Kiper Mock 3.0 3/21/23

NotForLong

Reaction score
Agree 100% ........prefer NOT to use 26 but wouldn't be mad. This kid brings so much to OUR offense with the transition to more run base/WCO. Mismatch, red zone monster, 1st down waiting to happen, 5th OLineman ......
He has soft Hands and catches a lot of passes with One hand . . . It appears His weakness maybe just the Nuances of the game and perfecting His Routes.

And like you said His Blocking and as a Short yardage target will be of Value in His 1st year

I am drooling a little bit but all would only depend on who is there and who is not . . . Bijan is a generational talent and DT is an Area of need . . . if Bijan, Bryan Bresee, Calijah Kancey are available The Cowboys have to select one of them

If they are all selected I would move down a few spots, pick up a few picks and try to Draft Washington in the second Round

Aven8

Reaction score
Jerry passing Robinson from the states biggest school for a workout warrior? Lol.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Definitely more of a traits pick…but the traits are through the roof.

Best comp I’ve seen is Rashaan Gary. Didn’t have a ton of production in college but super athlete with big time traits. He was taken 12th overall and has turned into a pro bowl caliber player.

Tomi has that kind of potential IMO and does fit the Cowboys mold of the type of heavy handed DE they’re currently looking at.
i Cant disagree about him being an ideal cowboy prospect,if he had the stats he would be a lock for the top 10 in this draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
Mel thinks the kid is defensive tackle. It would make our pass rush better. Not bad. Usually he gives us a guy that makes no sense. :rolleyes:
How do you know he makes the pass rush better? He didn't even have double digit sacks in his career at Northwestern as a DE despite the raw skills he has. Why would you then assume he'd be a pass rush threat in the NFL, even at DT? Seems like quite the risk.

To me when a DL or LB has freakish skills and tests crazy but doesn't have much production from college, that's a giant red flag to me.

cnuball21

Reaction score
How do you know he makes the pass rush better? He didn't even have double digit sacks in his career at Northwestern as a DE despite the raw skills he has. Why would you then assume he'd be a pass rush threat in the NFL, even at DT? Seems like quite the risk.

To me when a DL or LB has freakish skills and tests crazy but doesn't have much production from college, that's a giant red flag to me.
Teams draft for traits. This is why guys like Murphy, Smith and Van Ness will all fly off the board despite having gawdy production numbers.

Sydla

Reaction score
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/adetomiwa-adebawore-1.html

I wouldn't call that no real production. His production is on par with Nolan Smith who apparently everyone loves.
12.5 sacks over 4 years from a guy that has apparently ridiculous raw skills?

To me, that's just a red flag from a DE/Edge guy. I'd rather take a flier on someone like Foskey who also has some great raw skills and it showed on the field with double digit sacks the last two seasons.

And honestly, I am not a big Nolan Smith fan either.

tm1119

Reaction score
The problem with watching Adebawore’s tape is that while he played mostly DE, he’s not a natural fit there despite the impressive straight line speed at the combine. He has very little in terms of pass rush moves other than a bull rush and doesn’t have much bend at all (didn’t run the 3 cone, but I suspect it wouldn’t be a great #).

However, when he was lined up at 3 tech or 5 tech (OT’s inside shoulder) you can see very impressive gap penetrating ability to get in the backfield. He’s too quick for most guards and too powerful to block without being squared up to him. So I can see how he’d be very enticing to Quinn to develop into a 3 tech.

With all that said…I still prefer Keion White as a DE to DT convert if we’re going that route. And I do think 3 tech should be a priority.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
12.5 sacks over 4 years from a guy that has apparently ridiculous raw skills?

To me, that's just a red flag from a DE/Edge guy. I'd rather take a flier on someone like Foskey who also has some great raw skills and it showed on the field with double digit sacks the last two seasons.

And honestly, I am not a big Nolan Smith fan either.
That's fair

Sydla

Reaction score
Teams draft for traits. This is why guys like Murphy, Smith and Van Ness will all fly off the board despite having gawdy production numbers.
Great.

We drafted Hill for his "traits" despite limited production. We drafted Charlton for his "traits" despite some not so great production.

That's not to say take the guys who just produced in college. Take Mayer. Great college stats but he clearly has a ceiling given his athletic traits, so I am not sure I'd be all giddy if we picked him at 26.

But a guy as big and as fast and as twitchy as the kid from Northwestern and he has limited production screams a guy who needs major refining to his game. Sorry, but that's just a red flag to me on a guy you want to take in the 1st round. Too much risk.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Great.

We drafted Hill for his "traits" despite limited production. We drafted Charlton for his "traits" despite some not so great production.

That's not to say take the guys who just produced in college. Take Mayer. Great college stats but he clearly has a ceiling given his athletic traits, so I am not sure I'd be all giddy if we picked him at 26.

But a guy as big and as fast and as twitchy as the kid from Northwestern and he has limited production screams a guy who needs major refining to his game. Sorry, but that's just a red flag to me on a guy you want to take in the 1st round. Too much risk.
I’d disagree. Charlton actually had decent production but lacked traits. Hill was just a flat out bad pick.

And that’s fair for your opinion, I’m just explaining how most NFL teams operate and why you’ll see a handful of guys drafted ahead of us that lack the production you’re probably looking for.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Don't see this at all.......Quinn found Sam Williams w/o burning a 1st. Just me, but I am now 100% confident 26 will be TE or RB unless a top 15 CB, flex OT, or WR falls. Keep in mind Stephen admitted one of the off-season goals was to add more juice to the offense. Robinson or Mayer does that from day one.

Bottom line........there is no way in hell Jerry Jones will pass on Robinson, no way (lol)
You are overvaluing Mayer in an extreme way. Not even the best TE in the draft

Sydla

Reaction score
You are overvaluing Mayer in an extreme way. Not even the best TE in the draft
Debatable. He's the most pro ready TE in the draft right now. He just doesn't have the raw skill that a Washington has.

MikeT22

Reaction score
If it fell this way then the three options are sitting right there, Robinson, Washington, Bresee.

Carson

Reaction score
Literally every pick after ours was better.

Bring back Fowler, you have Sam Williams as the future. Tank and Armstrong are already your starters. This is really a wasted pick