Kiper Invitational chatter

Pape

Reaction score
The New England Draft - New England has three of four key areas that need to be addressed.
  • Defensive Backfield: McCourty and Chung are good safeties, and are under contract (2019, 2018 respectively). Malcolm Butler is gone, and there is a glaring need for a top flight CB. If you saw the Super Bowl, you might have noticed that.
  • Linebackers - Hightower, Van Noy & Who? yeah, light at the position and a real lack of depth showed. Felt this was important to address.
  • OT - Solder might be gone in free agency, but I'm hoping the Pats will keep him. That would provide them enough time to work out a long term solution via the draft.
  • QB - Brady is GOAT. But even GOATs retire eventually.
Round 1, Pick 15 - Moved up from 31 to 15, Traded 2018 31 & 43
Pick: Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa, Height: 6-1. Weight: 192.
What I see: Size to match up with the taller NFL receivers. Speed is good, for a larger corner.... Ability to get on top and take away some of the jump ball throws larger receivers use to feast on smaller corners.... Has good eyes, and has good situational awareness.... Moves well towards the ball, but could be more fluid. Some of his slower transitions let receivers open up space...
What "they" say:
2/17/18: In speaking with a director of college scouting, they had Jackson as the highest-graded cornerback for the 2018 NFL Draft. It is easy to understand why Jackson is held in such high esteem as he had tremendous ball production in 2017 with eight interceptions and 18 passes broken up to go along with 48 tackles. Evaluators like Jackson's size to go along with his speed and athleticism. On top of his skill set and being a ballhawk, Jackson is an intelligent and disciplined defender. With his skill set and production, Jackson could be the first cornerback off the board in the 2018 NFL Draft. Read more: http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2018CB.php#ixzz58KuIT12m

Round 2, Pick 41 - traded to move up to 15 to get Joshua Jackson, CB Iowa

Round 2, Pick 63
Pick: Darius Leonard, OLB, South Carolina State, Height: 6-2. Weight: 229.
What I see: Speed.... plays from sideline to sideline... Little bit shorter/lighter than preferred, has room on his frame to bulk up preferably into the 240 range... Moves well... won't be able to run over outside blockers like in college.... Can get to the outside on backs trying to turn the corner.... plays quick, good feet, good transitions... needs better technique, refinement to get around NFL caliber OTs... Good eyes... stays on assignment, follows plays; good motor... "does his job"
What "they" say:
Scouting sources told me that Leonard really impressed them during the fall. He flew around the field, producing a lot for his defense. Leonard amassed 113 tackles with eight tackles for a loss, eight sacks, one pass batted, two interceptions and one forced fumble in 2017. He has a knack for making plays behind the line of scrimmage as he totaled 42 tackles for a loss with 13.5 sacks combined over his freshman, sophomore and junior years. Leonard has NFL size and dominated his level of competition. He was impressive at the Senior Bowl, showing pass-coverage ability while also running sideline-to-sideline in the ground game. Read more: http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2018OLB.php#ixzz58KytIUmd

Round 3, Pick 95
Pick: Geron Christian, OT, Louisville, Height: 6-6. Weight: 314.
What I see: Love his Size... 300+ & doesn't play fat... Athletic with QUICK Feet! Has some issues with speed on the edge based on posture.... Needs to be able to turn better... coaching up his stance will help that... plays too narrow - has good arm length and flashes some power.... He plays too upright, making some transitions difficult (ie the speed issue).... Would like to see him drive harder/longer.... can show bad form.... Has to learn how to get his hips and shoulders in line... best of the mid range tackles.... Tremendous upside for Scar to work with....
What "they" say:
Christian has athleticism, but is inconsistent and gets pushed around. He struggled at times in 2017, allowing far too much pressure on Lamar Jackson. Christian should have returned to Louisville for his senior year, but he entered the 2018 NFL Draft. // That being said, there are sources who feel that Christian has a good physical skill set with big upside. They say he has lots of tools to work with and impressive athletic ability for a 6-foot-5, 300-pound tackle. They say he has excellent quickness, agility and athleticism. Christian isn't a first-rounder because he gives up some bad pressures. He is slow to redirect back to the inside, counter inside moves, and too often oversets to the outside. // One college scouting director said Christian has terrible technique, is really raw, and needs a lot of work. But he has the skill set to be a starting left tackle in the NFL. Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2018OT.php#zBU2b3LjTrsw2xgu.99

