Kiper: Kyle Pitts is my highest graded TE ever

Beaker42

Reaction score
To effectively use Pitts you got to line him up all over the field to create mismatches. Problem is, who are you taking off the field: Cooper, Lamb, Gallup to do this?
LOL - none of them. He gets their 1 then CeeDee and Coop and Gallup have career days.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah I'd have to dig out my old books but I'm pretty positive he had Manning at 1. I know this because I had Leaf over Manning.

Biggest miss I've ever made obviously but how the heck was I supposed to know how immature he was back then? It wasn't like the coverage we have today.

I was with you on Manning. He could not beat Florida. Hell it took him his entire career to beat NE for that matter.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now Jimmy Clausen? That's one Mel would like to have back. That was a horrific evaluation.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Please define “same thing” because I’m positive none of the 42 TE’s on our roster can do the “same thing” as Pitts.
That's because most of what he did in college is just what WRs do in the NFL.

RS12

Reaction score
Yeah I'd have to dig out my old books but I'm pretty positive he had Manning at 1. I know this because I had Leaf over Manning.

Biggest miss I've ever made obviously but how the heck was I supposed to know how immature he was back then? It wasn't like the coverage we have today.
No he did his top 25 last Saturday on his ESPN radio show. It was Elway and then Manning. He admitted the Leaf whiff but he had two bigger ones. Andre Ware and Heath Schuler.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No he did his top 25 last Saturday on his ESPN radio show. It was Elway and then Manning. He admitted the Leaf whiff but he had two bigger ones. Andre Ware and Heath Schuler.

I meant #1 in that draft class.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Let's don't get carried away, he isn't the #1 receiving option if he were on the Cowboys.
How do you know? As inaccurate as Dak is this kid’s right up his alley. Catches everything. You are aware we led the entire league in drops??

Cowboyny

Reaction score
How do you know? As inaccurate as Dak is this kid’s right up his alley. Catches everything. You are aware we led the entire league in drops??
Pitts is basically a big receiver, he is good, but not a #1 receiver on a team like the Cowboys.

Gaede

Reaction score

Really does depend on how this contract situation goes. If we still can't reach a long-term deal with Dak, we've got to consider QB. And of all the QBs that might be available at 10--Jones, Lance, Fields--Jones is the only one I seriously consider

Hardline

Reaction score
To effectively use Pitts you got to line him up all over the field to create mismatches. Problem is, who are you taking off the field: Cooper, Lamb, Gallup to do this?
None of the above.
You take out Jarwin
or Shultz.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really does depend on how this contract situation goes. If we still can't reach a long-term deal with Dak, we've got to consider QB. And of all the QBs that might be available at 10--Jones, Lance, Fields--Jones is the only one I seriously consider

I assure you my ability to negotiate a new contract with Dak Prescott would play no part in it.

I wouldnt even know if I could. I'd never try.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
You wouldn't need to with Pitts being the TE assuming they are in a 1 back set. If you are moving him outside against a CB you aren't running and have no need for another TE inside and if you did sub in another TE you would just be letting the defense sub in to counteract the mismatch.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You wouldn't need to with Pitts being the TE assuming they are in a 1 back set. If you are moving him outside against a CB you aren't running and have no need for another TE inside and if you did sub in another TE you would just be letting the defense sub in to counteract the mismatch.
Then teams bring on another corner, where the TE inline, may have another linebacker to protect against the run.

cnuball21

Reaction score

I think you can almost make the same case for taking Pitts as you can for taking Chase.

You’re basically locking in trading or letting Gallup go to FA.

Pitts’ versatility would make him TE1 / WR3.