction score
TheKey;3247705 said:
There is no way that Colt McCoy makes it out of the first round.
Very good chance, imo.

Still, I think he will play QB in the NFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Marktui;3248232 said:
It will be interesting to see what the philosophy of this years draft will be. For too long we have neglected drafting Oline and WR high in the draft. Hopefully JJ has seen the light and draft some big time talent at those positions for the future.

I know Houston Sports writer John McClain was telling me this is a great draft for safeties. I do agree if there is a top OL sitting there at out pick I would take him however I would not reach for one just to say we got one.

DFWJC

Reaction score
ms9221;3248123 said:
Personaly I rather take the Assume Left Tacle of Iowa Bryan Bulaga 6/6 330IBS and plays with his Nasty streek. He was assume and dominated all the DE's that he face.
I guess so...me too. But most don't think he'll be there at 27.

Reaction score
I agree with dawgs0916..Tate would to wonders for the O..
I think we should target a guy like Fox from Miami in the 2nd

Dartball Maniac

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3248490 said:
Bulaga or Davis I want.

I'm guessing most mocks drafts will have an OL with that #27th pick... I have not totally decided which way I want to go, I've still got a few month to figure it out!!:starspin

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
any mock thathas dallas drafting a OL or WR in round 1 is a joke. as we've learned yr after yr. dallas wouldnt pick a OL in the 1st round unless he was probably the top prospect overall

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;3248206 said:
Bruce Campbell is a heck of a talent

Evil Dead I and II were amazing.
:bow: I was going to use that one, but you beat me to it.

And if we draft this guy over Mike Iupati that would be a huge mistake. I prefer people with a lot more starting experience than Bruce Campbell. Especially in the 1st round. I doubt our scouts would be that stupid though. They seem pretty competent at what they do.

The Realist

Reaction score
LatinMind;3248523 said:
any mock thathas dallas drafting a OL or WR in round 1 is a joke. as we've learned yr after yr. dallas wouldnt pick a OL in the 1st round unless he was probably the top prospect overall

Correct...........

Last time we took OL in one was 1989.

I believe we would have taken Shawn Andrews had he fallen to us.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3247772 said:
Bruce Campbell has huge bust factor.

Only started 17 games, injured and reportedly not to bright.

Compared to Kwame Harris and Alex Barron.

I compare him DA Brick Ferguson - thet got the same body types will he be at 27 I say no way

Strengths:
Prototypical length and frame
Athletic freak
Displays good flexibility
Smooth, fluid hips
Outstanding ability to adjust, mirror, and recover
Elite agility and speed
Great in pass protection
Nice awareness; head on swivel and picks up blitz
Good hands; extends and locks on
Light on his feet
Instinctual
Solid run blocker
Love his footwork
Ridiculously high upside
Room to develop strength and body mass
Elite skill set
Weaknesses:
Inexperienced - only 17 career starts
Too upright in pass protection
Natural knee bender?
Plays with narrow base
Legit durability concerns

Summary: Consider Bruce Campbell the Jason Smith of the 2010 NFL Draft class. His stock will be soaring through the roof once we get to the Combine, however, he is more of a natural pass protector than Smith. With more experience, he could become a Pro Bowl left tackle at the next level. Of course, you have to consider his long list of injuries, but he'll likely be taken in the top 16 picks.

Player Comparison: Branden Albert. Albert and Campbell have great physical tools, but I think Campbell is more of a natural left tackle.

The Realist

Reaction score
UR the only one comparing him to Ferguson.

Stupid, lazy, fragile, inexperienced, not aggressive, lack of fundamentals, lack of dedication.

Trust me.....if Lacewell was still around we would be trading up for this guy.

Wreaks of Tony Dixon, Blade, Stewart.

tko112204

Reaction score
Personally, and I know it's against many trains of thought, but I would really like Iupati with #27. We can find a RT tackle somewhere other than Rd 1 and I really think the team believes in Doug Free as the LT of the future. (Wow, I've said that a lot tonight) If we find a beast G like Iupati, who many think could start from Day 1, then the whole offensive line looks a lot better either next year if Flo is deemed to be less effective than Free, or the year after at the latest.

Free Iupati Gurode Davis RT X

That looks younger, more athletic and less likely to break down. Perfect scenario is Brewster or Bright prove to be capable RT in two years and our OL is basically rebuilt with 1 more draft pick. I also believe we can get one more year out of a fully healed and conditioned Columbo. I know that's optimistic, but I don't think that's been outlawed around here. Yet.