Round 4, Pick 136 (Comp)
Traded for 2018 5th round Pick 166, 2019 4th Rnd Pick from Buffalo
Total "Belichickian" move - Trade back, secure an extra pick for next year... Since I did the Anti-Belichick trade up in round 1, I figured why not... I really wanted DE Dorance Armstrong Jr or DE Josh Sweat at the bottom of round 4, but they got snagged early on in the 4th...

If anyone has questions about the NE Draft, just give me a shout

Plankton

Reaction score
I'll copy to this thread.

San Francisco 49ers
The 49ers had a good close to the season, and appeared to have found their franchise QB in Jimmy Garoppolo, and resigned him to a huge extension to keep him in San Francisco. Even with taking a $37 million cap hit in 2018, the 49ers still have $70+ million in cap room to spend in free agency. They will need it. Despite the good close to the season, this is not a good football team.

The Niners lack talent in nearly every positional group, and were especially bad on defense. In the passing game on defense, they ranked 24th in net yards per attempt allowed. They only had 30 sacks as a team, and forced only 20 turnovers. They routinely provided little resistance to opposing offenses. While they have some nice building blocks in DeForest Buckner and Solomon Thomas up front, there are some questions about the long term future of Reuben Foster, and a potential loss in the secondary of Eric Reid to free agency. Former first rounders Arik Armstead and Jimmie Ward have contributed little due to injury. The defense needs a talent infusion at all three levels, but more than that, needs difference makers.

On offense, with the QB position solved, the 49ers need to add weapons for Garoppolo to thrive. Pierre Garcon is a good possession receiver, and Marquise Goodwin provides a deep threat. Carlos Hyde has been injury prone, and will be a free agent who will likely leave. The offensive line has deteriorated since the salad days of Joe Staley, Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis. TE is a solid position, but they need WR depth as well.

In other words, there weren't many areas that wouldn't benefit from a talent infusion. I went into this exercise looking to add a difference maker and talent to defense, add a running back with pass catching ability, and possibly a wide receiver with run after the catch ability. I leave it to you to decide how I did on those fronts:

1(6) Minkah Fitzpatrick S Alabama - The Jets and I had finalized a trade the night before the draft for the 49ers to move from #10 in the first to #6 in exchange for my second third rounder, #75 overall, and a 2019 3rd rounder. Going into this draft, I saw four real difference makers in the draft pool - Bradley Chubb, Saquon Barkley, Quenton Nelson and Minkah Fitzpatrick. With Fitzpatrick available at 6, to me, this was the play. Fitzpatrick is the ultimate swiss army knife - he can affect the game as a pass defender, as a blitzer, he's a strong tackler with good ball skills. The big question is where to deploy him. I think he's a lot like Jalen Ramsey in terms of versatility, but perhaps without the same top end speed. Regardless, Robert Saleh will have a blast putting this talented player to use. Whether it's replacing Eric Reid at FS or playing corner alongside Akhello Witherspoon, the Niners added a top flight difference maker to their back end.

