bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
... is one tough hombre.

235-691-2048469813429b0ff35a564.gif

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I love havin Keyshawn on our team. I think he will have an even better season this year. He comes to play...

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun said:
... is one tough hombre.

235-691-2048469813429b0ff35a564.gif
I am amazed that he didn't try and cushion his fall by sticking out his hand or arm. He landed on his side and might have saved himself from an arm or hand injury.

Hiero

Reaction score
ya keyshawn was such a good signing, i really love the guy regardless of what he does in the media and etc. he got up from that play and played even harder than before. he will go over the middle and get absolutely cracked, and then do it 5 more plays in a row.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Talk about the defense launching itself at a defenseless receiver. I guarantee Keyshawn will never get that call.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
One thing about Keyshawn is that he is VERY tough. He has taken some wicked shots over the years. One when he was with the Bucs where his helmet went flying and he was knocked out cold before he even hit the ground.

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Talk about the defense launching itself at a defenseless receiver. I guarantee Keyshawn will never get that call.

that's weak, that guy didn't lead with his head or go helmet to helmet, it wasn't a play across the middle, and the ball was touching keyshawn's hands when he got hit. Perfectly clean. If you want to see a defensive player launching himself at a defenseless receiver maybe you can check out roy's hit on toomer. It makes the highlights on here if its roy, but if that was sean taylor hitting terry glenn everyone here would be up in arms.

ravidubey

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
One thing about Keyshawn is that he is VERY tough. He has taken some wicked shots over the years. One when he was with the Bucs where his helmet went flying and he was knocked out cold before he even hit the ground.
That hit during that MNF game was unbelievable. This is why I say he's the Rodney Hampton of WR's. I've never seen a WR take more vicious hits than Keyshawn allows. There's no wiggle in his giddyup, he just takes punishment. That's why I think he will break down all at once like Hampton did.

ravidubey

Reaction score
stag hunter said:
that's weak, that guy didn't lead with his head or go helmet to helmet, it wasn't a play across the middle, and the ball was touching keyshawn's hands when he got hit. Perfectly clean. If you want to see a defensive player launching himself at a defenseless receiver maybe you can check out roy's hit on toomer. It makes the highlights on here if its roy, but if that was sean taylor hitting terry glenn everyone here would be up in arms.
I didn't notice the ball bouncing off Key's hands at first, but even so the DB makes the decision to hit Key long before the ball gets there and hits Key's leg square with his helmet. He then mimes a pushing motion and raises his head like he was trained to do in DB Acting 101. He's not going for the ball at all-- I doubt he even sees it-- and has his head down while he charges.

Maybe it just looks worse at full speed...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
stag hunter said:

that was a great hit, and tommer came out ok, so therefore no harm done,

VirusX

Reaction score
That should have been a penalty but hey Key makes his name off those hits and gets up. Glad to see we have someone with some testicles on our team heh.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ravidubey said:
I didn't notice the ball bouncing off Key's hands at first, but even so the DB makes the decision to hit Key long before the ball gets there and hits Key's leg square with his helmet. He then mimes a pushing motion and raises his head like he was trained to do in DB Acting 101. He's not going for the ball at all-- I doubt he even sees it-- and has his head down while he charges.

Maybe it just looks worse at full speed...

Long before the ball gets there? The ball and the hit were at the same time or close to it. Clean hit. Good hit - period. It's football.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Howboutdemcowboys31 said:
Keyshawn Johnson got....JACKED! UP!

HAHA, a little NFL PrimeTime never hurt anybody.

I like

wxcpo

Reaction score
Sarge said:
Long before the ball gets there? The ball and the hit were at the same time or close to it. Clean hit. Good hit - period. It's football.

I think some in here may have seen things differently had KJ been seriously injured on the play and unable to continue playing.

I am definitely not advocating for new rules, but KJ was very fortunate to have come down on his side and not his head or neck. I love football and clean , tough hits as much as the next guy, but I don't like seeing hits like this. The DB was intentionally going for KJ's legs and if KJ is not defenseless at this point then no one is. Hindsight allows us to go back and say great hit because KJ got up and continued playing and probably played more inspired after the hit. I love the fact that he was able to do this, but there for a second you had to wonder if that was going to be the case.