Kiper On The Cowboys

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
People are going to lose their minds when we wait until the fourth round to pick a safety
Perhaps.

All I can say is if we end up with someone like Khari Willis or Will Harris, I would not be shocked.

We have undervalued the position for years. Don't see why they would suddenly think otherwise.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The players may be off but if we follow what the Cowboys have done in recent memory......they aren't going safety at 2nd round. They may. But it wouldn't shock me if they didn't. I could see a scenario where they go tight end or running back there or even slot receiver before safety.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Perhaps.

All I can say is if we end up with someone like Khari Willis or Will Harris, I would not be shocked.

We have undervalued the position for years. Don't see why they would suddenly think otherwise.
I think what it is is they just don't value the position enough to take the risk. Like if Derwin James fell to them..........I think they'd say they would still take LVE but I believe he would've been our pick if he kept falling. But they didn't value him enough to trade up and get him either.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Especially if that's because we took a backup RB in the 2nd or 3rd round. LOL.
but if Zeke gets hurt or decides to pull a LaVeon Bell...that back-up RB all of a sudden becomes VERY important.
and if none of the above happens...I still don't trust Zeke to make smart decisions with his off time.

Sydla

Reaction score
Perhaps.

True but they have done homework on many safeties that they'd have to grab in the 2nd or 3rd.

So that gives me some hope.

Sydla

Reaction score
but if Zeke gets hurt or decides to pull a LaVeon Bell...that back-up RB all of a sudden becomes VERY important.
and if none of the above happens...I still don't trust Zeke to make smart decisions with his off time.

You can't use a premium pick on a TB because you are afraid Zeke might get hurt or he might get suspended. That's just bad roster management.

Because what if he doesn't get hurt? Then you just used a 2nd round pick on a guy that might play 10% of the time over the next two seasons.

cowboyec

Reaction score
You can't use a premium pick on a TB because you are afraid Zeke might get hurt or he might get suspended. That's just bad roster management.

Because what if he doesn't get hurt? Then you just used a 2nd round pick on a guy that might play 10% of the time over the next two seasons.
don't necessarily disagree....and the earliest Id wanna take a RB is at 90.
but I certainly understand if we took one at 58...and maybe Im dead wrong with this....but if we take one at 58....that tells me they know something we don't about #21.
in the end.....its gonna be a S or DL.

Sydla

Reaction score
don't necessarily disagree....and the earliest Id wanna take a RB is at 90.
but I certainly understand if we took one at 58...and maybe Im dead wrong with this....but if we take one at 58....that tells me they know something we don't about #21.
in the end.....its gonna be a S or DL.

The only way a TB at 58 makes sense is if they have made the decision to let Zeke play out his contract and they won't sign him. But even then, that's still not a good use of that pick IMO.

Carson

Reaction score
He continues to miss on Dallas just like every season.

Hey Mel, how did picking vander esch over a receiver turn out? Oh right. Vander esch was the better pick and we’re now loaded at receiver

morasp

Reaction score
We used two draft picks last year and our first this year on WR so no thanks. Knox might turn out to be really good but I would prefer a guy with a little more production that early in the draft. Weren't there some comments about Warring that he might be learning impaired? I don't mind DL and if Jones was there he would be good value. Unless Saunders is suddenly rising he would probably be there at 90 and I think they like Hill better.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps.

If we don't take a S at 58 than I have already thought that we will wind up taking Will Harris from BC and he is not a bad SS but just not as high on him as the other prospects.

Techsass

Reaction score
Usually the FO grabs FAs for the positions they plan on drafting.

They signed a lot of FA receivers & D linemen. Only 1 safety I think, but they have 4 projected round 2 safeties on their official visits. Most of the DT visits are projected late 2nd/3rd round.

Oops. I forgot this was about Mel.