2(59) Sam Hubbard DE Ohio St.
- As I had mentioned earlier, the Niner defense had needs at all three levels. They only had 30 sacks a season ago, and their high man was Elvis Dumervil with 6.5. They need another threat to enable Thomas and Buckner to be freed up a bit. Enter Sam Hubbard. Hubbard is a terrific athlete who had a lacrosse scholarship to Notre Dame before decommitting to play football at Ohio State. He is very quick off the ball, and has improved his hand work during his stay in Columbus. He is still growing into his frame, but possesses all the tools necessary to develop into a pass rushing threat. He can split time with Dumervil on run downs, and be part of a pass rush package with Dumervil on the outside, and Thomas and Buckner on the inside. Should be a big improvement. I had Hubbard as being an early second round value that I got at the back end of the round. Other considerations would have been James Washington if he had slid further, and Chukwuma Okorafor to bolster the OL, but he also went earlier than my pick.

3(70) Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn - I don't think that Hyde will return to San Francisco - he has been injury prone since entering the NFL, and injury prone runners are not ones to dedicate free agent dollars to. I was keeping my fingers crossed that Johnson would drop to #70, and fortunately he did. Johnson carried Auburn to the SEC title game this year, and was the offensive player of the year in the SEC. Johnson ran with a rugged style, but also developed as a pass receiver this year with 24 catches. After being injured against Alabama, you saw the difference that his presence can make. Auburn went from routing Georgia and beating Alabama with Johnson playing a lead role, to losing to both the Dawgs and Central Florida without him. Johnson is a guy who can lift up the entire offense, and will provide a good weapon for Kyle Shanahan to use with Garoppolo. I had Johnson with a mid second round grade, so I love the value here.

4(128) Jerome Baker OLB Ohio St. - It was an agonizing wait between my selection in the third and the fourth, and a lot of guys dropped off that I was hoping would fall. Lorenzo Carter was my biggest want, but he was gone at the end of the third. R. J. McIntosh was another consideration in the fourth, but Jerome Baker was the highest rated linebacker remaining on my board, and fills a need. Baker is a good run and chase WLB who will fit well in Saleh's defense. Baker can play sideline to sideline, and is very good in coverage. With the bodies upfront, he should be free to utilize his speed to make plays. If Foster remains available, having these two guys side by side in the LB corps puts a lot of speed and playmaking ability on the second level of the defense. I had Baker as an early 4th round value, so it matched up well with his slot.

I did try to trade back into the fourth round to target Deontay Burnett, but was unsuccessful.

Good event overall - most teams did well. Great job by Risen in running this.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I expected Cleveland's draft class wrap up to be available in paperback.
To be fair, He had a heckofalotta picks, I helped in that regard with My trading up to 4 with 12 and two 3's and a 4.

I had 2 main goals going in, improve the OL and get a major weapon to build an offense around.
I wanted one of two Guys, Nelson, a slam dunk on the OL and Saq, a difference making RB.
As soon as Nelson went, I resolved to trade up for Saq, I found a partner in Cleveland and the cost wasn't exorbitant, so I pulled the trigger.
Okafor was the best OL remaining on My board and I was happy to see Him in the 2nd, no brainer.
As the Bungles new GM, I also plan to give Nate Solder the contract My predecessor should have given to Andrew Whitworth.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll copy to this thread.

San Francisco 49ers
The 49ers had a good close to the season, and appeared to have found their franchise QB in Jimmy Garoppolo, and resigned him to a huge extension to keep him in San Francisco. Even with taking a $37 million cap hit in 2018, the 49ers still have $70+ million in cap room to spend in free agency. They will need it. Despite the good close to the season, this is not a good football team.

The Niners lack talent in nearly every positional group, and were especially bad on defense. In the passing game on defense, they ranked 24th in net yards per attempt allowed. They only had 30 sacks as a team, and forced only 20 turnovers. They routinely provided little resistance to opposing offenses. While they have some nice building blocks in DeForest Buckner and Solomon Thomas up front, there are some questions about the long term future of Reuben Foster, and a potential loss in the secondary of Eric Reid to free agency. Former first rounders Arik Armstead and Jimmie Ward have contributed little due to injury. The defense needs a talent infusion at all three levels, but more than that, needs difference makers.

