K'Lavon Chaisson?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Bryan B has stated that the Jags are looking to move on from Chaisson.

I remember loving his insane athletic ability.
He has had only one sack per season, but it sounds like the Jags moved him from a traditional 4-3 DE, which did not play to his strengths, as a rookie to a stand-up LB, that played even less to his strengths, in year 2, and of course, they are the Jags.

What round of pick would you give up to let Quinn take a shot at him? Or would you give up anything at all? I think this draft is too deep to give up our 4th, but one of our 5ths? I would be interested

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I think a 5th would do it, but does Quinn like him? They also had the opportunity to draft him when he was in Atlanta and passed.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If there were two players I couldn't stand in that draft....this guy and CJ Henderson.....both heavily rumored to Dallas.

Leave it up to Jacksonville to get both.

They really love blowing top picks....yet were in the AFC CG not so long ago. Much more than I can say for Jerry's kids.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a 5th would do it, but does Quinn like him? They also had the opportunity to draft him when he was in Atlanta and passed.

I’d take a chance for a 5th. Two years to see if you can get something out of him before the potential fifth year option. I’ll cop to wanting to draft him that year. I have think that Quinn could get more out of him in his defense than what we’ve seen in Jacksonville.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

He has had only one sack per season, but it sounds like the Jags moved him from a traditional 4-3 DE, which did not play to his strengths, as a rookie to a stand-up LB, that played even less to his strengths, in year 2, and of course, they are the Jags.

What round of pick would you give up to let Quinn take a shot at him? Or would you give up anything at all? I think this draft is too deep to give up our 4th, but one of our 5ths? I would be interested

I would def call and offer one of the 5th rounders. Hell, Jerry admitted we were going to draft this kid if Lamb hadn't dropped.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...-impact-former-1st-round-pick-nfl-draft-more/

Kolemmitt

Reaction score

Good points. I think it would be Quinn's call. Sounds Fowler might already be his reclamation project for the year.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score

timb2

Reaction score
Nothing. He was a player I felt would be a bust and he proved me right.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Yes, one of our 5th rd picks would be top price. He is still young and talented, worth the gamble.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don’t know how good is feel about giving up a pick for him unless it’s a late rounder…

He’s just not very good, and likely would play very little for us.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I would do it for a 5th.

It's unclear whether it was the coaching staff or scouts in place in 2020 that liked him, or both, but we were very interested in drafting him per Jerry.

I liked him coming out and said he was a bag of tools that needed to be developed.

These are highlights of course, but you see the flashes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would do it for a 5th.

It's unclear whether it was the coaching staff or scouts in place in 2020 that liked him, or both, but we were very interested in drafting him per Jerry.

I liked him coming out and said he was a bag of tools that needed to be developed.

These are highlights of course, but you see the flashes.

I liked him in that draft as well. And I think that playing in the mess of Jacksonville under a new coordinator every year and new role in different systems didn’t help. As you said, he looks to have tools to develop and he’s still just 22.

Another plus for me is that he was a highly regarded and respected leader at LSU with a great work ethic. That’s another reason why I’d take the chance on him.

Carson

Reaction score
I liked him in that draft as well. And I think that playing in the mess of Jacksonville under a new coordinator every year and new role in different systems didn’t help. As you said, he looks to have tools to develop and he’s still just 22.

Another plus for me is that he was a highly regarded and respected leader at LSU with a great work ethic. That’s another reason why I’d take the chance on him.
I agree. It's not often you can find the first round talent to be had for cheap this early.

My only knock is, when teams bail on guys early (Charlton) there is usually a reason. But Quinn is one of the best and I am sure he would find a role for him. We have a better chance on Chaisson making an impact this season than one of our 5th rounders.

Rayman70

Reaction score
players with "POTENTIAL" are coach killers and team killers. I would pass. He is thin.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. It's not often you can find the first round talent to be had for cheap this early.

Only in Jacksonville. They seem to quickly give up on first round picks on a regular basis. Last year it was CJ Henderson.

My only knock is, when teams bail on guys early (Charlton) there is usually a reason.

In Charlton’s case, there were definitely attitude issues mentioned but I’d be surprised if that was the case with Chaisson. It doesn’t line up with his prior character.

But Quinn is one of the best and I am sure he would find a role for him. We have a better chance on Chaisson making an impact this season than one of our 5th rounders.

I have to think so. Quinn’s scheme seems much more fluid and less rigid, which seems a good fit for athletic guys like Chaisson.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
players with "POTENTIAL" are coach killers and team killers. I would pass. He is thin.

I get that with 1st round picks, but if we give up a 5th round pick on a guy with a ton of potential?

It's not like he is struggling in Pittsburgh or NE, It's the Jags. Who succeeds there? Even Trevor Lawrence is struggling in that mess.

Carson

Reaction score
Only in Jacksonville. They seem to quickly give up on first round picks on a regular basis. Last year it was CJ Henderson.

In Charlton’s case, there were definitely attitude issues mentioned but I’d be surprised if that was the case with Chaisson. It doesn’t line up with his prior character.

I have to think so. Quinn’s scheme seems much more fluid and less rigid, which seems a good fit for athletic guys like Chaisson.
Oh I am 100% behind trading for him. I was a big fan of his at LSU

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Jacksonville isn't getting a 5th for him. I'd give them a conditional 6th/7th based on PT/stats.