Knee-Jerk Suggestions For 2022 Season

Chuck 54

Reaction score
How much of KC offense is Bieniemy and how much is Andy Ried? A lot of Belichecks deciples fail because they aren't Belicheck.
I don’t think it really matters who came up with all the recent additions like the shuffle passes inside. Bienemy has been putting it all together. He is the OC and has studied longer under Reid than Moore did under Garrett. He played in the NFL and knows what the season and the postseason is like. I think he would be an upgrade over Moore…..unless we are satisfied with Moore’s offense. He’s been successful in the numbers that offenses are ranked by, yards per game. But he has no idea how to run the ball or it’s importance. And he often screws us in the Redzone with trickery. I don’t see anyone for him to learn the run game design from, and he doesn’t use much of the short crossing routes that most of the NFL uses, which keeps the QB from holding the ball and waiting on plays.

Verdict

Reaction score
Like everyone, including Jerry, I should wait till next week, but here are my suggestions.

• Fire McCarthy. I’ve been a fan all year because it looked like he had a plan, but the penalties, especially the dumb ones, are addressable, but they got worse and worse. Next head coach gets the directives to hold players accountable for all dumb penalties and build discipline while also insisting on a stronger commitment to the running game all season as preparation for the playoffs. He never dictated that Moore develop and commit to the run game, which has little imagination or fit with our OL skills. That’s on him.
  • I love Quinn, but I’m not reducing his role by making him head coach. Throw money or asst head coach title to keep him, but if he walks, we have two guys on staff capable of taking over and Fangio is available.

• Fire Moore. It’s clear to me that he cannot design and coach a run scheme. His genius is the passing game, but even there, he is more focused on his X’s and O’s than on what Dak and the receivers do best….which routes have they mastered? Which routes do they win consistently on individually? Which routes does Dak see and execute best? Don’t make them fit your scheme…design your scheme around their strengths and comfort. Norv Turner didn’t look at 3rd down and try to trick the defense. He knew Irvin would win on the slant and Aikman loved that throw. Dallas will never develop a run game and the toughness that comes with it under Moore.

• Interview Eric Bieniemy for head coach/play caller. He has been great before and since Mahommes with the passing game, yet he still schemes an effective run game as a former RB.

• Interview and consider bringing Todd Bowles back to Dallas as head coach. I think Bowles or Bieniemy would be an improvement and bring discipline and toughness to this team.
Bieniemy might be an upgrade as OC. As a head coach he would be an unknown, but he might get you a 3rd round bonus pick from the league.

Just say no to Bowles as a head coach.

conner01

Reaction score
Free agency and draft. I do all reasonable to keep Kearse, Shultz, Wilson.
I look for improve the interior OL, DL, and add at least 2 LBers even if I keep LVE. I find a run thumper even if he’s only a 2-down LB because there will be games when that guy is essential.
I try to bring back Urban. We were better against the run before losing him.
I think 2 of the 3 is possible
Schultz is gone though
Kearse is really a must keep
Will lol son can easily fill gallups shoes so he’s important to keep
Need linebackers really bad. Curious what offers LVE gets. He played well late in the season
Urban would be a nice keep
Hopefully Farniok and Ball can really develop
Picking at 24 just based off early mocks looks like the best quality is oline but it’s way early
In the top 3 rounds I’d love to fiend a real run stuffing LB who can really read plays and attack the right spot
We really need a home run draft and the guys from last years to really make strides
I think Cox is gonna be a good player and obviously parsons is a stud. But it’s important that a few others turn into solid players who can contribute

blueblood70

Reaction score
Like everyone, including Jerry, I should wait till next week, but here are my suggestions.

• Fire McCarthy. I’ve been a fan all year because it looked like he had a plan, but the penalties, especially the dumb ones, are addressable, but they got worse and worse. Next head coach gets the directives to hold players accountable for all dumb penalties and build discipline while also insisting on a stronger commitment to the running game all season as preparation for the playoffs. He never dictated that Moore develop and commit to the run game, which has little imagination or fit with our OL skills. That’s on him.
  • I love Quinn, but I’m not reducing his role by making him head coach. Throw money or asst head coach title to keep him, but if he walks, we have two guys on staff capable of taking over and Fangio is available.

• Fire Moore. It’s clear to me that he cannot design and coach a run scheme. His genius is the passing game, but even there, he is more focused on his X’s and O’s than on what Dak and the receivers do best….which routes have they mastered? Which routes do they win consistently on individually? Which routes does Dak see and execute best? Don’t make them fit your scheme…design your scheme around their strengths and comfort. Norv Turner didn’t look at 3rd down and try to trick the defense. He knew Irvin would win on the slant and Aikman loved that throw. Dallas will never develop a run game and the toughness that comes with it under Moore.

• Interview Eric Bieniemy for head coach/play caller. He has been great before and since Mahommes with the passing game, yet he still schemes an effective run game as a former RB.

• Interview and consider bringing Todd Bowles back to Dallas as head coach. I think Bowles or Bieniemy would be an improvement and bring discipline and toughness to this team.
give it 2-3 weeks let this calm down and smoke clears and see some decisions being made.

cowboyec

Reaction score
cut ties with Dak and get russell wilson.

but its not gonna happen so build around #4 thru the draft.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Brady is not here.

Really? He's not? I didn't say Byron was the answer to all our problems. I said he needs to be interviewed along with others. Go ahead and name me an OC that you think is great that has a QB who sucks while you are at it.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Getting Moore out of here is priority #1. He is in over his head and has no clue how to scheme a gameplan towards a specific defense. I wonder if his not being able to read a defense as a pro QB is effecting his ability to prepare and adjust to opponents.

The guy needs to go but I don’t think any team(aside from Dallas) is stupid enough to give him the keys as a HC.
Kellen isn't going anywhere. Maybe if he had been interviewed around week 8. Nobody with a brain is going to want that sling blade looking fool.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Maybe add NE’s Josh McDaniel to the list of interviews. I think he would take the job. Lots of experience. In total control of that offense for a long time. Was successful with a limited rookie because he tailors the game plan to the opponent and his own players. Most importantly, NE never abandons the run game and have been successful without star RBs.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am okay with most of this. They just need a coach who will instill discipline and a winning attitude in this team. Players who do not have good discipline on the field should be moved out.

I was very disappointed with both Gregory and Diggs yesterday. They can be such good players but the lack of discipline by bother players results in big plays that hurt the team.

Gregory needs to get out of Dallas. Pretty good defensive end, but his lack of discipline is unacceptable. We need to clear out the old guard and start building more accountability with a stronger leader at head coach.