On offense, with the QB position solved, the 49ers need to add weapons for Garoppolo to thrive. Pierre Garcon is a good possession receiver, and Marquise Goodwin provides a deep threat. Carlos Hyde has been injury prone, and will be a free agent who will likely leave. The offensive line has deteriorated since the salad days of Joe Staley, Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis. TE is a solid position, but they need WR depth as well.

In other words, there weren't many areas that wouldn't benefit from a talent infusion. I went into this exercise looking to add a difference maker and talent to defense, add a running back with pass catching ability, and possibly a wide receiver with run after the catch ability. I leave it to you to decide how I did on those fronts:

1(6) Minkah Fitzpatrick S Alabama - The Jets and I had finalized a trade the night before the draft for the 49ers to move from #10 in the first to #6 in exchange for my second third rounder, #75 overall, and a 2019 3rd rounder. Going into this draft, I saw four real difference makers in the draft pool - Bradley Chubb, Saquon Barkley, Quenton Nelson and Minkah Fitzpatrick. With Fitzpatrick available at 6, to me, this was the play. Fitzpatrick is the ultimate swiss army knife - he can affect the game as a pass defender, as a blitzer, he's a strong tackler with good ball skills. The big question is where to deploy him. I think he's a lot like Jalen Ramsey in terms of versatility, but perhaps without the same top end speed. Regardless, Robert Saleh will have a blast putting this talented player to use. Whether it's replacing Eric Reid at FS or playing corner alongside Akhello Witherspoon, the Niners added a top flight difference maker to their back end.

2(59) Sam Hubbard DE Ohio St.
- As I had mentioned earlier, the Niner defense had needs at all three levels. They only had 30 sacks a season ago, and their high man was Elvis Dumervil with 6.5. They need another threat to enable Thomas and Buckner to be freed up a bit. Enter Sam Hubbard. Hubbard is a terrific athlete who had a lacrosse scholarship to Notre Dame before decommitting to play football at Ohio State. He is very quick off the ball, and has improved his hand work during his stay in Columbus. He is still growing into his frame, but possesses all the tools necessary to develop into a pass rushing threat. He can split time with Dumervil on run downs, and be part of a pass rush package with Dumervil on the outside, and Thomas and Buckner on the inside. Should be a big improvement. I had Hubbard as being an early second round value that I got at the back end of the round. Other considerations would have been James Washington if he had slid further, and Chukwuma Okorafor to bolster the OL, but he also went earlier than my pick.

3(70) Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn - I don't think that Hyde will return to San Francisco - he has been injury prone since entering the NFL, and injury prone runners are not ones to dedicate free agent dollars to. I was keeping my fingers crossed that Johnson would drop to #70, and fortunately he did. Johnson carried Auburn to the SEC title game this year, and was the offensive player of the year in the SEC. Johnson ran with a rugged style, but also developed as a pass receiver this year with 24 catches. After being injured against Alabama, you saw the difference that his presence can make. Auburn went from routing Georgia and beating Alabama with Johnson playing a lead role, to losing to both the Dawgs and Central Florida without him. Johnson is a guy who can lift up the entire offense, and will provide a good weapon for Kyle Shanahan to use with Garoppolo. I had Johnson with a mid second round grade, so I love the value here.

4(128) Jerome Baker OLB Ohio St. - It was an agonizing wait between my selection in the third and the fourth, and a lot of guys dropped off that I was hoping would fall. Lorenzo Carter was my biggest want, but he was gone at the end of the third. R. J. McIntosh was another consideration in the fourth, but Jerome Baker was the highest rated linebacker remaining on my board, and fills a need. Baker is a good run and chase WLB who will fit well in Saleh's defense. Baker can play sideline to sideline, and is very good in coverage. With the bodies upfront, he should be free to utilize his speed to make plays. If Foster remains available, having these two guys side by side in the LB corps puts a lot of speed and playmaking ability on the second level of the defense. I had Baker as an early 4th round value, so it matched up well with his slot.

I did try to trade back into the fourth round to target Deontay Burnett, but was unsuccessful.

Good event overall - most teams did well. Great job by Risen in running this.

You had 3 players I considered taking.
Minkah I was going to take but you took just before me.
Considered Hubbard for my DE but was hoping he would slide to the third so I took OT Miller in the 2nd. And I was strongly going to take K.Johnson in the third round but went with DE Duke from Wake Forest.

Suffice to say I like your draft picks.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
CAROLINA PANTHER draft

Needs to be addressed via draft or free agency:

• Wide receiver—this is a critical need
  • Secondary---need to continue to upgrade these groups
  • Defensive End—they just cut Charles Johnson and Peppers is old
  • Defensive tackle depth or starter—they expect to lose a starter in FA here
  • Interior oline depth—they get guys back from injury but could use depth or even a starter here
  • TE if Olsen can't get healthy

Starting picks: 24, 55, 85, 88

After two trades, I ended up with picks: 24, 49, 85, 114, 133

Round 1 pick 24:

Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

Very talented, smooth, physical and aggressive cover corner. A true "press" corner.
I think he still needs some polishing, but liked the value enough here to take him at 24.

This also fills a team need.

Round 2, pick 49:

James Washington, WR, Oklahoma St

Vertical talent with great ball tracking skills and acceleration.
He should complement the tall, rangy Devin Funchess well and may end up the team's #1.

A huge need pick with value as well. Many mocks I looked at had the Panthers taking him in the first round, so getting him a full round later was nice.

Round 3, pick 85

Hayden Hurst, TE, S. Carolina

Not too many weaknesses in this guy's game. Very good at separating and making the catch in or out of traffic. A willing and physical blocker and strong runner after the catch.

Will not be surprised if Hurst goes late in the 1st round and almost certainly no later than the 2nd. With Olsen having a very hard time staying on the field the last two years, and with Carolina not afraid of using two TEs a times, Hurst will see the field a lot this year . I considered taking Austin Corbett here but just couldn't pass up this perceived value.

Round 4, pick 114

Chad Thomas, DE, Miami

This guy has everything physically and talent-wise to be a star. 6'6", 275, with power and agility. So athletic he can go from speed or power rush to coverage with that size.

A negative is that some do wonder if his heart is fully in because he's supposedly an extremely talented musician. He claims it's no problem at all, and getting a freak like this at pick 114 is worth that risk for me. He is projected my most for the 2nd or 3rd round..usually in the 60s.

DE is a very big need for Carolina, so this fit for me both for need and value.

Round 4, pick 133

RJ McIntosh, DT, Miami

6'4" 293. "Rocky" the explosion and power to penetrate gaps from the inside and agility to bend off the edge. The Panthers need some depth and versatility on the defensive interior, so I like McIntosh this late in the draft. I consider taking either Chad Thomas (who I took), McIntosh or Desean Elliott at 114. So I was happy that McIntosh was still there at 133.
I made 3 trade offers to jump up and get Washington

I gave Risen a very similar offer to yours but he didn't tell me to sweeten the pot

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Lord Mara has sent me to trumpet the success of his organization prior to his monthly pilgrimage to Hades.

What he doesn't want you to know is that this team needs a lot of help. The OL is a complete mess, Eli's eyeing the couch and only one of out their four top LB's are under contract for the upcoming season. The DL is talented though a bit long in the tooth and the secondary, albeit talented on paper, hates each other. We need to get some RKG's into the fold but weigh current talent along the way.

That starts with turning the #2 pick into multiple picks to address all the holes. We also picked up an additional 3rd rounder in 2019 from Buffalo and hope the worst for them this year.

1(21) Lamar Jackson QB Louisville

Is he a franchise QB? His athleticism at the position is elite and not seen since Michael Vick. His accuracy and footwork will be honed while the offense will be geared towards his talent with additional pass/run options worked into the playbook. Even if we find he's not a QB, he's a special athlete and we can always find a way to use him to our advantage.

1(22) Connor Williams T Texas

Flowers is an awful LT. Williams struggled with injuries this last year, but he's the best hope for a replacement and checks all the boxes on what you look for in a franchise tackle. He's scheme-diverse and can kick over to the opposing tackle side or inside if he struggles with the speed, but we think he'll do just fine.

2(34) Ronald Jones RB USC

Lightning in a bottle. Hopefully this year's version of Alvin Kamara. He's a 10-15 carry kind of guy who we will work extensively to hone in the passing game as he should be able to excel in it, but wasn't required to at USC. Will pair in the backfield as a change of pace guy.

2(53) Frank Ragnow C Arkansas

Arguably the best center in the draft. No-nonsense guy with good character who will fit in with the lunch-pail mentality we're looking to build into the team.

3(66) Josey Jewell ILB Iowa

A vocal leader who just makes tackles. Not an athletic specimen but just seems to be in the right space at the right time. Your Mike starter day one and learn through the growing pains.

3(96) Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia

Freak athlete who hasn't produced as much as his triangle numbers say he should. Will likely shoot up boards after the combine. Will be a situational pass rusher at first and can hopefully be a good Will with the size and speed to match up with TE's.

4(102) Tegray Scales ILB Indiana

Did nothing but make tackles in the Big Ten. Great character, won't wow you with measurables, but like Jewell, was always in the right place at the right time. With hope, will command the SLB and give us our future LB corps with Jewell/Carter.

4(135) Brendan Mahon G Penn St.

Blocked the way at tackle for the best player in the draft in Barkley. Will kick inside for us and command an OG spot as his run-blocking is on point, but pass protection and handling the speed is why he's available this late.

That would make me shudder as a Cowboy fan.
Jackson is such a wild card for me, his tools are amazing, think he is more accurate than the numbers but how much more is the question. Worth the gamble in my book.
Scales, Jewell and Jones are great picks!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Baltimore Ravens (Nightman)
1(16) Orlando Brown T Oklahoma
2(52) Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma
3(83) Marcell Ateman WR Oklahoma St.
4(116) Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio St.

Remaining Selections - 5(154), 6(190), 6(215)

Original Selections - 1(16), 2(52), 3(83), 4(116), 5(154), 6(190), 6(215)

I think I filled 3 Needs with 3 BPAs...... my first 3 have all been seen in the Top30 in various guides

Once Ateman jumps 42'' at the Combine he will skyrocket up the charts at 6'4'' and 220
Orlando Jr is a perfect legacy fit
Mark Andrews puts another weapon on the field at a need since Todd Heap
JHolmes was a CZ pick but I was fine with it.....might have gone Kiser the LB from UVA

DFWJC

Reaction score
I made 3 trade offers to jump up and get Washington

I gave Risen a very similar offer to yours but he didn't tell me to sweeten the pot
Our was a pretty even trade by the chart.
Once Washington started falling, I figured Dallas would grab him, so I figured with two 3s, I could move up and swap a 3 for a 4.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys (Questfor6)
1(19) Marcus Davenport DE UTSA-This pick will be scrutinized by most but you can never win being the Cowboys GM in this. This pick came down to Davenport, Hurst, & Wynn, I like all 3 players just think Davenport has Ziggy Ansah like freakish abilities.

2(50) Anthony Miller WR Memphis-I started round 2 eyeing Billy Price or James Daniels to play left guard. I debated a move up but decided not to part with picks, they both went off the board and that left me eyeing Washington or Miller. Carolina traded up in front of me for Washington so Miller was a no brainer for me. This kid has Antonio Brown like ability.

3(81) Kyzir White S West Virginia-Being a WVU season ticket holder I've seen this kid a ton. If Byron is moved down to corner Kyzir is perfect fit for this team

(119) Trenton Thompson DT Georgia- This pick was between Thompson & Senat. Thompson does have some inconstancy in his play but when he gets it rolling he's a one man wrecking crew which Marinelli loves.

4(137) Mark Walton RB Miami-This kid is electric, he's like a mix of Sproles & Dion Lewis to me. He missed all of last season with an injury but is good to go for the combine.

All in all I like this draft for Dallas but would've loved to got a guard at some point but it didn't work out.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
The Saints were handicapped by not having a second round pick. By far the number one goal coming in was to draft the QB of the future. Really thought Lamar Jackson would slide to me and we would pounce, hoping he is Deshaun Watson 2.0. Alas the QB’s went early as always and again, I didn’t have the ammo to move up.
Once QB was off the board I either wanted a LB or a safety. Went with the kid from Boise. He is going to kill the combine and move way up draft boards. He will be the most athletic MLB the Saints have had forever and should be a 3 down player from day 1.
In the third I took the Penn St. TE. Good value at the end of the third. Should start sooner rather than later and gives that offense another weapon.

cowboyec

Reaction score
titans draft re-cap....the who and the why.
round 1-Harold Landry,DE/LB-Boston College....fills the titans biggest need...an edge rusher.Coach Vrabel is gonna LOVE this dude and who knows what evil they can conjure up.

round 2-Marcus Allen,S-Penn St....after Edge rusher....S was a priority.It was close but I choose Allen over Justin Reid because of Allen's physicality....the titans have a all-world S with Reids skill set already....but Allen gives the back end of this defense some toughness.

round 3-Austin Corbett,G-Nevada...with BOTH OGs set to hit f/a,this was a MAJOR get....he can also play OT.With Corbett in tow,now the pressure to sign both is off a lil.

round 4-Deadrin Senat,DT-S Florida....at 322IBS,titans get a solid NT with tremendous up-side.
with Landry,Senat and Allen...each level of titans got a play-maker.

Im biased....but titans got better....I think.
I jumped the gun and posted mine earlier in the thread.

Pape

Reaction score
i sent in my grades to risen as requested.

If anyone wants, I wrote up a small summary (in some cases very small) of each teams picks. I'd be willing to share via pm. Not going to post any on the boards, but if anyone is interested, let me know.

As for the new england draft, if anyone else has done the same, please feel free to send via pm. Promise it wont change my opinions of anyone lol. Just would like an honest opinion or ten.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys (Questfor6)
1(19) Marcus Davenport DE UTSA-This pick will be scrutinized by most but you can never win being the Cowboys GM in this. This pick came down to Davenport, Hurst, & Wynn, I like all 3 players just think Davenport has Ziggy Ansah like freakish abilities.

2(50) Anthony Miller WR Memphis-I started round 2 eyeing Billy Price or James Daniels to play left guard. I debated a move up but decided not to part with picks, they both went off the board and that left me eyeing Washington or Miller. Carolina traded up in front of me for Washington so Miller was a no brainer for me. This kid has Antonio Brown like ability.

3(81) Kyzir White S West Virginia-Being a WVU season ticket holder I've seen this kid a ton. If Byron is moved down to corner Kyzir is perfect fit for this team

(119) Trenton Thompson DT Georgia- This pick was between Thompson & Senat. Thompson does have some inconstancy in his play but when he gets it rolling he's a one man wrecking crew which Marinelli loves.

4(137) Mark Walton RB Miami-This kid is electric, he's like a mix of Sproles & Dion Lewis to me. He missed all of last season with an injury but is good to go for the combine.

All in all I like this draft for Dallas but would've loved to got a guard at some point but it didn't work out.
I love the player but hate the pick

Unless we trade DLaw and send the pick to SEA for EThomas

Pape

Reaction score
I like the write ups everyone is providing. I may not agree with all the selections made, but its very interesting to see why guys targeted the players that they did.

and to the gm's out there, if you haven't, take a few minutes to grade out the draft and send to risen.